Consensual pvp???? Stay a While and Listen Why this is no fun.....

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by gonzo9002, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i just want freedom to live in my pvp world and meet friendly farmers in town and play minigames and gambling with them

i remember in age of conan we met a group of 20 guys , some role players we wanted to fight and attacked them ,

they didnt attacked back !!! just standing there and asking why u do that. we murdered them all

after that i thought wtf why they not fight back and i felt bad , and never attacked them again , these kind of opposite people should be separated

some like pvp some not, how do i know someone like pvp or if it is a friendly miner or someone who would slaughter me on my miner without thinking a second a bout it ,
    that cause a lot of friendly not pvp players getting murdered

2. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

and without murdering miners and woodcutters for materials , or ambush a transport i would have to farm the materials on my own , thats exactly what most pvpers not want .
    so flagcamps are needed where materials like wwod or ore spawns in chests, for the people defending it , so they can gamble and duel while waiting for pvp and still get some materials without sloughtering miners

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Are you implying that they are not developing the game properly? Not sure what you are getting at here.

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

UO had a skill system that made you choose between crafting, gathering, and combat. Go too heavy into one sector and you could not do much in others. You had to design your character around what you wanted to do with it.

You want to be a crafter that gathers your own materials then you could not be viable in combat.

This is not the case with SotA so your mental picture of murdering miners and wood cutters for materials is not going to work out the same as it did in UO.

You want to attack someone chopping trees, you had better check to make sure he's not armed to the teeth first. Because they can be gatherers and fight back.

5. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i mean the auto attacks for melee combat, but "super awesome cookcing worbanch animations"... and 10000 emotes instead of a buttom click system to do combos, and make proper death animations when someone die through a fireball he should burn to crisp
    or you should be able to make a brutal finishing move ala age of conan, the best every weapon have his own death animation (so i want to swap weapons from time to time) and it could work as an itemshop thing very well, who not want alternative more brutal finishing moves on his char.
    very rare weapons out of dungeons could have different cool looking finishing moves that i want to use them in pvp even if they are valuable and not do much more dmg (so they wont be op).

- still hope its a placeholder because they focused on mage spells in decks first and melee combat comes later

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

You don't want character skill based combat you want twitch based combat and that makes you say this game is not being developed properly? Just making sure I am clear on what you are saying. Because I completely disagree if that is the case.

7. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I would like a clarification from RG and the devs about what SotA is and what not. And I would like a commitment that PvP will be consensual. Then all these daily questions and suggestions of hardcore PvPers who like PvP and PK everywhere with no rules and full loot could be answered just with a link to this statement. Up until then all camps (PvE, PvP, hardcore PvP) will continue to be vocal to expressly underline their conception of the game and we are forced to read the same stuff again and again.

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    *nods in agreement*

Silent Strider and Sir Cabirus like this.
  9. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

monsters in pve not show wounds :( that really buggs me

10. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

why not satisfy all and being on 1 server that could be the easy to code solution i mentioned to make everyone happy , but people can still meet, and pvp in optional!!!!!

just let the pvpers being in other instanced than non pvper and make pvp everywhere like 99 percent of real pvpers want it

i mean i know soooo many uo players who not want to play it because of that

nearly whole talkhouse community , some guys running uo servers with a lot of players.
    the wiesbaden network coffee about 40 players all from my town (the whole pkk guild), we always played together because internet was fast there and not counted per minute

all players the game woudnt see and who waited for a richard garriot production long time or hoped for it

11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Kickstarter <-- Click here
    Pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost <-- Click here

12. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Thank you for the links Ristra :)

13. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

yeah but if lord british want to have money to return from his next mars mission he should satisfy the uo players too , why not do so when its easy to code by seperating there instances.

and its an alpha so every feedback is worth pure money for developers if they make the right decisiions , that can make a game fail or popular

so dont flame because there are some posts of pvpers , that non pvpers might not want to see

pure egoism of the pve players who want to see more players in there instances, to get the world infront of there house more populated , even if the pvpers not want to be with them because they cant murder them

+ twice the housespots for the game , at the same size of the map for pve and pvp different (except in towns)
    i know u all donated for castles or whatever , but there will be players joining later and there wont be slots avalible , what with people not want a house in the pvp zone

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

You have a full roster of all those UO people you are speaking on behalf? I am betting RG knows full well what the players of UO want.

Ned888 and Dryxaline like this.
  15. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

in my internat there was members of the johnson family

in the internet cofee was a lot of small guilds and the guild pkk together
    with tumirnix working on the entrance

there was a lot of players this internet cofee , netman ingame a friend of me have an uo server and several other guys i know, dont know if you remember them

the talkhouse community just to mention some

its long time ago but i would love to see some old uo players come back

whats with the awesome tc shop such things woudnt excist aswell if there is no seperated economy , by making materials far4md in pve zone useless for pvp just for monsters

16. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

mostly all player quitted with trammel , started own servers because of that.
    economy got broken you could get save farmed vanq and power wepons everywhere cheep in trammel ...

they made the wrong decission to make the in trammel farmed objects possible to transfer to feluccia

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Yahoo interview <-- Click here

It is a wall of text. It might be easier to read if you follow the link.

18. kronides

kronides Avatar

You mean most players left Felucca with Trammel, not UO. The game population was much higher during Renaissance than at any time previously. It's a fact, you can easily verify this online.

The playerbase of UO didn't start diminishing until summer 2003, a few months into Age of Shadows, probably not least because Diablo items destroyed crafting.

There was never any mass exodus from UO because PvP became consensual. There were, however, mass exoduses from it because PvP was not consensual. Why do you think they changed the rules?

19. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

oh i take a look still 2 h til my mk friend comes online :() btw do you know where these hangouts are streamed on twitch i would watch it

20. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

but only for 1 reason that was isdn

the 56k modem lagged

and the internet cofee had to buy a flatrate for 10.000 dm a month or so to make it fun and got like approximately 20.000 a month , the most profit they got from uo players , some counter stike star craft players too , long long time ago, when internet was smth rare

there was a reason there were several free servers with 1994 ruleset

in the later period you could bought a flatrate for 500 dm, the population increased then

later also a lot of players left not because of pvp and player driven economy but to encounter 3d worlds like age of camelot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.