Mining tweaks/ideas

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Dermott, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Mainly two things:

1. MORE NODES.

Right now, ore deposits are few and far between. In fact there's really only one area that's really set up for mining (oddly enough, it's NOT in the Graff Mines) which is the Hidden Vale: Hills area. Unfortunately, for the amount of mountainside available, there are fewer deposits than there are Cotton Plants.

2. LESS PER NODE.

Not necessarily in ore, but GEMS. Right now, the ore nodes should probably have a ton of sparkling gems protruding from them considering the almost ridiculous amount of gems that drop from a single deposit.

Over all, this would lead to greater Ore distribution, but lower gem distribution, but that I believe would be better overall based on the way things are at current (R9).

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Tompez42

Tompez42 Avatar

Yeah! I'm hoping to see more of focus on crafting in Q4. I assume right now what's in place is just a rough idea of how it is going to be. But it seems like there should be some more mountain hexes with large clusters of nods as well as nods in mines.

Does anyone know if there will be different ore types? I would assume so.

Morkul and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

[​IMG]

4. Tompez42

Tompez42 Avatar

I meant more like verite/valorium or whatever. i.e. ore which can be used to make the same items as iron ore, but which are of higher quality.

5. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

It's assumed that there will be as the game gets further developed (higher level, rarer ores, some of which are more frequent in PvP areas, etc).

I guess skill level could raise the number of ore deposits found in an area if they wanted to go that route. Just seems like there is quite a small number of deposits in likely areas at the current time.

6. Scolari79

Scolari79 Avatar

Coordinate based mining would be nice too. However this wouldn't work with gathering wood unless each tree was marked. Then have the tree stay but just be "empty" similar to UO.

I am hoping once PvP/combat is wrapped up they will start on crafting changes.

7. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

Different ore types is a great idea since it adds to different armor qualities. It also leads to more spinoff ideas later on. example: in UO if there was only one type of iron and one type of leather then the bulk order deed system(BODS) would never have happened, it requires different types of materials to yield different strength/quality/color items. Variety is the spice of life.

8. smack

smack Avatar

Regarding different ore types, take a look at this official answer here (requires Founder tier or higher access), from the Weekly Q&A.

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I just went to the Hills area where ore is said to be concentrated, and got my booty handed to me by the skeletons at the main entrance! Where can new players go to mine?

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

No more nodes! They have to move to a vein system! :>

I was thinking about how they would do this lately, I'll post more on it later.

11. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I always liked the vien system. Having to find just the right spot to get the kind of ore your after brought more joy then simply running around and "picking up rocks" is the way i feel about nodes

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  12. Berek

Yes! That was fun for me too. Either way, it's nice to have a mining system for multiple reasons. As I mentioned above, I'm still new to the system and currently trying to find my first node.

13. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I am still looking for good areas myself im kinda a noob as well. To date i have only found a handful of nodes. Im not all that conserned with crafting just yet. One of the things i fear is doing to much to early so that by release im burnt out. So im not hitting all that hard just yet.

14. Berek

I just had someone help me through The Hills, an excellent area to mine and gather other materials!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.