PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Murdock, Dec 3, 2014.

?

PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2014.
  1. Yes

55.3%
  2. No

39.5%
  3. Undecided

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Your link was broken for me, but i was intrigued by your suggestion...

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Fixed

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I like to PvP, but I don't want to play on any other world than the single world of SotA. It was never in the concept for there to be multiple worlds and servers.

When PvP interferes with the fundamental design of this game I will side with SotA every time. I would never want to have a separate World. That's where PvP ghost towns come from.

Do you realize if all the pvpers and pve players are all on one server we will have ALL of the PvPers in ALL of sota on one server? This idea about a separate server is a waste of resources and time for the SotA dev team.

majoria70, Moonshadow and Tahru like this.
  4. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

The argument thing about pk is that realistically, nobody in real life goes around murdering random on sight either. It is purely a virtual construction.

5. cariac

cariac Avatar

The best of the best sould be a pvp server. Oh yes.

blaquerogue likes this.
  6. Lord Colin

Lord Colin Avatar

You mean like casting spells and giant, venom spitting spiders?

7. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Just because a fantasy world contains magic don't mean that people would start acting worse that any mass murderer ever have done in real life.

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  8. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

As sad as it may be. There is a massive amount of historical data pointing to the fact that people do indeed go around in real life randomly murdering people on sight.

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Rather than a dedicated server, we can just combine a bunch of player own towns together. Wouldn't it would be effectively the same thing? I prefer the idea of keeping everyone on one shard.

Murdock likes this.
  10. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Wow, sure would like to see some of that "data"...

Joviex likes this.
  11. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Lol thank you, that's what I meant. Some people are silly.

Joviex likes this.
  12. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Will the devs support adding open pvp and full loot to player run towns? Great post.

Tahru likes this.
  13. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Isn't the entire game a "virtual construction"?

14. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

I'm proud to say the pro-PvP contingent on this thread has taken the higher road for once. It only proves my point that opponents will stoop to any level, to include feigning insult, to ensure pro-PvP remarks are squashed. It begs the question, who is the griefer? It doesn't matter though...i'm going to keep contributing to the PvP movement.

blaquerogue and Moonshadow like this.
  15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

From what I have read/watched, it seems likely that is may work like this.

1. PoTs choose PvP or No PvP
    2. Guilds chose Standard PvP, Full-Loot PvP or No PvP. A particular encounter looting would be based the combination of the guild's choices.

16. Haplos

Haplos Avatar

We alwasys say it so I will get it out of the way........UO worked because it was dangerous, but if you had a guard macro you could ruin someones day in town.

Safety in town was a good thing, however I had a wood chopper that could run into the woods and hide before you could get near him (most the time)......the danger made the game and yes there were griefers, so you had to figure out how to beat/avoid them.

I don't know that we are ever going to see that again, because no matter what people say, they play pve games more than pvp no matter how they are set up. It sounds good to say that you really want it to be the wild wild west, but when you get ganked and looted most whine about it or quit.

These guys are in the game for the money, not the "good old days", so when the bottom line starts to slip they will change it. Is it not the favorite past time to bemoan WOW? However it outsells all games and if it gets too hard, they just let you join and automatically level to 90. That's not hard core but it makes em money.

I alwayu thought we would find a nitch game, but no matter how they start, they always go toward the money.

So I play the ones that are on the fringe and keep looking.....good luck to you.

Murdock likes this.
  17. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Yes.

You guys make it like a burnt out place of desolation, Mad Max style marauders and social hand grenades.

Frankly I would like to play here for a Siege Perilous style game play. It will be so much harder. You will make TIGHT friends. The community will be so much tighter, the rivalries so much stronger.

You dont even have to be a PvPer to play here. You want an RPG to have immersion, RP to have meaning, players to have good community...hell it would be right here!

PvPers are not foaming at the mouth neck beards who KOS each other.

Just because you can doesn't mean you do.

blaquerogue and Murdock like this.
  18. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Excellent post. The tightest bonds are formed between those who endure hardships and savor victories together.

blaquerogue likes this.
  19. Net

Net Avatar

I was always curious about this. What will the villain buy if he can steal everything he needs? And how the robbed pay if they have nothing left?

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  20. Jlad

Jlad Avatar

It creates buyers due to players needing more equipment. While it's true that the successful villain will have a large vault of items to draw from, most players would not. The murdered and the robbed always bounce back to buy or craft more. And in all cases this makes rare items impractical to use due to the investment vs risk, so crafting becomes a reliable source of obtainable quality items. At least that's how it worked in UO before they changed things up.

I agree with this, though, and don't think multiple servers is in their vision. I'm all for full loot in games due to the crafting focus and low magic world it creates, but don't think that's the direction we're headed in. And hey, that's cool too. It's just a different thing. :)

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.