How well will this game support a duo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gypsy Lou, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

i'm very intrigued by all of this game's features and its heritage but I'm concerned about the single player aspect. There's nothing more frustrating for my wife and I than playing an MMO riddled with single player instanced content that requires us to separate (i'm looking at you, Age of Conan).

We only always play together, neither of us is interested in single player content or story for that matter. I love good narratives, I was a huge Ultima fan and have always enjoyed good storytelling, but it simply does not work for me in an MMO. Reading is not a multiplayer experience.

So how will two players who want a thriving community and a sandbox experience like this game? This is my first read through on the forums, thanks for any suggestions or insights.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I believe you will find yourselves quite at home in this game then.

There will be a couple of sections of the main quest-line where you will be placed in solo-instances, however once that portion of the story is complete, you will be reunited with your party members to continue the quest.

That section of the game has yet to be released, so we do not know how extensive it will be.

Under the current releases though, *all* of the existing content is co-op friendly : Simply ensure you are partied together, and you and your partner will always be added to the same instance.

I personally have used the party sorting functionality quite extensively over the past releases, and have found it quite acceptable. :)

Heradite, majoria70, Mata and 2 others like this.
  3. HokageFont

HokageFont Avatar

Welcome wanderlust!

majoria70, Mata and Atogrim like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Wanderlust, eh? I see what you did there.
    And welcome of course!

majoria70, HokageFont and Mata like this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Wanderlust and your wife!

majoria70 and HokageFont like this.
  6. Dakota

Dakota Avatar

Welcome to you both ! :)

I can say for certain....its perfect for you and your wife, myself and my wife Bleubelle only started playing as R12 launched, we have been having a brilliant time playing together :)

We have found a great guild with nice people in it, and we have even started our own website off (our very first one we ever tried to create, so please be gentle on us) www.avatar-council.co.uk

It is still in its infancy :)

But again, big welcome to you both, we hope you have as much fun as we do ! :)

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Wanderlust and also to your wife. That is terffic that you both play. I think it makes life much easier, and also gives something you have in common.
    How many times have couples had a situation where one is not a gamer and one is had misunderstandings?:cool: I am very happy for you.:)

Mata likes this.
  8. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Thank you *all* for your responses. One thing that is very important to both of us is community, and I can see that this game already has a great one. Looking forward to becoming an active part of it!

Pledging and installing tonight!

@Duke Raas: Thanks. I'm sorry to hear that there is single player instanced content but if the rest of the game makes up for it, wonderful. Hope it's minimal tho.
    @Marjoria70: Thank you! Yes, both of us being gamers is a real treat for both of us. We've both been MMO'ing since UO Beta (we were there when LB was killed by Rainz lol) and it's been a long strange trip from there to here. Closing the loop!

majoria70, Sir Stile Teckel and Mata like this.
  9. stile

stile Avatar

We bid ye welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.