The fastest way to lose 20,000 gold...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loneyvychan, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loneyvychan

loneyvychan Avatar

1. Double-click on for sale sign for a row property
    2. Accidentally click claim (one click will suffice!) instead of cancel
    3. Click relinquish claim thinking you would recoup your inadvertent investment (or at least some since the property was obviously worth 20,000 when you bought it 30 seconds ago)
    4. Voila! homeless and poor again
    don't ask me how i know

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I've suggested in the R12 feedback forums that the buttons and interfaces to claim and unclaim lots should be segregated.

I'm glad to see that I have at least one sure supported in this suggestion. :)

mbomber and enderandrew like this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Submit this as a bug in the R12 feedback forums.

5. loneyvychan

loneyvychan Avatar

ok will do, once i finish kicking things near me

majoria70, Time Lord and gtesser like this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

It's not a bug. This behavior is working as intended, as stated in the instructions or similar document. It probably wasn't worth coding the error possibilities since this is not the intended behavior of the final lot deed system. In that instance you will be getting deeds back, not cash. This would involved different error cases than getting money back.

Duke Raas likes this.
  7. skywave

skywave Avatar

Forget what a game? (D3 WOW OR UO) OR remove decomposition important items will be asked to manually enter the characters in English "DElETE" re-confirmation
    This is a very thoughtful design.
    But do SOTA ???

Drakkar2 likes this.
  8. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You just described Bank of America's lending practices prior to 2008.

9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I haven't tried deleting a character, but I don't believe SotA ever prompts you to type DELETE for things like this.

10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

so when you buy a house, you usually have a time limit to back out and not be legally bound to that agreement.

why not, if the interface window on the lot is not yet closed, you relinquish ownership, you get 75% of the money back..

11. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Avatar

That's awful!! Please tell us how you earned 20k tho

12. Drakkar2

Drakkar2 Avatar

I'm with Mike Hunt! LOL.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

check out the community events. 8pm EST ALMOST every night, bayridge does a challange dungeon or two in braemar.

if you have a full group, everyones take is usually about 10k or so..it is bugged right now, so it may take a couple tries - just be patient and follow his instructions, and you'll be fine.

14. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Because mony isn't used to buy lots in the final version. This is a temporary means to allow people to own housing. In the final version you buy a loot deed that is used to claim a lot. As the system is totally different, why put in code in an unfinished system that is just going to be thrown away, would need to be retested, and everything else that goes along with a temporary system that is used to let us do something in a way that isn't intended to be included in a final system. Part of the pre-alpha process.

15. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

from my understanding you will be able to pay in-game gold for some.. not the same ones you can get now with pledges - but some of them..lots, and the schematics for a house you are going to build.

to answer your question, jirc as to why would you put in a temporary system that won't work as intended in final release? look at guilds here in r12.

same reason many many items are available right now for special items. like for example the chaos spoons. there will be somethign crazy like 1 or 2 in the world. period. many many items in right now, will be unavailable to the masses upon release - unless if you pay REAL money, to the person or people who got them, and they then transfer the item to your account so you now own it. - i know people who are saving up real cash to purchase those items, for various needs.

if i cannot have an actual chaos spoon, i want a painting of one then. on a table with just a HINT of blood spatter near it. but hey, thats just me.

royalsexy likes this.
  16. loneyvychan

loneyvychan Avatar

That's actually the easy part with little adventuring required actually due to the artificial economy. It sucked to lose 20k that quickly but mainly due to principle since it could have been so easily avoided by a simple pop up "Are you sure you want to do this?" window. I earned 30k back in 2 days and already bought the row property i wanted plus basement. Revenue generation will not be a challenge until some type of market forces are in effect.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG][​IMG]

To earn money in game I killed bears for leather and crafted leather chest armor with a leather strap. The cash builds up when you sell those.
    I did the challenge dungeon also, but I had my house already before I did it from making these.:)

***edited***

lollie, enderandrew and Shadoweaver like this.
  18. Zuriel

Zuriel Avatar

I just did something similar with a village lot. 30k down the drain. I understand the permanent system will be completely different, but I can't imagine it would be too difficult to simply add a warning above the "unclaim" button stating that you will not be refunded for the price of the lot.

19. Alpha Protocol

Alpha Protocol Avatar

Substitute the text for "gold" with "deed" and make "n" deed "type" (city, town, village, etc.). How is it going to be any different? Assuming you still have to walk up to an available lot with said "deed" in hand instead of "n" gold.

20. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Having deleted a couple of characters so far I can confirm that SotA *does* indeed prompt you to type in a box before you can delete your character. But as the posters above have pointed out, there is less need to do this with the relinquish property transaction since the release behavior will return deeds (which won't be purchased with gold) via mail. This is not even alpha, I would not expect or want them to spend precious development time putting in temporary code that will have to be thrown out later just to avoid frustrating players who make the occasional mistake. It's a trade off, and I think they made the right judgment call on this.

That said, I'm sorry it happened to you. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.