where is everyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dasilva, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

ive been playing a couple weeks now and I may have seen 10 people in all of hidden vale

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I'll repost this being there is almost the exact same thread going on right now.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  3. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Some may have pulled back to not ruin the experience.

I notice myself after such a long time very active that i might have a little

Early Access Burn Out

I am considering the Pro and Cons of logging in again and again, compared to pulling the plug and waiting till release.
    The Fun of seeing a Game being Developed is great and keeps winning at the moment.
    But am really wondering if i am ruining myself alot of release fun - unexplored feeling.

I noticed other very active members , even ONBE who have turned down Forum activity to almost no activity compared to the early days of the Forum.

Maybe they have the same strategy of keeping the excitment for the finished game.

And to be honest. If you have been here from the start you slowly have given all your input you have 2 or 3 times to every subject. :)

This is a cut out of a interesting statement also stating that problem:

What if you’ve had your fill of a game before it’s actually finished? Sure, you might feel get your money’s worth by checking the amount of hours you sunk into it, but you miss out on the promises and fairy dust you bought into in the first place. You may never end up playing through the ‘full’ experience. And even if you do, you’ve likely seen most of it before and so miss out on that first-run excitement factor.
    Buying into the early access concept removes the experience that only a fully featured game can give you. Would Bioshock:Infinite or The Last of Us have had the same effect if you’d been playing them for years throughout testing?

Source: http://www.gamekeysnow.com/blog/why-early-access-is-bad-for-gamers-and-developers/

This is just a reason you can see activity going down, even more as a new release is so close.

Budner, Tahru, lollie and 1 other person like this.
  4. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

The game is so minimal right now there is only so much you can do, this is not how the game will be once it's completed, just right now people have levelled all they want to (before another wipe) and learned all the crafting, and been all the places.

Standing around looking shiny is only so much fun ;)

Tahru likes this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

People have seen most of this content in prior releases and got burned out repeating the same content and bringing between wipes. I'm thinking R14 might be a popular release because of pledge rewards. It might bring some people back.

Logain, Tahru and Etheom like this.
  6. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

It looks like R14 will be a popular release, definitely many will return for the fresh wipe

Tahru and enderandrew like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Now Now where's the encouragement? J/K. I do try to log in a bit everyday. As we get more to do people may stay in for longer periods. I wish fishing were ready.
    The more we have to do the better. ;) Many have already got the hat, their homes etc. You should see much more activity when the next release is out. People
    will be in getting the hat and looking for newly incorporated stuff.;)

FanofIolo and Tahru like this.
  8. Town-Portal

Town-Portal Avatar

I did play, and had some fun... but... i am having a hard time dealing with the fact there is so much loading, and the overland map travel thingie also.
    Working on my website for sota though, so i still have hopes!

I see some good in this early early alpha... so maybe it will turn out perfect. I don't regret buying my way in.

FanofIolo likes this.
  9. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

I really only do every other release or so, I imagine others do that too.

FanofIolo, Tahru and enderandrew like this.
  10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Ale intake at the pub up, gaming intake down in January. A new years resolution! Old gamers need a break once in awhile. :)

FanofIolo and Filthy Peasant like this.
  11. wdboyd

wdboyd Avatar

Salutations,

Thousands may be inside decorating their homes and basements.

12. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I'm guilty of skipping most of R13 (except the hat run - gotta do the hat run). But I am back at foraging in South Vale again ever since I saw that post on those new nifty looking swords and hammers.

Not that I really want to play a sword swinger or hammer smasher. Would enjoy a glow-in-the-dark bow more:D. Still, it did make me want to come back and try the crafting again. Might even try things out longer this time because it's not as painful as it was in the last release - I can actually make something without GRRRRR-ing:p.

Tahru likes this.
  13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Definitely have some burnout and trying to keep it fresh. Look at whatever new scenes are put in, do the hat quest, attend a couple of events, that's about it.

I don't mind grinding to level up but I intend to wait until final release to put more effort into a high-level character.

That said, I look forward to every release and always find it worthwhile to see all the new stuff. Also helps to get used to new mechanics (encumbrance, banking, etc. in R14).

Tahru and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
  14. Barnabas Znick

Barnabas Znick Avatar

I've only been playing around a month, so I'm a rookie compared to most here... I login a few times a week to roam around and such and checkout the world. I've read that crafting is very tough in this release so I haven't tried that yet. I'm now doing some mining to make gold to get a house and plot so I can play with that this release. I guess that's what's keeping me playing right now, to checkout the housing.

If I enjoyed the combat I'd probably spend more time leveling up, but after around 15 minutes I'm bored so I typically log and go do some arenas or find some fights in AA.

Next release I'll dive into crafting and check that out... so a lot of the game is still fresh to me. I've only scratched the surface on most systems compared to many who have been here much longer.

I can see why someone who's been around a while is laying low though. Once you've tested and sent opinions about all of whatever's available, some people just follow the forums and when they read of a change, login and check it out. This way people are still excited for release.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.