What happened to my house?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Caliya, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

After getting back from our vacation, it was disappointing I couldn't just pop into my house in-game and there were dozens of vacant lots but someone claimed mine. Boo

For testing purposes, I'm sure having houses revert is a good thing during pre-alpha, etc. But maybe one week was a bit small of a window.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Lighting a pipe and reading a good book, as your wife knits a sweater, and your kids play on the floor.

[​IMG]

aaronvf, Themo Lock, Keldrin and 5 others like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

A dog needs to be in that picture too

Themo Lock, DavenRock [MGT] and Tahru like this.
  4. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Happy Thoughts :)
    [​IMG]

5. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

lol you guys are old fashioned

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Caliya,

If you wish to visit, there's space in the drawing room for social activities,

[​IMG]

Tahru, Caliya and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  7. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Like swinging on the chandelier? heh

Keldrin, Lord Lonn and Tahru like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That is so kind of you to give an offer like that. You really are amazing:)

Caliya, Tahru and Gaelis like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry you lost your house Caliya. I hope you guys had a terrific vacation though.

Caliya, Tahru and Gaelis like this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

What a wonderful respite from the "YOU'LLDIE!DIE!DIE!DIE!EVERYBODYDIE!KILL!KILL!KILLYOUALL!"* of other sub-forums around here.

Thank you. I needed that.

* 100,000 geek points for proper identification of the quote.

Caliya and Tahru like this.
  11. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

We can start a househunters of our own - love it or leave it hehe (people outside the US or Canada may not know that program on TV, but I love to watch it, if and when I ever watch TV, which is rare)

You are all an amazing community, and I'm very glad people are willing to be helpful! It really is a nice change from the debates in the forums!

Tahru likes this.
  12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Just as a sidenote, in R13 I have set 4 players up with both the money and the stuff to build houses. Maybe given away stuff and gold to 500k or so. Without any dev giveouts. Would have probably given out more if more had asked me to.
    So if the crafting will be as profitable in R14 as it has been in R13 then feel free to put me on that non-existing friends list. Then if you find yourself in need like this just whisper me and we will see if I have a pile to spare.

13. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Wow, another generous offer. Thank you!

I have yet to figure out the making money with crafting. I never seem to have enough of the right supplies, or recipes. Maybe I need help with that! I'm not a lazy person nor do I try to mooch off anyone. I usually like to help people, but in this case, I'm pretty useless. lol

I have truly only just started playing the pre-alpha in R13 because we got a new router. The old router kept dropping me every few seconds to 2 minute max, so it was totally unplayable for me. So I really don't know a lot about how people make money, etc. because I'm a total newbie. Is there a newbie guide to making gold and crafting? Best ways to make money as a newbie, best places to fight, best armor, etc? Everything I have, others have given me (almost) - armor, weapon, money to buy a house (I didn't even ask, they volunteered in-game).

Do people use the same names in the forums as in the game? Does it go by account or character name? Not sure how to friend someone from the forum if they have a different character name in other words.

Koldar and Tahru like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes there is ways to make lots of crafting money. But those might be gone by R14. So give it a week and send me a PM and I'll give you a list.

For beginners in R13, South Valeyway and North Valeyway on the South to North road are beginners scenes.
    In the beginning until +10 levels or so equipment is worth more than skills. So regardless of what you want to be get heavy armor and melee weapon, then after re skill to what you want.
    As soon as you want more challenge head to the west center tor Righ Inis. Lots of resources and lots of respawning bad guys - two factions there fighting each other, learn to bring them together and hit them when they are weak.
    For the first ten levels never stand still while fighting, better to miss an attack opportunity by moving than to get it in and die.
    Best armor is in upper Owls Head armorer in a house on the right of the market.

My name is the same; so
    /friend Spoon
    mostly people will tell you if it differs when saying such, if they don't say then assume it's the same.

Hmm did I miss something?

Caliya, Tahru and Koldar like this.
  15. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Thank you Spoon! Greatly appreciated!

I think you answered my previous questions.

Someone said to craft leather to make money, but I have no clue how to get the soft or hard leather. I just have hides, and no recipe to make them into leather. Does one exist? Getting off topic here, but hard to move to another thread to ask.

Tahru likes this.
  16. Beli

Beli Avatar

takes 4 hides, a chunk of salt and a tanning knife. this will produce 2 leathers. I make leather chest piece with maple bindings , you will get around 2k for those

Caliya, majoria70 and Tahru like this.
  17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

if you want to find out on your own, use variations on the basic one until you hit the Craft spot.

if you want the shortcut then go to
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Leather

If you want a middle ground, you can buy all recipes currently in the game.
    Then run to Owls Head, jump over the dog, pass through the sheep dung, after the inconvenient wagon turn right, before the first stall go into building on left side, there you can buy recipes for all things you can currently craft in the game.
    for 250g each
    but I'd wait until after R14 hits so that we can check if these things are still true...

Caliya, amaasing and Tahru like this.
  18. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

Ahh yes, to sit back in you hammock, next to your stove, making fresh apple struddel, while watching your plants grow. That's the life.
    Now getting around the giant stone head to get to the bathroom, that's a bit more of a problem.
    That, and the fact that everything else I find that I can place will fill every inch of space I can......
    But that's the life of a adventurer hoarder.

Spoon and Caliya like this.
  19. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I had no idea you could buy recipes, but that's a bit steep price when a person doesn't have money to start with.

Thanks for the link! I'm such a newbie :D

20. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I finally made my own tonight, after looking up the link that Spoon posted and your advice on what to make. It takes a lot just to get that leather made, and the armor after that. Thanks again!

Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.