1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 14 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Awesome.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

*nods*

I have complete faith in you and your team; I just wanted to attach my own thoughts whilst they were still fresh, sorry. But is that minimum ram based on current Shroud needs, target needs for final launch, or due to the shift to Unity 5, or the potential Win 10 requirements do you know? I understand if you've got any info on Win 10 you may not be able to discuss it due to NDA though. Either way, I need to think of adding 2gb more ram it seems, boo.

Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  3. Dorian Drokk

Dorian Drokk Avatar

I can't wait to test the 64 bit build for OS X.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Welcome Dorian Drokk!

Themo Lock, Dorian Drokk and Isaiah like this.
  5. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I've tried it works good, but as a precaution I did hold the Ctrl key when launching it still worked so if you have a problem I would suggest trying that.
    mine the mac-book pro w retina screen just bought it last December it's nice.
    trying to find a tutorial for Photoshop if anyone knows of a good one give me a tag pls

Dorian Drokk and Tahru like this.
  6. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

You really need to update your system requirements on steam if you are dropping 32 bit windows support. Its not uncommon for any game to get a few bad forum arguments if it fails to work for 32 bit users, they get even nastier if you change system requirements during early access. Better to get it announced sooner rather than later.

Edit: You may also be expected to offer refunds as well to those who need it, after all you told them the minimum requirements already and are now changing those after the product has been sold.

Note: this is only a warning to keep good will with the steam community, I am a windows (and linux) 64 bit user :)

Leos and Tahru like this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Dorian Drokk, Lord Lonn and Tahru like this.
  8. Archaeopteryx

Archaeopteryx Avatar

@Darkstarr
    Just a minor thing, but in the R14 mail I received it says

We need all your help with testing the new patches, putting more stress on our multiplayer servers, and testing the new game content, so please join us in playing Release 13!

right down at the bottom. There is something slightly wrong in it I guess :D

Isaiah and Tahru like this.
  9. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I like the Mac laptop because it's the only thing I could find that was small enough to handle the game (eh) that I could take to work and not have to take something that was too obvious like a monster and co-workers would start talking..... you know "so what does he do" kind of thing hehe :eek:

Arianna and Tahru like this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

No the mac laptops are clearly good. I just think the Mac Pro has a bit of an over kill feel to it and I would love to hear from somebody who has one of those.

It was just a quick reply... I had no intention of taking it far off the topic. Just anybody who has one please stand up... type thing.

Lord Lonn and Tahru like this.
  11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Understood and we are going to do that as soon as we post the announcement to steam.

12. DarkStarr

doh!

13. James T. Cook

James T. Cook Avatar

Chain might be good for Archers who don't want the encumberance of platemail, but want the protection of metalic armor. These archers could be pure archers not interested in much spell casting, and willing to get up closer to battle. This could be a ranger rather than a stealth archer.

Leather armor could be the armor of choice for those who are interested in the life of a rogue. While it might cause a greater fizzle chance for spells, it may be just fine for speed and stealth and it comes with greater protection than cloth.

As for the gems and the copper hilt, what bothers you the most about those? I'm not concerned about if they borrowed an idea from another game and used it as long as it works and provides us with lots of options. So again what exactly is bad about this?

14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Can someone please enable the R14 events, feadback and bug forums to show up in the new posts search. The R13 ones were available and it was useful to see those.

Themo Lock likes this.
  15. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

You might want to edit the first line in the Google Docs you linked to for R14 instructions

Thank you for your continuing support of Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues! We’ve provided information here on what is available in the current build of the game for you to explore, test, and give feedback on. If you are a returning player, features that are new for Release 13 are highlighted.

I'm just sayin'

16. smack

smack Avatar

And I believe it will. Richard has alluded to the area around the Blackblade Pass or Hilt as having the hottest fires in Novia which will enable only certain types of crafting. I'm sure they've got plenty of ideas that simply haven't been implemented yet.

I've got a Mac Pro here at work (with a 4k monitor :)) but haven't had a chance yet to give it a try with the recent releases. If I get more time tonight and can punch a hole through the firewall again, I'll give it another go.

Lord Lonn and Isaiah like this.
  17. DarkStarr

thanks. fixed

Duke Raas likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

doing it now

19. Teterios

Teterios Avatar

Hello I have a few suggestions/comments for the game in general and the new release. My character name is Jacob Canaan and Im in one of the top pvp guilds in the game. I have fought many foe for the last 1-2 months.

Game Play:
    1 I would like to see eventually a mini map that shows the overview of the land and where your party/guild members are. (Guild green dots Party blue and Enemies red?)
    2 Button to change camera to behind me. Let myself hold it and still run then let go of it and be back in the other camera view i was prior.
    3 Crouch key? So you can jump and pull your legs up?
    4 When you talk to a vendor make it so you have to be in the zoomed in view of the vendor for the chatbox to be eligeble to come up. Say i had a vendor selected and i tried to talk to someone with /l then it automatically tries to talk to the vendor or npc you have selected and opens a new chat box..
    5 Option to turn off tool tips on your action bar.. Trying to stack spells to the right while the tool tip is showing hides 2 of your action bar squares.
    6 a Make bars movable? so i can adjust them on my screen where i like instead of always in the top left.
    b Make bars pullable? Being able to pull enemies bars and put them on your screen for later use in big battles makes team play more strategic Instead of cycling through or trying to click them on screen?
    7 a Deck locking / saving. Say i make a blades tank spec i set all my glyphs in my auto or locked deck then i go and switch to a mage template now they all just disappeared off my blades tank spec i just made.. They should just grey back out if you cant cast the spell. So going back to the spec that you tweaked and found what worked best wouldn't be lost? Just go back into deck building and select the blades tank deck you made..
    b Skill Tree saving. Have a way to have 4 or so ones you can save and go back to? Same thinking as before so you do not loose the exact points you put in each of the skills.

Player Vs Player
    1 All around i believe mage is stronger then melle at this point in r13. In r12 it was definitely more melle powerful. I will have to wait till this release to give a more accurate judgement.
    2 Fire ticks i believe are a little to over powered.. It seems you cant really compete unless you have 1-2 fire ticks of your own.
    Is fire decay supposed to give you life as well as damage and tick the enemy? It says drains life on it or is this just a double tick?
    3 Death touch is WAY to over powered a single stack death touch sometimes does up to 70 damage for a tier 1 spell which also heals you for that.. You can also spam them pretty fast. I believe a 40 damage max at like 40 int or so base it off of that?
    4 Give a more detailed explanation on what the debuff negletors debuff? Like purify and douse explain what spells they work against? Also 1 douse can get rid of 3 fire ticks (Fire arrow, Flame fist, Fiery decay) is this supposed to be like this?
    5 When taping the roll button it automatically resets your auto attack.. so when you have a bow u can shoot really fast..
    6 Make it so you can heal your guild members even though they are flagged pvp and not in party unless engaged with each other?

Well thats all I can think of for now. These are just suggestions so please no trolling :) Thank you!

NEW THREAD LOCATION!! https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/suggestions-gameplay-and-pvp.20269/ THANKS!

swampthing and Tahru like this.
  20. Womby

Womby Avatar

I am a natural worrier. I look at the simplest things, and immediately recognise the malevolent hand of fate at work.
    So, to Release 14. I love the progress, and look forward to the new content.
    One thing that really sticks out though, is that this is the first release with backer rewards available in game.
    In particular, property deeds. That means that there will immediately be a huge land rush.

Why is that a problem? It wouldn't be if everyone started with a pre-loaded copy of the game.
    If, say, we could start downloading the game on Thursday, January 29 at 10:30 AM Central Time (16:30 UTC), but the banks didn't open until 24 hours later.
    That would be nice. Sadly, I fear that this is not how things will work.
    I know in my heart that all the good spots will be taken by those with gigabit internet connections, while those of us connected with wet string will be searching for any remaining row lots behind the sewerage treatment works in Ardoris, when what we really wanted was a town lot in Owl's Head. :(

OK, I feel better now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.