My own worst enemy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leffy, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

Greetings fellow Avatars! After an extended absence from SotA, I was finally able to return and restart my pledge and pot. As I have been so looking forward to it, I upped to the Lord tier and Hamlet-I have that much love and trust in the game. So, in my haste to jump on and explore I failed to take the time to read all the information that I missed over the past few months. I got so excited at the banker, I started loading up my pack. After a while of running around, I found myself wanting to start over again with more attention to my character. Without giving it a second thought, I deleted my character and instantly got the warm fuzzy feeling inside: I failed to empty my pack back into the bank and just like that my lot deed was GONE. I am my own worst enemy sometimes. Talk about taking the wind of out ones sail....I promptly logged off, cried, went to bed and had NIGHTMARES. I don't know what can be done for me in the short term here-hope I don't have to wait for another wipe. Learned me a valuable lesson, and at my age those don't come everyday!

smack, Womby, Sofiamia and 7 others like this.
  2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Bummer. Hoping they make it harder to accidentally destroy pledge items in future releases.

Sofiamia, Tahru and lollie like this.
  3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Well, he went to Lord tier

Tahru likes this.
  4. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Man :( I am sorry that happened to you, that would make me cry.

#things we learned the hard way

Tahru likes this.
  5. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

i brought this up since I knew it was inevitable, which is why I wanted them to be placed in character inventory, so IF you did delete a character (which i feel most RPG players do delete their first toon within a few minutes), your next one would have them.

This is pretty much the same banking system ESO had, where the bank is shared, and to share items among characters you'd need to bank them, then take out with the other. if you deleted the toon / items, you'd have to email support to get them restored. I suppose that since we have homes here, you could just leave items on the floor of the house, log out, log in and pick up what you want.

Tahru, DavenRock [MGT] and Budner like this.
  6. Furious Fist

Furious Fist Avatar

I could be wrong, but I believe all pledge items are available again after each wipe. So, worst case you'll have it back in your bank at Release 15.

Of course, I'm sure the devs can just put it in your bank if you ask them.

Tahru and Heradite like this.
  7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

First off, welcome back and congrats up upgrading your tiers!

Email support@portalarium.com and they might be able to help you out with your current in-game issue. Feel free to friend me in game and I can try to help you get started. The first few levels in the game are the hardest, especially now with encumbrance.

/friend Erik O'Connor

Thankfully this is just testing, but the current plan is not wipe as much moving forward unless they need to, so we may be a few months between wipes. It would suck to not have your lot deed. That being said, most of the game's content isn't there yet (including most of the towns) so there aren't enough Town-sized lots right now.

Also, if you could, please send me a PM with information on your Player Owned Town so I can add it to my list. And Saturday the 7th, we're hosting an in game event to help people unlock their Grand Tour Quest reward hat.

Tahru, smack and Vyse Arcadia like this.
  8. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

I am lord status also, PM me and I can share with you for this release.

Tahru, smack and Budner like this.
  9. enderandrew

The latest patch notes address this somewhat that if you delete your character, it warns you about loss of pledge items.

Tahru and smack like this.
  10. Vyse Arcadia

Vyse Arcadia Avatar

I had no clue that was you! You were the first person I added on my friends list way back. I see your posts all the time but never put 2 and 2 together. Too funny.

Tahru, Spoon and enderandrew like this.
  11. enderandrew

It is confusing that my in game name isn't my forum name. But I've been using EnderAndrew online since the BBS days. Oddly enough, even though the name is a reference to a popular book, I'm the only EnderAndrew on the internet. Everyone else is just Ender or Ender Wiggin. I have a unique name and so I continue to use it everywhere.

But I want something lore/RP appropriate for an in game name, hence Erik O'Connor. I just added it to my signature so everyone can figure out who I am.

Tahru likes this.
  12. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

I really appreciate the well wished and offers of help, that speaks volumes about SotA community! I have an email into support and we'll see what happens. I know this much- this evening I'm spending some quality reading time! I won't let this happen again, and I hope that someone reads this and it prevents the same from happening to them. Since it is pre alpha, it's not the end of the world-just a real good bummer and not the way I envisioned my glorious return! I will definitely pm about POT once we get things fleshed out a touch. Thanks again for the support Avatars, it does make a bad feeling better!

Tahru, smack and Vaentorian like this.
  13. enderandrew

I've also offered my services as a writer to PoT owners to help them with lore, in game books, and eventually dialogue for NPCs.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pot-writing-service.18570

Tahru and Efilnikufesin like this.
  14. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

i haven't dealt with their CS yet, but if they are as understaffed / overworked as I hear, don't expect a timely reply. it might take some time.

Tahru likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

how about a warning sign that comes up saying ...................................

****WARNING YOUR PLEDGE ITEMS WILL BE LOST IF YOU DO NOT PLACE THEM IN THE BANK BEFORE DELETING THIS CHARACTER***

And welcome back, so sorry that happened to you Efilnkufesin. I hope there will be something they can fix for you. Reading is good tho lol or
    was it a logo *reading is FUNdamental*;)

Tahru, Sofiamia and Efilnikufesin like this.
  16. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

Impressive writings! I will definitely keep that in mind. The Mrs. wants to get into some of the lore as well and I'm sure she will appreciate this.

Tahru and enderandrew like this.
  17. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

Great to be back Majoria! Yes, reading is so important along with comprehension! I remember that logo well and use it quite often myself-the irony of life I guess. I just failed to do any readying-was so excited I just jumped right into the deep end. Bumped my head a bit, but that's not going to stop me-stuff happens and lessons are learned. Have no one to blame but meself.

Tahru likes this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL I wasn't judging you, mostly just joking. You are fine. :)
    I have been guilty of not reading myself or skimming and
    missing the point. LOL hate when that happens:cool:

Tahru likes this.
  19. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

O, I didn't mean anything snarky-I knew you were making a great point and joking. You've always been very nice and helpful-at least to me anyhow. It's all good-hard to get the proper context sometimes in a post. I meant nothing at all-was agreeing with you 100%. Sorry if I came across crosso_O, was not my intention at all.

Tahru and majoria70 like this.
  20. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

This is exactly the kind of thing I had mentioned in another thread about evictions. If a player/account places an item in a house, or in a bank, or in any one of their characters properties, once that place is gone or the person gets evicted, all their property that they placed in the house would go with them.

I think that pledge items should be account bound in-game, I agree. Most specifically deeds, for all of us who are a bit clumsy at times. I know I've messed up a few times. There is a bug that is especially nasty in regards to the Reset button through the skill trainer, prevents the player from using the skills that were reset and the only current solution is to delete the character and start over (this release). At least it 'was' a bug, if it isn't now.

At any rate, friend me in-game and we'll meet up, i'll help you get a lot for your town size house. In the update it says 5 new towns? I think there might just be some new land up for grabs. [/w Davenrock, message]

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.