The wedding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roper Docholiday, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I will lead this post off with my vows that were spoken at the wedding. i want to thank each and everyone that showed up at this wedding it made the day incredible special. Please everyone post their experiences or pictures on this thread from the wedding

Keira,
    I never realized how mt my life was until i met you. I thought i was happy and i was. When i met you and found out that all my dreams and plans were alive in you i realized in that moment i had stopped living my life. Given up on my dreams.

You opened my eyes you opened my heart. you sparked my dreams back to life and opened my imagination to would could be. when you gave yourself to me the other night. I realized my dreams are alive and well. by trusting me with your gift i realized that together we can accomplish all of what we have dreamed of. regardless if our grand plans work out or not. sitting in that chair with you every night talking with you drinking milk asking how was your day holding you close is more than i would have dreamed of an accomplished before you and if i died before our ranch was built and all i had was that chair, a blanket and a cup of coffee. i would still feel that i had everything. Kim you are my everything...

the happiest day of my life is not and was not the day i met you. it has been each and every day after. each day you are with me fulfills every emotional , physical and mental desire i have ever had. i pledge you my life for in truth you are the one that breathed life back into my heart and soul. where i may hold you in my hands, lead this family and protect it. you keira hold my heart and soul. no you are my hear and soul. you Kim are the part of me that has been lost. without you Keira i am lost. i love you

2. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Alright here was mine.

From the moment we met a part of me knew You were the one i wished to travel these lands with. It wasn't something i was looking for,
    In fact, it wasn't even something i was sure i wanted, but with each passing day i seen more and more how perfect You are for me.
    You make me feel so many things and if i was to list them all i fear we would be here for a week. so i will simply say:

i have given to You my heart, it belongs to You
    it is the tie that binds us, No matter what we do
    i have given to You my mind, it now is yours to keep
    i sense you with me always, the feelings are so deep
    i have given to You my body, it now is yours to take
    Please use it at Your will, all others i forsake.
    i have given to You my soul, the essence that is me
    there is no turning back, for You have set me free.
    To serve You is my only wish, To please You is my need
    Whatever path You choose, i will follow if You lead.
    My heart, my mind, my body, my soul, i give these things to You
    Please care for me and keep me safe, Please love me as You do.

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It was a wonderful 5 star celebration with the help of so many people. The maze concept was really awesome too. I wish you two a thousand years of happiness! Thanks for asking me to be the best man.

4. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

thanks for being my best man it was an amazing event. it will take me days to say thank you to everyone that helped put this together

Gaelis, Themo Lock, Asclepius and 4 others like this.
  5. aaronvf

aaronvf Avatar

Gald it was a great day! May everyday be even more wonderful for you two!

Gaelis, Tahru, Themo Lock and 6 others like this.
  6. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Congrats and really well done! This is truly a creative and mature community. Glad to have been able to attend this truly historical occasion.

7. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

If Keira and Roper would like the ceremony of their wedding posted. I would be happy to share that with everyone. It was my honor and priviledge to not only write the ceremony but also be permitted to be the first person to perform it. Will be forever a memory for all those that were in the attendance at the very first wedding ceremony in New Britannia..

Congrats to two people who have come to mean a lot to me ~hugs Roper and Keira~

8. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Hehehe Yes Amber you might as well post the full ceremony... Not sure why were posting it all but Roper wished us to do so. And it is a official now as well I have changed name IG *wonders if I need a new Sig now as well.......*

9. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Avatars and Avatarded. I present to you, the full wedding ceremony of Mr and Mrs DocHoliday!
    Please note that this ceremony was created by myself and gifted to Keira and Roper - any reuse is all up to them ;)

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------
    Prelude / Processional - Keira and Roper shall go through the maze leading to the podium. During this time play songs from their playlist on the radio - (need a playlist from them!)

Amber Raine performs a cleansing ritual while the bride and groom are making their way to her.

Holy and Sacred
    This offering is made
    Cleansing this space
    and banishing all that is unwelcome here
    ~sprinkles from left to right~

Holy and sacred
    This offering is made
    Blessing this space
    And declaring it a time and a place set aside
    ~sprinkles from right to left~

I call upon our guardians of air, of fire, of water and of earth
    We particularly call upon our guardian of Water and Fire to stand by us
    to understand the true intent of the binding we are about to work
    To the good of all, and it harm none
    ~holds hands together, closing eyes briefly in a silent whispered prayer, reopens eyes and separates hands~

Chislev who is always first and last, we invite you to join us
    ~hold hands invitingly out in front of self~

Lady we ask your presence, we know you understand the power of love, we know you understand the power of fire and of water, of what we need to hold onto, to devour, to hold close
    ~hold hands invitingly out in front of self~

We call upon you, Father, sun god, you who know well the power of flame and the turning of the seasons, and in the blessing of our existence from day to day from sun to sun
    ~bows head respectfully for a moment to the unseen presence of the Father~

We gather our gods, we gather our guardians
    we declare this a place of magickal workings
    our intent to be made true.

so mote it be.

----------------------------------------------
    Opening Remarks

Amber
    We have come together here in celebration of the joining together of (Keira OFaolain )and (Roper DocHoliday). Others would ask, at this time, who gives the bride in marriage, but, I ask simply if she comes of her own will and if she has her family's blessing. (Keira), is it true that you come of your own free will and accord?

Keira
    Yes, it is true. Because to the depths of me, I long to love one person, with all my heart, my soul, my mind, my body . Because I need a forever friend to trust with the intimacies of me, who won't hold them against me, who loves me when I'm unlikable, who sees the small child in me, and looks for the divine potential of me. Because I need to confront the warmth of the night with someone who is thankful, with someone I feel blessed to hold. knowing this, I promise to take full responsibility for my spiritual, mental and physical wholeness, I take half of the responsibility for my marriage and together we shall create our marriage. Because with this understanding the possibilities are limitless.

Amber
    With whom do you come and whose blessings accompany you.

Torniquet
    She comes with her brother and is accompanied by all of her family and guilds blessings.

-------------------------------------------
    Handfasting

Amber
    Please join hands. As your hands are joined, so are your lives.
    Holding each other, Caressing each other, Supporting each other, Loving each other. (Amber ties the ribbon around Keira and Ropers hands).

Roper (repeating after Amber): I, (Roper), promise you, (Keira), that I will be your husband, From this day forward, To love and respect you, To support and to hold you, To make you laugh And to be there when you cry, To softly kiss you when you are hurting, And to be your companion and your friend, On this journey that we will now make together.

Keira: (same thing, names switched)

Announces to those gathered that we are now bound to each other. (unties the ribbon)

Know now before you go further, that since your lives have crossed in this life you have formed ties between each other. As you seek to enter this state of matrimony you should strive to make real, the ideals which give meaning to both this ceremony and the institution of marriage. With full awareness, know that within this circle you are not only declaring your intent to be handfasted before your friends and family, but you speak that intent also to your creative higher powers.

The promises made today and the ties that are bound here greatly strengthen your union; they will cross the years and lives of each soul's growth. Do you still seek to enter this ceremony?

Roper and Keira: Yes, We Seek to Enter.

Amber
    In times past it was believed that the human soul shared characteristics with all things divine. It is this belief which assigned virtues to the cardinal directions; East, South, West and North. It is in this tradition that a blessing is offered in support of this ceremony.

Blessed be this union with the gifts of the East. Communication of the heart, mind, and body Fresh beginnings with the rising of each Sun. The knowledge of the growth found in the sharing of silences.

Blessed be this union with the gifts of the South. Warmth of hearth and home The heat of the heart's passion The light created by both To lighten the darkest of times.

Blessed be this union with the gifts of the West. The deep commitments of the lake The swift excitement of the river The refreshing cleansing of the rain The all encompassing passion of the sea.

Blessed be this union with the gifts of the North Firm foundation on which to build Fertility of the fields to enrich your lives A stable home to which you may always return.

Each of these blessings from the four cardinal directions emphasizes those things which will help you build a happy and successful union. Yet they are only tools. Tools which you must use together in order to create what you seek in this union. I bid you look into each others eyes.

Amber: [Roper], Will you cause her pain?

Roper: I May

Amber: Is that you intent?

Roper: No

Amber: [Keira], Will you cause him pain?

Keira: i may

Amber: Is that you intent?

Keira: No

Amber: [Roper and Keira] Will you share each other's pain and seek to ease it?

Roper and Keira: Yes

Amber: And so the binding is made. Join your hands *First cord is draped across the bride and grooms hands*

Amber: [Keira], Will you share his laughter?

Keira:Yes

Amber: [Roper], Will you share her laughter?

Groom: Yes

Officiant: *Roper and Keira* Will both of you look for the brightness in life and the positive in each other?

Roper and Keira: Yes

Amber: And so the binding is made. *Second chord is draped across the couples hands*

Amber: [Keira], Will you burden him?

Bride: I may

Amber:Is that your intent?

Bride: No

Officiant:[Roper], Will you burden her?

Roper: I may

Amber:Is that your intent?

Roper: No

Amber: Will you share the burdens of each so that your spirits may grow in this union?

Keira and Roper: Yes

Amber:And so the binding is made. *Drape third chord across the couples hands*

Amber: [Keira], will you share his dreams?

Keira: Yes

Amber:[Roper], will you share her dreams?

Roper: Yes

Amber:*Keira and Roper* Will you dream together to create new realities and hopes?

Keira and Roper: Yes

Amber:And so the binding is made. *Drape fourth chord across the couples hands*

Amber: [Roper], will you cause her anger?

Groom: I may

Amber: Is that your intent?

Groom: No

Amber: [Keira], will you cause him anger?

Keira: i may

Amber: Is that your intent?

Keira: No

Amber: *Keira and Roper* Will you take the heat of anger and use it to temper the strength of this union?

Keira and Roper: We Will

Amber: And so the binding is made. *Drape fifth chord across the couples hands*

Amber: [Roper], will you accept all it means to be Keira’s Lord?

Roper: yes

Amber: [Roper], Will you protect keira with your own life?

Roper: Yes, i will protect keira with mine own life

Amber: [Keira] do you accept Ropers protection of his life, giving to him all it means for him to be your Lord?

Keira: yes, i accept Ropers protection as my lord with his own life.

Amber: *Keira and Roper* Will you seek to never give cause to break that honor?

Keira and Roper: We shall not do so

Amber: And so the binding is made. *Drape sixth chord across the couples hands*

*Tie chords together while saying:* The knots of this binding are not formed by these chords but instead by your vows. Either of you may drop the chords, for as always, you hold in your own hands the making or breaking of this union. *Once chords are tied together they are removed and placed on altar*

Reading

: Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be a shelter to the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there is no loneliness for you, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two bodies, but there is only one life before you. May your days be good and long upon the earth!

Amber: Now that you have binded your lives as one, may you strive always to meet this commitment with the same spirit you now exhibit. We all bear witness to this ceremony you have just performed. May the Goddess Blessings be upon it.

(( - Exchange of Rings - ))

Amber: The Groom and bride have written words they would like to share between themselves and all of us as witnesses upon their union.

Roper Reads His vows:
    ~place ring on Keiras hand~

Keira Reads Her Vows:
    ~place ring on Ropers hand~

Amber: (Keira and Roper), as these circles are designed without an ending, they speak of eternity. May the incorruptible substance of these rings represent a love glowing with increasing lustre through the years. Bless these rings which you give to each other as the sign of your love, trust, and faithfulness.

Roper (repeating after Amber): Take this ring as a sign of my love, and as a symbol of all that we share, in token and pledge, of my constant faith and abiding love.

Keira: (same thing, switched)

Amber: Now that you have joined yourselves in matrimony, may you strive always to meet this commitment with the same spirit you now exhibit. We all bear witness to this which you have just performed, you may now call yourselves by those names of old and respected times, husband and wife. Lord and Lady, Gods and Guardians Bless this union. You may kiss the bride.

10. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Congratulations to the both of you. I was at work or I would have been there to witness the wonderful occasion. :) I was able to listen to some of the music that was played and even that made me all misty eyed.
    Wishing you many years of happiness and adventure, may you never stop nurturing the love you found in each other.

All the best

11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you for sharing your hearts and souls with us. Isn't romance and love just amazing. **toasts to your everlasting love**:)

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

14. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

WHAT THE F***! :eek:

You cannot make me cry like this.

It's unfair! It's so damn unfair! Isn't even a finished game and you made me weep like a founain. I HATE YOU ALL! :mad:

Infinite joy and pleasures to the newly wed. May every day of your life be the best day of your life from now on.

15. Barnabas Znick

Barnabas Znick Avatar

I think it's all kind of odd. Oh well. (nothing personal)

16. Sole

Sole Avatar

17. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

Yes... i had hoped some one had taked photos of that... best guarded secret of the wedding. cause like in game of thrones what is a wedding without some blood shed.

the only embarrassing point was my job was to kill the skeleton and for the likes of me i couldn't target it. so i stood their getting the crap beat out of me trying to land hits on it.

i could target the original spell caster but not the skeleton.

thank you all for showing up it was really a great time. i still have some of the commemorative pie for the wedding so if you didn't get a pie before you left please let us know and we will get u one in game. ill try to post a picture of it later today if i can get it.

18. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Hmm, looks fun, congrats to both. Only one question, will you have to "do over" after the next wipe?

19. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I don't think so lol... she already deleted her avatar and created one with her new last name. yes it still gives me goose bumps seeing her now with my last name lol. I was approached about doing it when the game actually goes live. I replied with" i am already married i did not marry for fame or fortune i married for love. let someone else have their moment in the spotlight." and when that day comes when their is a wedding in release 1 i hope i am their to cheer said person on. or maybe i can play the villain that looked fun:) anyways the wedding was a blast i hope y'all had a great time there

20. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.