Overworld Map PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Doomgate, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Hi everyone, so I have been stumbling around the forums for a while now to try and find the solution to "PVPing on the overwold map".

Basically I want to know in future patches or at game release, if I stumble across another PVP flagged player in the Overworld Map can I drag them in to a zone and in to Combat with me (I know you can't yet in R16) or will I have to wait for him to go in to a zone at his own accord to engage him.

Another one is, I find a Flagged player in a Zone (say the "Restless woods") and I engage him or he me the fight goes bad for one party they make a run for the door will they just beadle to walk out? (as of R16 I know they can) and once there (going back to the first question) will they just beadle to stand there or walk away with you powerless to do anything about it?

For my 2 cents worth of thought, If I see a PVP flagged player in the world map and I some how catch up to him or he Me one of us should beadle to drag the other in to a Arena Seance with the doors locked for the first 2 mins. and I feel it should pull all PVP flagged players in with them so that Party members/guild members come in at the same time and some random that just walked past at the wrong time. (The 2 min door lock should not apply to players dragged in that are not in a Party/Guild with any one from ether side that started or was forced in to the area. Also PVE players should not be dragged in under any conditions but can join at risk of being flagged them self (door lock will apply to them))

lock the gate while engage in PVP action or was engage in PVP conflict less than a min or 2 ago, a short timer not enough for the guy to call for his Friends a million miles away but just long enough so that the player chasing has a reasonable chance at stopping the escape attempt.

As this is a PVP topic and the game is big on mutuality we could do the same in a PVE environment where if your in big trouble you can't just run for the exit as you have your PVE flag on and have to face the beast to attacked. (I'm Seeing the PVE side implemented more in a Dungeon environment I can already see the pain it will cause if you had plans of leaving a scene and just at the gate a archer hits you or something)

Xail, Moonshadow, Themo Lock and 4 others like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Uh no you shouldn't be able to "Drag" them anywhere. What if they have been out gathering and are heading home after collecting their wares, sorry. I understand the wish to be able to attack them but "Dragging" them into a Locked area , Nope.

As for ability to escape, yeah this is an issue that might need to be addressed, but first thing that needs to be fixed is that there WILL be players that are going to enter an area and Stand behind where player enter and Attack them before they are even seen or in some cases even prob kill them before they player finishes loading. I know I have been in chat with a player standing in front of me and he says he is still at 60%. Sad but there are players out there who WILL abuse that tactic :-(

Mata likes this.
  3. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Well my under standing of the Ransom system means that wares they gathered should still be in primitive form thus not being valuable enough to be taken from them by the system rather something else would be taken, and in all honesty you don't generally get to tell the mugger on the street that he cant mug you now because you are tanking money to the bank, Also the player on there own will and freedom flagged them self's as PVP. I'm not trying to bring the innocent PVE miner in to this.

As for the Entering an Area System the best i can think of is going in to a EVE Online version by ether give the player Immunity under the conditions they don't move and/or do anything else (Exception of looking around to see if some ones camping the entrance) or a Vanish spell placed on you that can't be taken off by reveal or AOE effects to give you time to think and react to what your gonna do, ether way you wont be in the loading screen when you get attacked.

Thanx for the Reply though :p

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah didn't think about once they are out that only perhaps one items is fair game, and if Eve has that then perhaps it could work as you cannot just hijack and kill them until they are able to fight back, but being able to run away is still viable, using your example, if you are a mugger, and I am faster good luck trying to take something from me :)

Themo Lock and Mata like this.
  5. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

LOL Excellent! I fully agree with you :p if a guy tried mugging Usain bolt with a knife and Usain start running muggers gonna have to move on, as for in game same can me said for a Air mage with Dash or Blink if he gets away though luck for you :p

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to shrouds and you don't have to drag them anywhere, if you are both flagged you can fight anywhere. Also if you right click players, there are options, dueling is one of them.;)

Mata likes this.
  7. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Thank you :p really enjoying it so far!

I Can't fight a guy while standing on the Overworld Map at the moment so a PVP Flagged player can't do anything to a PVP Flagged player while standing on the Overworld Map. Well we can stand there looking at each other but wont be calling that PVP any time soon :p

Yes we can Fight in Scenes and Duel any where we like my post is just more or less asking about PVP in the Overworld Map else they could just stand on there when they want to hide kinda thing

Mata likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL you are funny, haha. Well you can't even give each other fun emote looks on the map. I think we may be getting an angry emote pretty soon;) not that pvp always equals anger by any means.:)

Mata likes this.
  9. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Doomgate!

10. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Thanks you :p Nice being here :p

Mata likes this.
  11. Grogoth83

Grogoth83 Avatar

Welcome Doomgate! I do agree with your point of view :) .And kidnapping/dragging people will kick arse :D !

12. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Lol thank you :) I don't know where the kidnapping came in but I guess dragging was the wrong word to use lol.

As long as we can have some combat system why on the world map to chase down other pvper,s we can use town as safe zone, but I just feel for the pvpers it would mean more if ur not safe any where but a town rather than just sitting in the world map every time you see someone else.

I mean I belive people will use the world map is a safe zone if there being chased or dieing just get out of the of the scene and they will be safe. This way I feel people will prefer to stand and fight in scene rather than fleeing to the world map where they risk being pulled in to an arena of some kind and it give us the chance to chase a player on the world map not just have to wait for them to arrive in a scene be for we can think of doing something else.

Sorry for all the long post btw but thank for reading :)

Moonshadow likes this.
  13. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Man, it would be really cool for PVPers to be like a random encounters for one another on the overland map. Maybe allow for a hex to be "trapped" and if another PVP player wanders in (skill check?) they get pulled into the scene. Of course, I wonder if loading times would lead to this being more of a ganking or zone camping situation (i.e. first one in mops up the other), but it is a really cool idea nonetheless.

Crazy Phil and Moonshadow like this.
  14. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

You can use the vanished system or invunrablety to give people time to load, also spawning area can be random with in the scene because let's be honest we didn't just walk through a door to get there we are being ambushed in the middle of no where our place meant can be any where on the scene.

Moonshadow likes this.
  15. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Well, an invisibility or invulnerability system would be like a staging system for a match or duel. I guess that could work, but I like things more organic for RP purposes. Besides you might want your buddies following behind to come look for you, or the rest of your raid party to catch up.

Randomizing the load location on the map could work, but from my experience most "encounters" put the enemy between you and the exit. Otherwise, one party could just re-exit the scene to get away. Not that I am opposed to be people getting away, but no sense loading a scene just for someone to immediate run to the exit.

I am sure there is a way to do this, but not sure its something that could be engineered for RE1. It would be a neat thing though. I know the Devs talked about areas which could be "contested" forcing PVP, but not sure we have gotten details on that for a while. Seems like this concept could be something expanded from that feature, but be more focused on just PVP flagged individuals.

16. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Yes if your in a group you would prefer ur group spawning with you rather than later. So I'd suggest the system takes the player and the target find a all party/raid members with in set area around the player and target and pulls them in to the arena as well.

Been think of away of making it fit in with the RP best I have atm is target and target's allies spawn around a bend in the road say 20 to 30 sec from the exit the player that engaged and his allies (if eather side has any) spawn by the door. We could also add a lock (magical purple filed for instsnce)to the gate increasing say 30 sec per opponent the player has pulled in with him and his allies.

So Im hoping the distance between the opponent and the exit would be large enough for every one to spawn and/or the lock will prevent people just gunning it for the gate.

(Yes I'm jut throwing out ideas maybe some where we might get a solid one pop up :pl )

Edit: please keep going the more holes we can pick the more we can work on fixes maybe we can give the devs a fully working idea in the end!

17. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

I was also thinking of after the fight so group a Wins the fight and bout groups leave now to prevent group B from just engaging Group A (or vis versa) Right s the land on the map again the system prevents all players that where involved in the fight from Engaging any of the other players that was involved for 5 Min, Entering a Scene or Town for longer than say one Min removes this Timer form your self only. However if some how any of the players manages to escape from the area they don't get the timer so that the other guy has a chance of perusing him (this will apply only to players that escape if you and a buddy get dragged in and he escapes but you die you will have the 5 Min protection he wont)

18. Robby

Robby Avatar

I love the idea of having PvP encounters on the map. Im thinking it'd be cool if you were floating around in the ocean and if your flagged for PvP if some other ship fired a cannonball at your ship or something you'd enter a ship war scene. Or if maybe you are silly enough to step onto a hex with burning buildings and animations of catapults being launched, people using battering rams on castle doors, you could potentially end up injured, wether your on either one side of the battle or not. Or maybe your just sticking around waiting for the war to settle down so you can scavenge the dead for some chump change.
    I think that it'd be cool even to have monsters or something come out of a hex and bump into you then start some scene where you would have to either fight or run away. But for the most part the overland map should be pretty much safe.. Like maybe 98% of the time... Depending on where your at in the world. I think it'd be cool to travel to a site that looks all scary, maybe there's a broken down haunted house and you stand there for a bit examining it. You decide its much to scary to enter, but then a ghost pops out of the scene to come after you! =O So now you got to run anyway!
    Camping out on the overland map is bad! I mean its out in the open world, you shouldnt be 100% safe there wether your PvE or PvP. You just wont get attacked by players on the overland map or dragged into pvp scenes. But dragons floating around on it could get ya. >=-P

Moonshadow likes this.
  19. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Sure Dragons engagement is still viable but from a PVP perspective the Overworld map is a big "NA NA you cant touch me!" area where PVPers that are losing fight will be running off to (I my self have used it to get out of losing fights). IDK i have a Heavy hardcore PVP background so maybe I'm just looking in to it to hard maybe the casual every now and then pvpers like it as is, I dont feel Safety should be a thing if you sign your self up for PVP. Yes Capital City's can have guards that own the hell out of you if you try pvping in them, but other than that id feel locking the door of your own house would be the only place you can feel safe.

But again i have a heavy hardcore PVP background i haven't played a game MMO game in a long time where i can just sit some where and not have to worried about being killed :p

for any one interested games consist of: EvE Online, Mortal Online , DayZ (I wouldn't advice this one)
    (yes list isn't long but been plaing EvE since I was 8 :p)

20. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I too like the idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.