O.K. All, I need your help with my character :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siren, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siren

Siren Avatar

Character creation is extremely important to me. From the perspective of a former 3D modeler-turned-hobbyist, I love to create new people and personas for the games that I play :D

So here's my dilemma...

While I would like to make an in-game character that at least somewhat looks like the character I've designed for my SotA forum avatar:

[​IMG]

Just about every attempt I make at a SotA female character ends up looking like

[​IMG]

So I'm appealing to all you awesome people out there to help teach me the mysteries of the character creator :)

Post your creations and tell us how you made them!

2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

From what I understand, we need to be grateful we can even look like the above. The first pic may eventually come about but for the moment, we roll as we go.:D

Naw, just kidding. I don't think it looks so bad - still could use a bit more umph but much better every tweek.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sota females
    As someone who has in the past rallied for the improvements you now see in the game, I would say character customization is not done or feature complete at this time. I would refer you to Qballs comments on my old thread as above. Believe me I understand, I fought long and hard for improvements and I still believe more are coming. Not sure if you will get to look exactly like your picture, but I do know that better hair and more hairstyles will come in, and as they always say until we say it is feature complete, it is not. :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Siren

Siren Avatar

I think there may be a leeeetle misunderstanding with the intent of my post. I don't think anybody believes that what we have currently will be the final product ... myself included. I was (trying to be) very careful about phrasing - making sure that this was not phrased as a complaint post , but because I am genuinely curious to know how people make their characters. I tried to take a humorous approach. I've seen some good in-game characters and was hoping someone might share how they did it. That's all :) Perhaps I should have been more direct.

5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Hmm, well then, it would depend on what you thinks looks good? Maybe take a pic of what you normally end up with and we could start from there?:D

6. Siren

Siren Avatar

The big idea of my post was:

"So I'm appealing to all you awesome people out there to help teach me the mysteries of the character creator :)
    Post your creations and tell us how you made them!"

This was really just about trying to get the community to share their character creations, not about me wanting something in my particular way. I appreciate the responses, but perhaps I didn't articulate this well. Sorry all.

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I like the idea of sharing the creations, and I would share mine if I had created anything. I actually just went with the default face and only changed the hairdo and colors.

Back in R13 I saw a female avatar in Owl's Head whose face was all distorted and who looked like an old crone. I thought it was cool, but it looked strange without an old bent over body to match. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.