Pointless PVP before & after official release

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by -Blood-, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Blood-

-Blood- Avatar

I have been playing this game now for a several months. I am here for the pvp but to be honest I see a black future in PvP. I do not even bother playing multiplayer, I like this game better as single player atm. Hopefully the lore will keep me intrested in the launch. But going back to the topic at hand. PVP is pointless and ******** and haves no incentive from the developers and more importantly the community.

When everyone is standing around as friends it makes the whole pvp thing pointless and should be removed from the game. "hey guys lets go pvp so we can stand around and duel all day in Owl's Head!"

I am disgusted and to see there is not even a friendly fued at the least between 2 guilds. What fun is a game that has pvp but does not utilize it? I am sorry but pvp will not be this games strongest feature.

Not even the looting aspect will help, because the majority of the players will be busy chatting and jumping and dueling. Right now we have an opportunity to see some great player vs player action...2 player owned towns
    these owners of the town should create some lore and make it a fun and exciting moment of shroud.
    make pvp thrilling

PVP will only be as good as its community. I would hate to see another world of warcraft pvp system, Not that it was bad but I didnt leave one game to play the same game with a different look.

Shame on the top pk'ers on the server not putting something together

Owners of the player owned towns lets set up some good RP and make shroud more appealing to a pvp community but at the same time create a respectable fun. I spoke with this guy ingame named Sleazy Persian. He had some great ideas. He himself went non pvp because he felt that there was no true excitement to it, so instead he helped me get to level 40 and did questing with me.

I had double xp from prior xp so hittin 1-40 with him at vertas was easy :)

But in the end...ITS UP TO US to make this game more interesting. some politics with RP for pvp.

I am going to find Sleazy ingame so he can post his ideas and thoughts he discussed with me. and I would like to hear everyones input please.

2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Pretty sure Duke Violation's POT, Vengeance,
    is PVP. That's 50% of all POT in game. So not bad start..

3. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I think once the combat system is better you'll see more people PVP. But I don't know, do people really need incentives to PVP? Isn't PVP supposed to be fun?

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

5. Sleazy Persian

Sleazy Persian Avatar

Whats up brother, I am glad you posted this thread like you said you would. Let me state that we are in alpha and progress will be made, but you are right it is up to us as a community to make this game more interesting even though its in an alpha stage.

We have 2 player owned towns. the owners of the town should really have a meeting if they are interested and be like 2 kings at war with one another. Create some sort of story line and the players on each side fight for the honor of the kingdom.
    Of course if they are not willing to be a part of it, then we could have a regular town be owned by a pvp guild. town raids. location wars, etc etc.

I nominate Parallel, Bux, and Turin to be the leader of one side or the other
    Example: Parallel vs Bux and then the pker's join under one side or the other and its no holds bars.

Yes i did go back to non pvp because, I liked the thrill of getting attacked in town.

2 or 3 guilds pking one another, keep it friendly, competitive and friendly at same time. set some guidelines like no griefing in pk tourneys or ingame events, but I should be able to attack some players in OH without getting told hey we are all sort of friends. I truly believe i should attack anyone not in my guild. that is why I pvp, I am not the best and I know it but I PK knowing that I can lose a fight or flee....whatever.

Ive seen BMC has some pker's . But lets start getting some politics in the game, lets keep us on our toes when we are in towns and bring a little more competitive aspect to the PVP scene, or else why even bother fixing deck systems or anything...pvp wise
    As for lore, exploration and casual gaming and chatting the game will be superb. I have to concur with factor pvp is pointless even if there is looting because the community does not really have it in them to have a guild rivals, my leader said it himself we all are friends.

Especially that there is no looting we need some incentive ya? I think this would be a start.

I would like to also start hosting some sort of dungeon and dragon style questing which would take like 3-4 hours of time with a story line and a boss fight where we would fight a certain Monster (player) untill the devs introduce this later just so our new players and old players have more to do then

-craft
    -level up
    -buy housing
    -duel

Lets all put our heads together, Factor it is up to us and I would like to go back to pvp.

I am re subbing my world of warcraft account for my pvp fix atleast there you dont talk to opposing side and more pvp stuff to do.

I will edit and post more later, being I am at work and have to pack up and go home now. good day everyone.

blaquerogue and Moonshadow like this.
  6. Wizardess

Wizardess Avatar

Anyone who knows me knows Im a friendly pve'er but a fierce, fierce fighter.

Yet after a nearly 20 year pk career I have yet to go pk despite myself because honestly pk in sota doesnt have any teeth.

Until a serious death penalty (work off the penalty and not just wait out a timer) and until I have a chance to loot your 0.o armor and weapons (you wouldnt dare wear such trinkets in pk if there was a chance to lose your +100 to uberness gear) i wint bother playing the villain.

Every hero needs an anti-hero because thats how you have a dynamic player driven storyline.

7. Nuitari

Nuitari Avatar

I am starting a villainous

I am starting a villainous (rp) but respctful and honourable guild to add to the community as we arent gankers or griefers.

However everyone who isnt a <Blood> is KoS.

We will be friendly and thoutful players but we choose to play the yang to your yin.

Wizardess makes a valid point about hero and anti hero. She is the nicest player but she was ruthless in duels and <Owl> is lucky to have her (you're always welcome in <Blood> Wizzy.)

We need more villains as the server has UMPTEEN heroes (Themo Lock, Bux, Parallel, Envy to name a select few I would love to have their skills in battle).

I roleplay as the Lord of Chaos so there will be oder to the chaos we bring. And to everyone who isnt a <Blood> I say this:

You are all officially on notice. If you are not one of us you are considered prey. We do not allow disrespect but if you are a pk chatting and jumping in Owl's Head or hunting in Vertas...we will find you, we will kill you and, Lord British willing, we will loot you. Be on your guard for there are older and fouler things than carebears in the dark places of New Brittania.

The die is cast.

For those interested in joining please send me a private message here (please dont spam me ingame as I dont always respond whwn Im hunting. Please use our words in the subject.

Our words are: Veni Vidi Vici

8. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

honorable villians? I look forward to finding and pking you. and thanks for the info on locations you frequent :p

9. Sleazy Persian

Sleazy Persian Avatar

Woot good luck nuitari its about time we have some villians in the game, as long as you are not another Jacob Cannon.

Hell if I see bad odds I will be glad to lend a hand. But i regret to say I will be playing RUST now that I just got a bad ass PC setup. PM me and I might come back before Launch

Farewell SOTA for now it was fun I will be back when we have a more balanced pvp community. Wizzy get on RUST msg me ill gift you an account me and my old guild gonna start back up again.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  10. Nuitari

Nuitari Avatar

That's the spirit ol' chap. I look forward to the relentless hunt. I even hope they put a bounty on our heads. We are at our best when you Order of Heroes folk are hunting us. For now we are but a select few... for now. So enjoy yourselves (hunting us) while you can. But when people see the raw power of the darkside they will turn.

You may expect us, but you will not stop us. And yes you are right I do frequent thise places... though never alone. We are the children of darkess. A shadow. The whispers you fear in the night. The chill in the darkness.

11. Nuitari

Nuitari Avatar

Thank you for your offer Sleazy. It is sad that you are leaving but I do understand your pain. So far it does seem that their are several anti pk guilds with large numbers. If you ever find yourself back we could benefit from another villain.

12. Xail

Xail Avatar

There can be how many anti-PK guilds you want....game mechanics and incentive system does not allow PK to exist at all...so I suggest to anti PK guilds to go on holiday or find another meaning to their in game "mission"...

Abydos and Wizardess like this.
  13. Xail

Xail Avatar

The people that you call PK....are not PK...are just the people among the ones that do consensual PVP that are more aggressive...in other the words the best consensual PVPers in terms of activity...

14. Xail

Xail Avatar

Quote "I think once the combat system is better you'll see more people PVP. But I don't know, do people really need incentives to PVP? Isn't PVP supposed to be fun?" ......

Isn't PVE supposed to be fun....why loots? why levels?....why give more stats at crafted weapons and armour isn't just fun crafting?

Hello??!! Heraditade, this is planet earth calling...please come back...

Abydos, Wizardess and Moonshadow like this.
  15. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

word!

Abydos likes this.
  16. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

PvE Loots, levels, and better crafted items are paths of advancement. That's how you build your character. That is a huge part of an RPG.

17. Xail

Xail Avatar

I'm an assassin...how am I supposed to build my character? killing bears for suet?

Abydos and kbruder like this.
  18. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

The problem is something that has been ongoing for quite some time now. Two years into development we still don't know what the big meta ideas for PvP are for SotA. The type of big ideas from Portalarium that would cause conflict between, players, guilds, towns, nations and simply get a lot of PvPers excited. There is simply no answer to that. No selling point that a player who appreciates PvP could go out with a straight face and sell the game to his friends and guild who also appreciate PvP. That is a big problem, both for all the potential crowdfunding dollars that Portlarium is missing on a daily basis, and for those of us who pledged with the promise of "PvP with meaning" two years ago.

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

******** PvPers :p

:D

Abydos, Vendetta Beretta and Tarsin like this.
  20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Ive PKed players in SotA :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.