Rough fence gate doesn't fit

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Silvanus, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

The rough fence gate doesn't fit between the corner sections on the short side of a village lot. It would be nice if you made a second version that would. You already offer long and medium fence sections, so why not offer the same options for corners or gates?

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Worked for me.

Siriustar likes this.
  3. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

I'm willing to assume I'm a spaz and try again, but there was way too much overlap. Looking forward to tries 101 through 199 :(

4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just confirming if the village lot is the minimum size you need to accomodate a fence ?

5. Wizardess

Wizardess Avatar

I have a village lot and the fence doesnt fit perfectly. You need gap and or overlap...

...or Im just dumb idk.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You do have to work with them to get them to fit. I spent quite a while on mine. They are so neat looking and worth the effort.:)

7. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

Since I brought this up, I thought I'd share my observations with you.
    First, no matter what technique you try, getting these things lined up is a complete pain in your most sensitive body parts.
    That said, here are a few things you should know.
    Start with the corners. 'Till they're perfect, you pretty much SOL.
    Next thing to remember, keep something other than the fence part you're working on handy (a piece of furniture or a wooden chest work just fine) to bring up the property outline and check the fence's position. When you're using the Q and E key to rotate the fence section, hold down the Shift key to give you better control of the movements.
    One you get the fence parallel to one of the property lines, position yourself so when you're facing the fence you're perpendicular to the direction the fence has to be moved. Set you speed to walk (the "/" key) and walk it forward into position. Now position yourself to walk it onto the other property border.
    Click on that other item I suggested and see that the fence i properly aligned with the corner.
    Rinse and repeat on the other 3 corners.
    Setting a straight fence section or the gate follows a similar procedure.
    Good luck
    Sil

Sir Toe and Numa like this.
  8. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

I also found that if I zoomed in all the way I was able to place better.

9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

This should be easier with the next patch. There was a big issue with the corners in particular.

10. Duffy

Duffy Avatar

Good to know! :) Placing the fences is quite painful for me also. It'd be also nice to be able to overlap them much much more than it is now the case.

Edit: unless I am too clumsy with camera turning, is there a way to do this what I tried here? I wanted to get rid of the two end stones in juxtaposition with each other and only one appearing:

[​IMG]

Rufus D`Asperdi likes this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I know that this problem was last talked about in June. However, after just trying to put up a fence on a new property, I discovered that one of the large trees in the adjoining empty lot was the culprit. If you look at the pic in Duffy post, the large tree is just encroaching enough to prevent proper placement. I have not posted as a bug yet, but will wait till I get my final property before I go ballistic.

12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Rather than go ballistic, I think the Devs prefer if you walk up to the offending tree you have encountered and type /loc and copy/paste the location in the bug forum. If a tree is encroaching on your lot and preventing the fence placement then it is indeed a bug and should be reported in the bug forum.

13. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

@DarkStarr
    Back when i build the memorial graveyard i pointed out to LB that one of the "problems" with fences is that they are stangly sized.
    When you take a WALL as a messurment, and place it front of a medium and large fence, you see that the "wallsections" with out the pillars are not the same size.
    You guys kinda shiped around the problem with overlapping, but that was one of the problems allsow coused by the pillers wich (it seems that way) nobody realy tooked into account by designing the lengh. i can post picturs if that would help.

14. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I finally gave up and removed the gate and corners from the front of my village lot. They overlapped, and it was not possible to make the gate line up with the entrance of the house without removing the corner piece on one side altogether or having much too much overlap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.