Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cost of Trainning and Skill Reset

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Sir Niccoli, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. causepain

causepain Avatar

I don't believe they fixed all buged minions in last patch were minions worth around 300 gp with 45hp and minimal damage

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I understand the logic behind wanting skill training to be more meaningful from the cost standpoint, but putting them at this high a level at this point in time, without warning of the severity of the costs beforehand - is pretty much precluding the ability of 90% of the players from participating further.
    I hope a serious cost reduction is coming - forthwith.........

3. JDGamers

JDGamers Avatar

Where are they at? First I'm hearing about them.

4. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

Like Chris said...hindsight, doesn't change the fact that it is what it is at this point. I'm sure we will all adapt, though it clearly shouldn't have been implemented until all skills/trees were finalized as it will hinder developmental experimentation.
    This is what I'm most worried about sitting here at my desk at work. I took the time last night to screenshot my current skills so I could simply put them back to where they were (I'll leave chaos experimentation to the masses). Now I'm stressing that I even have enough money to retrain those skills. I'm hoping I do...

5. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

The cost of skills are way to high for alpha and testing.

I bought back a good amount of skills, with many still unused, logged out and will probably not log back in this release.

In the event that cost will be reduced, is there a way we can get our gold back?

6. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I'm in the exact same situation in terms of money :( Guess when I log in tonight, I will have to rummage through all of my chests to see if I can scrounge up some raw materials to sell, but I know that it won't even come close to covering the retraining costs to get me back to my current state at level 63 :oops:

Jivalax Azon and FrostII like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How on earth do you expect people to TEST skills during "Pre Alpha" with the current cost tiers.

Good grief, it's almost like you don't WANT us to experiment....

The current costs are seriously out of touch......

**EDIT**
    I'm going to assume that serious cost reduction is going to happen sooner rather than later, and want to suggest that we be given the ability to SELL BACK SKILLS that we no longer use.

Without the ability to SELL BACK, nobody is going to experiment with your skill trees - and isn't that what YOU WANT us to do?

Seriously people - this is self-defeating at it's finest!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    smack, niteowl57, Soulicide and 5 others like this.
  8. Knightowld

Knightowld Avatar

it takes 60k for me to train again. Thats round about a month gametime for farming. Way to much to try out another skillset.
    To take that much gold might be a good idea for the final release, but now my aim is testing. And therefor it is of no use to make a switch of skills that expensive. I like to search for bugs but not that way.

smack, Jivalax Azon and FrostII like this.
  9. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I blew 30k!

10. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

Waiting outside the "Lunar Rift" to New Brittania
    My only concern is I leveled to 41 in the last release. I made maybe 15k gold. Spent a lot of that on repair kits. Started R19 with 9k gold. Managed to not have a deck full of slugs after I realized where my money had gone. I have no money to upgrade crafting skills. The ONLY viable way to make money it seems is selling resources to a merchant or getting into crafting. This game would be impossibly frustrating if it were single player only.

As it is, the adventurer economy is kill 1000s of creatures for loot, go back to town and sell it. And the trips to town will be 100s of times for this to occur.

I haven't played much, so maybe there is something I've missed, but it seems to me that if you don't harvest resources, you'll be forever grinding mobs for coin/loot to sell.

I feel like I've been penalized for not being interested in crafting.

Less gold that is needed to gain skills.
    Higher costs (repair kits or buying new gear which may actually be cheaper)
    Housing is pretty much out of the question for those without having done some sort of founders pack.

Yes, I get that we're still testing, but with the current economy, it seems that if you want to get anything out of the game, you HAVE TO harvest resources and/or craft.

Last time I tried crafting I couldn't stand how it worked, the click drag and repetitive nature of it made my wrist hurt. Literally. It's probably improved and I might give it another go, when I log in again. At the moment I'm just frustrated.

11. JDGamers

JDGamers Avatar

The more I think about it, I don't even think the cost are reasonable even with a full wipe. the amount of gold you earn vs. the skill points you earn each level does not appear to be a fair ratio. Essentially all the gold we earn would have to go into skill points and nothing else? I don't even think the amount of gold you would get from endlessly grinding MOBs would be enough, especially for the first 20 levels or so. I really think these costs need to be scaled down to a more realistic earnings level.

Budner, Jivalax Azon and FrostII like this.
  12. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

Waiting outside the "Lunar Rift" to New Brittania
    The problem I see currently is that not only with the cost of keeping your gear repaired, now combined with cost to buy skills, you are forced to find ways to make money that you may no be interested in. Just killing and looting is not viable.

You have to farm resources and sell them on the market. Or take up crafting. These are not optional, unless you like farming mobs over and over and over and over and.. you get the idea.

100s of thousands for housing, buying items from the market, skill training, and the simple adventurer (without exploits) seems to maybe pull in a couple thousand in a run.

I'd like to know how people have been making the money to spend, because I'm obviously missing it or just not as willing to spend HOURS farming mobs over and over. This isn't "fun" IMO.

FrostII, Jivalax Azon and Xandra7 like this.
  13. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

The question of cost is certainly complex, but does not have to be overly so. Simply put, the average player should earn more money at each level than training up the gained skill points will cost. If this cost is higher than average income per level, then people will begin to exercise one of two options, 1 - farm, 2 - quit. It really is that simple. If the balance is even close, it will encourage these two options because players like new toys (like armor and weapons and maybe even someday, a house.)

I do understand the mechanic is complicated by players who are higher level and perhaps haven't been skinning everything along the way and scrimping and saving every penny for the day when training prices went through the roof. However, the advice to simply buy up lower tier skills is unhelpful. I don't want a well rounded jack of all traits, I want a character who is very good at a few select things. But if leveling those things cost more than can be gained along the way, there is a problem.

Spreading it out over time is not a valid option. What "spreading it out over time" means is "go farm for a bit and then come back and get it." UNLESS you mean the number of XP required to level is going to be tripled as well. In which case, then yes, as players kill three times as many things as before to earn levels and get skill points, they will have three times as much money to train with (minus a percentage for gear wear).

The mere fact that testers are concerned with the dynamic warrants examining the numbers further.

FrostII likes this.
  14. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

I would sell some high level crafted stuff at the public vendor...but everybody's broke, so I won't be able to get anyone to buy it. This is akin to the 1929 stock market crash in SotA terms. Think about the lines for garlic bread...

15. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

This skill cost thing is BS, I don't feel like Grinding to get gold just so I can get back to where I was before. I don't even feel like playing R19 after this.

niteowl57 and FrostII like this.
  16. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I'm frustrated as well, I spent a lot of gold trying this and that. .finally got my deck filled and now I have 200+ pts left but no money. .so my innates are at 0. .guess I have to grind for gold :/

FrostII and Budner like this.
  17. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Avatar

Maybe the cost is consistant to what can be done leveling up. I don't know. What I do know is that I have already done my grinding time for level 1-54. Will I have to to do that all over?

18. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Guys its pre-alpha testing, don't forget your hard-hats.

19. Beli

Beli Avatar

Level 62. it cost me over 52k to train back up, thank goodness I had 80k gold. Probably should have waited on this feature till the next wipe.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

No....
    You still have all the xp's you accumulated, you just have to go to a skill trainer and "re-assign" them (at a BIG COST IN GOLD)...

Jivalax Azon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.