Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cost of Trainning and Skill Reset

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Sir Niccoli, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If skills get reset after launch we should not have to pay to raise our skills again. This is not right at all. I'm not even sure why they would force people to pay for skills they already had. This can leave people with low skill even though they are high level. This is so obvious. I don't even know why we would need a thread about this.

Jivalax Azon and FrostII like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I imagine all this drama will rush some interface UI system to come place in perhaps sooner than later to allow us to change our minds on skills and take out skils and add skills before commiting to it . Also hopefully some kind of notice maybe something like 'are you sure you want to accept these skills, you will lose your gold and wont be able to change your mind if you leave this action'. It is great to have discovered this now, so things happen for a reason very often and most times.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  3. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

As we have already deployed a temporary solution for this and the tone of this thread is becoming more and more combative, I'm locking it from further discussion. Please remember the following Forum Rule, folks...

Act with Virtue:
    Treat others as you would want to be treated. We are all people united under the same banner, with similar hopes and many different opinions. Show respect for one another, disagree with grace, and offer opinions with humility. And sheath those swords… there are absolutely no personal attacks allowed.

4. rob2

rob2 Avatar

Now that skills are quite expensive to purchase, I want to make sure I get my build right the first time; no ability to experiment.

What is a solid build for levelling as well as being viable in PvP? My character is level 66 at the moment.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/deck-building-r18.28559/#post-375303

It depends. I use bludgeon skill, but if you like mage builds here is a video Envy did that could perhaps guide you. Some things may have changed a bit since this is based on R18 combat. If you like to do a warrior blades and shield, I do a bludgeon since I like swinging a big axe, heavy armor tactics, strength skill, break armor and break weapon are my favorites, make sure to put points in focus, but watch the video for more info on deck building. I really like it. Good luck :)

6. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Logged in and all my previous skills were unallocated (as stated in release notes). Sadly I ran out of gold with about 1/4 of my points unallocated. The transition between releases could be better.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol ahhh I take it you did not read Darkstarrs post of new stuff. I just saw you at the trainer. I did not get a chance to say hello. You should be recieving 1k per your level since they wiped skills due to combat changes skills needed to be wiped. The Devs did not account for this and raising the cost of skills also and the uproar we made lol. Oh well if you dont see cash try restarting and make sure your game is updating. Oops sorry you said you read it, so sorry, I am getting sleepy.;)

Tarsin likes this.
  8. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Thanks majoria. I'm not sure if I got it. I started with 30k gold. All I did last release was level grind and get the hat. So, I didn't go out of my way to spend gold or build it up... For whatever reason I didn't have enough gold to reallocate everything I wanted. Tonight has turned out to be nothing but frustrating. Will try again this weekend.

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Hey Tarsin if you need gold, start making bark bread its easy done with a good provit.
    You only need bark from trees, and the rest you can buy, invest a little bit of gold, and you will see you will make good provit with it

Tarsin, Katrina Bekers and majoria70 like this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You only need to buy flour and salt and one yeast culture. Mix the yeast and flour to make more yeast :)

11. Jandrew Traliam

Jandrew Traliam Avatar

Alright, please don't be offended. I don't want to have this post moved/deleted. But we need to talk.

I'm gonna be truthful about this: I've enjoyed the ~90 hours I've spent testing Shroud of the Avatar. It's obviously a pre-alpha experience where certain skills simply don't work and are a complete waste; I understand that I am TESTING the game. What I cannot abide or understand is being expected to grind gold in order to pay a skill trainer to advance my skills while I am testing a buggy, sometimes broken Pre-Alpha game.

I'm talking 50k-75 gold to switch from a level 50 PvP build to a PvE testing build. That's easily more money than my character has made in the 90 hours I've been playing.

I understand that I'm on the official forums and obviously we all want the game to be fun and get developed; but I think you're shooting us in the foot by making us spend the gold we earn on our builds so early in development.

And to be honest I feel that the response from the Dev team was a bit condescending (even if it was unintentional)...the comparisons to Johnny Cash fans vs Taylor Swift fans really irked me and having the post locked in the R19 forums did nothing to assuage my unrest. If we can't discuss our concerns then I am worried for the development of SotA.

In regards to the 1k per level fix I'd like to quote Taylor Swift: "Bandaids don't fix bullet holes."

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.