Multiple pledges on same account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Satan Himself, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Let's say I have an existing lord pledge.
    Then let's say I want to also buy a $45 adventurer pledge.
    Both on the same account.
    When I log into R20, how does the game account for this? Does it say, do you want to use your Lord pledge, or your adventurer pledge (and depending which one I choose it loads the pledge rewards for that particular pledge)?

Using two different computers, can I log in using one pledge using computer #1, and log in using the other pledge with computer #2?

Has anybody done any of this? How does it work when you actually log into the game, when you have 2 distinct pledges in the same account?

Thanks for any wisdom!

4EverLost likes this.
  2. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Sometimes in the past has been written, that each pledge must be on a different account to be usable.

enderandrew, cartodude and Budner like this.
  3. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

I'm also curious about the two pledges on one account. I've seen it posted before that for live they need to be merged or on separate accounts. I recently acquired a founder pledge on my account now giving me the two pledge on one account. I've emailed support to merge them which could take a couple weeks with the merges/splits ending soon. Right now I only have the rewards for my benefactor pledge. More curious if after the wipe for R20 if I will have both sets of rewards if they still aren't merged.

Budner likes this.
  4. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I think I've seen it answered with regard to the extra character slots on some pledge levels - the rewards are granted to the account so you don't get duplicate rewards from multiple pledges. Makes sense considering you sign in to the game with account details not pledge details.

As to merging pledges, when you upgrade normally I think you immediately get access to the rewards at your new level, I would expect the same to be true if you get to that level by merging.

Budner likes this.
  5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I'm not talking about merging the two pledges, I'm talking about keeping them separated.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you CAN'T keep them separate permanently, so i don't expect them to make ui to choose between them on log-in. you'd have to make a separate account to transfer the other pledge to if you don't want to combine them.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry I have seen the error in my ways, don't necessarily agree but :-(

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just having multiple characters doesn't mean they're on different accounts. Some pledges have up to 3 characters already. That said however, they could make multiple pledges on an account work through the character list.. you would need to be able to select which account/pledge you want a character on at creation. The question would be whether or not they will allow multiple logins from the same account.

Mishri and veridos like this.
  9. Alley Oop

will you believe koldar?

some higher pledges have mutiple char slots per pledge. that is NOT the same as having multiple pledges per account.

veridos and smack like this.
  10. Alley Oop

ah, found darkstarr.

11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Since you log into the game using your SotA web page credentials, I would think that you would be playing with your first account... I would also think that when you pledged the 2nd pledge, that it would ask you to create another web account, in which case your username would already be in use, forcing you to create a seperate account for the 2nd pledge...

I've never tried it, so I think it wouldn't be possible to have two pledges on the same account... I know I made one over payment and emailed them to give me store credit, and I'm still waiting for the store credit... So, I think the way it realy works is, the money you pay for a new pledge, just bumps your existing pledge closer to the next teir of pledges... But until you reach that amount, your account won't reflect that...

So to be on the safe side, I would create a 2nd web account and then pledge using that account... Then you will be able to login using two computers separetly...

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  12. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

It was answered a year ago...
    See: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...goal-store-megapost.11352/page-70#post-190870
    Darkstarr: "Yes you can only play with 1 pledge per account. In order to play a second pledge you will need to create a separate account for it. Alternatively you can merge the pledges into one pledge."

Gaelis, steanne, Elhaym and 2 others like this.
  13. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Why would it be an issue? Seems pretty cut and dried to me. And why would it be a problem to have a 2nd pledge on a 2nd account? Perhaps I don't understand the concerns.

14. Elhaym

Elhaym Avatar

Are you asking about multiple character slots or pledges? If you are worried about pledges you should sort it out soon because the deadline for merging/splitting pledges is on August 17th.

veridos and Miracle Dragon like this.
  15. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

As Elhaym says, the deadline for pledge splitting/merging is August 17th. After that date, all accounts will have only one pledge associated with them. My guess is that any accounts with more than one pledge will be automatically merged the night of August 17th.

Anyone who wants to keep and play both pledges, simply needs to assign the second pledge to a separate account by August 17th.

Elhaym likes this.
  16. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

He's talking about being able to log in simultaneously with two completely different characters, I think. Of course you could always just create a new account and pledge with it, and that should give you the ability to be logged on with two characters (as long as you have access to two gaming computers). Though I don't understand how someone could really enjoy playing two characters at the same time... ;)

Budner likes this.
  17. lenni

lenni Avatar

Maybe Budner was referring to multiple characters (or character slots) per account and thought that having multiple pledges was the answer. and as some of you have mentioned, some pledges HAVE multiple characters.

I'm sure in the future Portalarium will make a way for us to purchase character slots per account. much similar to other MMOs.

18. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

As we have stated continuously we only support one pledge per account. If you have multiple pledges per account we default to the highest pledge when you login. Any additional lower level pledges are inaccessible in game until they are associated with their own account.

19. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Since splitting means, taking a large pledge and turning it into 2 or more, and merging means taking 2 accounts and making them 1... I would expect that after august 17th you'll need to create a new account to access the other pledges... otherwise you'll have no access to the other pledges.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am trying to wrap my thinking around this. So Say I have a Lord Marshal pledge which happens to have 3 character slots coming with it for now that is. Each character I would happend to create such as majoria, mable, and lexy are attached to the Lord Marshal pledge since that is my pledge level. They all share the same reputation, houses etc, pledge items. They may look different and have different builds but one cannot be virtuous and another one non virtuous and the other one somewhere in between. They all share that reputaion and virtue rating. Now to put another pledge on the account would be for what reason, not trying to be nosey, just trying to understand in case I'd be able to help if I could. I know people who have more than one account for many reasons, one being that they want to play characters with different reputation ratings. For example one account is the Lord Marshal and the other account could have a lower pledge tier perhaps an edelmann and on that account the character could play non virtuous while the other account, the Lord Marshal account perhpas is a virtuous rating. Ok I could be hitting off the ball park or perhaps lack of sleep is making me woozy, but just checking in on this. **cheers** and good luck Budner. I hope you get it worked out.:)

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.