Multiple pledges on same account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Satan Himself, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

account - your login credentials, holds a pledge and other information such as release quest rewards and add-ons.
    pledge - the level you've pledged to, and pledge date, currently you can have multiple pledges on one account, but you can only access the highest one, you have to make a new account and move a pledge to it to access your lower or equal level pledges.
    character - different name/skills/appearance/level/items, same reputation as other characters on that account.

Not sure if that answers it all. But might clarify what we are discussing.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. Beli

Beli Avatar

My 3 pledges are all separate accounts, different user login and different emails. I do duel box sometimes by logging one in thru steam and the other thru sota. I am pretty sure ppl that have two pledges tied to one account will have to do something soon.

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Complex answer and not what you might think. I don't really want a second account at all. Here's my scenario:

1) I have a RF Lord pledge. Without understanding the ramifications, I linked to Steam some time ago. Download from the server was slow and some folks suggested using Steam to download uupdates, which indeed was faster.
    2) I have a lot of money now tied up in the account, through the pledge as well as numerous add-ons. Not to mention all the available quest hats. It's a nice account that someone else might enjoy, some day.
    3) I love SOTA and have no current intention of selling my account, but realize that at some point in the future, maybe years from now, I may want to sell the account. Maybe it becomes valuable, maybe I get bored, maybe I spend all my available time watching self-help videos starring Majoria and The Mad Hermit. Who knows.
    4) If I wanted to sell my account now, I can buy a $45 Adventurer pledge, keep that pledge in my current account, set up a new account, transfer my existing Lord pledge to the new account (which won't be linked to Steam), and sell the new account with the Lord pledge to the buyer. Cumbersome, bureaucratic, insane, but ultimately effective.
    5) However since I don't want to sell my account now, I was thinking that maybe I should buy the $45 Adventurer pledge anyway, and either do #4 above now, or at a later date. I don't know if that pledge level will be available in the future, so maybe I should buy it now. And if I don't create a new account and move my existing lord pledge, will Port auto-merge my two pledges upon launch? No idea. I don't want the Adventurer pledge, and I don't want to spend another $45, but such are the hoops that we must apparently jump through if we make the mistake of using Steam, which I wish I had never heard of, quite frankly.
    6) Let's say I buy the $45 pledge, set up a new account, transfer my existing pledge to the new account. Now I have my existing account, which includes my Forum presence (Budner), a $45 Adventurer pledge, and all the quest hats, and the account remains linked to Steam. I also have a new account, with my existing lord pledge, and I can apparently gift all the add-on items from my current account to the new account. I guess I can find a way to transfer the quest hats from one account to the other, although in the account summary those hats will always be listed on my original account.
    7) I don't know what the various rules for account sales, pledge transfers, add-on transfers, etc. will be in the future, particularly after we officially launch. Port says after launch they will continue to not support account transfers. Does that mean they won't get involved, or that they won't allow them? Will we be able to #4 above any more?
    8) If I enter into a private transaction and just quietly exchange login info for money, I'll be violating Steam's TOS. Of course I could care less about violating Steam's TOS, but would such a transaction violate SOTA's TOS, which I do care about? Would the buyer be in danger of having the account disabled by SOTA?
    8) I'd happily pay Steam $45 to delink my account from Steam, or $50 to go back in time and not click "Link to Steam", or $75 to just sit with Majoria so she can calm me down, like she always does.

The complexities are mind-numbing ....... probably I will just do nothing and deal with an account sale when the time comes, if ever.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

OMG, well I did ask Budner haha. Now I do feel woozy. I guess you are trying to plan ahead, which of course if you came to me and Mad Hermits self help course right now instead of later life would be so much more simple for you. **majoria hands budner a bouquet of roses and waves a ornate time piece back and forth, back and fort, back and forth** and says in a quiet slow, melodic voice "Budner smell the roses now, and You are getting very sleepy, very, very sleepy". :eek: Well hmmm or it could be me. I am playing Divinity Original Sin and I am very, very sleepy. :cool: :) Anyway really I do hope it works out for you and I am very happy to hear you are going no where soon, or somewhere later, see I told you I am sleepy, or is it you?;)

Gabriel Nightshadow and Budner like this.
  5. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I bet if you email support@portalarium.com, and asked them to unlink your account to steam, they might be able to help you.

Elhaym and Budner like this.
  6. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

from Port's website: (the update on merging and splitting)
    "We will continue to transfer whole pledges from one account to another. The only exception will be pledges that were purchased on Steam, or those where the Steam key has been claimed. In those cases the Steam access is permanently attached to your personal Steam account and you will no longer be able to transfer or sell $45 of your pledge value."

Elhaym and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  7. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK why did I wake up naked, where's my wallet and where did all these tattoos come from? And why does one say "Starr Struck"?

8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I totally want to see that tattoo in-game.. should be available at a tattoo parlor on Darkstarr's giant airship! :D

Mata and Budner like this.
  9. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK but:

Lord Andernut says this: "You cannot sell the entire account, and I wouldn't recommend anyone trade for a steam account (which is not legal according to steam's TOS anyways)."

And what exactly does this mean: "and you will no longer be able to transfer or sell $45 of your pledge value". I mean, unless you have an extra $45 Adventurer pledge sitting in your account, there's no way to sell/transfer a higher pledge, right?

Miracle Dragon and cartodude like this.
  10. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

$45 of the pledge goes towards the steam "purchase".. so that means the rest of your pledge can be moved. You also don't need to buy a pledge to move a pledge to another account. Just create a new account and have your pledge transferred to the empty (shell) account. You might need to ask them how that $45 works, if say in 2 years you want to move your pledge to a new account if you can just add $45 to keep it at it's current value or how that will work since your account is currently linked in steam.

Budner and Miracle Dragon like this.
  11. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

My assumption would be that they would transfer the account except for $45 worth of it... so I guess if you put an extra $45 on it you could transfer it at a level equal to the pledge minus $45... Port would need to explain it better... are they in essence going to allow account splitting ($45 worth) after the deadline for those with Steam access? Would they allow anyone with Steam access to add $45 to the account and then allow the transfer? (In essence adding enough money so the transferred account maintains it's pledge level while you keep the base $45 level.)

I know my pledge had more money value then the pledge level due to some of the bonuses, but those vanished once I upgraded. So it is possible to have an amount other than the exact pledge amount. So I suppose you could buy the base $45 Adventurer level now... merge the two and you'd have your desire result.

Budner, Mishri and Miracle Dragon like this.
  12. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Intuitively I think this is what you want to do, and do it before the August 17th split/merge deadline, just in case any of the many caveats and unknowns prevent you from transferring the pledge out of your Steam account in future. Would be horrible to find later that this is the case.

I would certainly email support first for clarification (afap - clarity tends to be relative on these topics) and in particular check whether the RF status will definitely be transferred out of the Steam account to remain with the pledge (other players who have done this may be able to confirm). I doubt the hats can be transferred to another account but you can do that manually when they are claimed post-launch, or flog them as a separate collectable set.

And most importantly, you can still post as Steamy Bud whatever you decide to do!

Budner likes this.
  13. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Once the game goes live, the term "account bound" won't mean what it does now. One could own a LOTM account at start (on Steam) start the game and play for awhile. He/She could buy a separate $45 account later on.

1) you could transfer just about any of your game items to the new account, including the homes and lots, and quest reward hats.
    2) with a name change service, you could keep your avatar names.
    3) more bank slots could be bought

Lost would be:

1) Royal Founder or similar status unless present in new account
    2) Any titles that went with the old account
    3) any adventuring/crafting points
    4) reputation
    5) quest progress or unlocks that occur
    6) whatever it is that you actually "sell" to the new owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.