Release 22 fishing! =P

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robby, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

Soo... im looking forward to fishing yippie! I haven't been able to figure out my obsession with the idea of fishing in SOTA. I just want to sit there and catch fish in SOTA in my time off work. The thing im anxious about though is the update on fishing talks about catching boots and stuff along with some super rare fish that could probably fetch a high price, but I want my hook to pull up a treasure chest or a map.
    I guess the treasures are just going to be the bigger rarer fishes perhaps. What I wonder is will one be able to max out their fishing skill finding their first body of water and just sitting there with the line in all day or will it likely involve traveling?
    So far it seems that most of the gathering in this game involves quite a bit of danger, roaming the land to hunt or forage makes it likely that you will run into wolves or undead critters. But with fishing you can just sit in town and throw the line in without worrying about monsters. =P Its almost too good to be true in a way... though I can't imagine your making much by sitting in town and fishing because fish steaks might not sell for much.
    Fishing isn't in the game yet so im only questioning and speculating as of right now, but I cant wait! =P

2. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Until we get boats and go fishing in the open sea...

Or you are with your friends, deep in a dungeon, and someone goes AFK and you notice that there is a small passageway that leads to a secluded pristine pool... And as you fish - SHOES, THOUSANDS OF SHOES!!!!

So yea - Hopefully there is fishing in a variety of spots that have a variety of fish. Who knows - maybe some eyeless-cave fish is a delicacy in kingsport and sells for a lot.

Jivalax Azon, Spoon and margaritte like this.
  3. Falstaff

Falstaff Avatar

i cant wait. fishing was my favorite way to spend my time in UO with a boatload of friends!

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  4. crydee

crydee Avatar

I'm amazed to find out that people actually fished in UO (without the use of a bot/macro)

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  5. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

At one time I was fishing 48 hours straight, just me and another random fisherman. Nowadays I collapse after being awake for more than 12h though :p still really excited for fishing!

Jivalax Azon, Clean and 4EverLost like this.
  6. Sayumi

Sayumi Avatar

I want to catch reagents when I fish. And fish!

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Better not pick the wrong fish to catch.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  8. AviarAmidar

AviarAmidar Avatar

I want to fish for the Kraken!

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  9. mercster

mercster Avatar

Yay fishing!

Jivalax Azon and Musaab Osman like this.
  10. Robby

Robby Avatar

Id want ocean fishing to involve whaling for the blubber or something. Make candles and fuels with it. Or you could make omega-3 supplements or cod liver oil! =O No avatar should ever have to be vitamin D deficient!

mercster and Jivalax Azon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.