PoT's and perception of over power.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by rune_74, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Well this is an area where I CAN talk about what other people did because half the funding in this game is from large donors.

While I KNOW all donations are important, I also KNOW that this game wouldn't exist if it were not for a small number of people that paid for half of it. That's just a fact.

mbomber likes this.
  2. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

Since you are a PVP land owner, will you set your POT to take loss if they make that possible? If they were to go Shadowbane style, that could almost make this game interesting again. I have a lot invested and I would have more fun if it were a real wager. My guild sold all of their considerable properties last year when it was announced that they were not going to stay true to their Kickstarter promises, I am just waiting it out. Please note that there are almost always more people posting on these threads than are actually on-line. Would that be Shroud of the Forum of Forum on the Avatar?

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I get the feeling you think no one will care about this.

PoT's have changed the game I bought into, you have to live with the fact that not everyone is ok with ultimate power to the player.

Silly. Because there might be things I would want to do in them? But wait....I should only be allowed to if I agree to give them ultimate control of my actions:p Got ya.

So you are part of that consortium now? You speak for all of them? Newsflash without all the other backers you wouldn't have a game either. Man, do you even see what you are doing? Congratz you spent a ton of money and now you are chasing off the ones who didn't spend thousands....how much is a large investor to you?

4. Drocis the Devious

What exactly are you asking here?

That's debatable. You can't see all the people playing in the game. You can see some in steam. When I play I don't play on steam.

mbomber likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Why can't you ignore POTs like you do PVP?

There's only power if you give it by going to the POT. So what's your problem?

Right, you got it right. Don't go there if you can't handle that.

I only speak for myself, I was giving you factual information about how this project was funded. If you want to twist it into something it's not, that's your problem.

mbomber likes this.
  6. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

Well it certainly is making the Hamster happy. You really think they will not put village plots back in at the next wipe? I hope you are right, I have some for sale if anyone is looking!

7. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

It's not about being "afraid"...
    1) I don't feel they are needed.
    2) POT's are not the same as NPC towns and the owners of the town have rights that they paid for... Just like a lot opener has rights he paid for.
    3) players can avoid POT as they are not required elements for the story.
    4). If some jerk POT owner wants to ban you for not calling him Lord Bob well that sounds like role playing to me. Be glad he didn't have you beheaded.

You have not stated a reason that screams out to me that a change is needed. Will there be abusive POT owners? Sure but pobably a lot less than abusive lot owners that won't let you enter an event on their lot.

8. Drocis the Devious

You won't have any problem selling your village lot if it's tax free. If it's not tax free then you'll probably have to wait a while long but eventually it will sell just fine.

DarkStarr said they would not sell any more add-on store lots for EP1. I take him at his word. The devs have shown themselves to be very trustworthy.

9. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

I am asking if I can bring a bunch of friends and spend 48 hours beating the crap out of your city which you will have to pay to rebuild. I loved being a hobo in SB when I got to look at other peeps rubble.

10. Drocis the Devious

You can't destroy my city, the game doesn't allow for that. They will probably have seiging though, and if you think you and your friends are big enough to siege a 524 lot PVP town of death and destruction, be my guest. I'll be up in my tower eating popcorn watching you try. :)

This is actually probably the largest pvp town that's EVER been made in the history of gaming. If I'm wrong, please someone tell me of a non-instanced player run town that had 500+ houses.

mbomber likes this.
  11. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

Was that when he was three quarters of the way through a bottle of Tito's? DarkStarr said, DarkStarr said, DarkStarr said, DarkStarr said.... lol.

12. Drocis the Devious

No, it's from a forum post. It's documented. Housing is going to be extremely limited. You should probably hold onto that village lot. ;)

mbomber likes this.
  13. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

Yes, this seems to sum you up. Lead from the rear. Lol.

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Hmmm this product made it's funding goal on kickstarter on low level backing alone...I know it did, I did the math.

I get this sense of entitlement from you, which is way off base. The sad part is you can't see that if this fails all you have is a bunch of people who paid a lot of money for something that could have been something.

None of the rules I suggested took anything away from the PoT's.

They make sense for sensible reasons.

They protect players from abusive events.

Why has no other game given ban powers like this that I can think of?

No where in the purchase page does it say that the owner has the right to ban players...it does say they can control the lots though....

Yes, banning is role playing. I have heard it all now.

No one thought there would be rules need in UO since everyone would police themselves....we saw how that went.

What seems to be setting up here is an old boys club atmosphere....where a bunch of lords/dukes get to decide who joins and who gets kicked out. Sure players can stay to the NPC towns but if they really want to get in on events they better cow toe it to the rules of the consortium or they will be outcasts.

15. Drocis the Devious

It's not a guild town. I'm not leading anything.

I own that town. There's a huge difference, and I understand that.

mbomber and Womby like this.
  16. Drocis the Devious

Because other games are run by corporate drones that only want to take your money Rune. They want to create the illusion of fairness. This game isn't trying to do either, they're trying to make a living world here that is actually fair and not an illusion.

17. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

Yes, that is what is making it boring as hell. A few of measly Pantaloon wearing peep's wandering around looking like they have something in their pants because they are overburdened. Lots of RL Richie Riches afraid of real loss. I wonder how many are still living in their parent's basements?

18. Drocis the Devious

I don't know, we should probably hire Matlock to find out.

Lord Baldrith and mbomber like this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

I'm so excited, I get to use this image of me wearing pantaloons!
    [​IMG]

mbomber likes this.
  20. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

Matlock? It's been a while since somebody switched on the tube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.