1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 23 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

We wiped all player data including inventory and housing. Social information (friends and guilds) will remain intact.

Sorry, this is my first full wipe. Can someone explain this? Will my character be deleted?

2. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

yes everything goes except all your friends and guild contacts in game. house money skills weapons all deleted.

this happens from time to time during alpha stage of development.

welcome to sota

blaquerogue and Scraps like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yea you will have to start over, anything you have in your pledge or you bought from addon store etc.. you will still have. it will just be in your bank. but you will have to make your character over and find a place, to place your lot again. Anything you bought in game will be gone.

Scraps and Brink1123 like this.
  4. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

and the one person who attacks and sprints to the exit :)

5. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Yay iterative design! ;D We'll try it with this first step, and they will decide what the next step should be, once they see this first flagging step working.. The next step will probably be a timer, or some such. ;D Hooray for Pre-Alpha game development! Things are getting exciting!

Doom Angel and blaquerogue like this.
  6. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Sorry, I'm still confused. If the characters are all deleted how is there a friends list? How is there still a guild if my deleted character was the guild leader?

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The friends list is tied to account. So if you friended me before and I create a new character with a completely new name, I'll be on your friends list but you won't know who I am.

This is part of the reason I keep asking for the feature of leaving a note next to a name in the friend's list and guild member list.

Elfenwahn, NaomiLin, Womby and 2 others like this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

or i just pm them and say its me.

Scraps likes this.
  9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

*sigh*

Well... I for one want to state great work... looks like a lot of progress for the extra long 5-week release!

As for some of the debates going on, we'll never get to the point where 100% of the people are happy 100% of the time - that's impossible. On some things we're guaranteed to be 50/50 and a choice has to be made.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Widsith [MGT], Krofft, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  10. Nutsnboltz

Nutsnboltz Avatar

Really looking forward to R23 and getting into the changes. as for the huge PVP discussion, Why not simply go the route of UO? I can attack anyone, be blue or red or grey. But If i attack another blue Im now red. Guards will actively attack me in towns, so I need to go to a PVP town where the guards wont stomp me into the dirt. If i'm blue and i see some red killing blues, I can attack him and go grey, as im a defender but not a murderer. The color status being more of an indicator to the NPCS and players around you telling you what to expect. If I see blue players, its your everyday crafter, PVE'r If i see Greys, These are the guys who are out to defend the blues, and fight back the reds. and if I see a red, I know to be weary of the guy. I may be missing something here as i've not gotten into PVP in SotA yet. Correct me if I'm wrong but this seems logical to me.

sake888 and blaquerogue like this.
  11. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I don't see why anyone has an issue with there being the option. If you don't like it...don't turn it on. Nobody will ever force you to turn that on and look at it if you don't ever want to. You have the ultimate power. Consider yourself a god of the UI. An all controlling HUD beast of destiny. A veritable voyager of versatility. A....you get the point. But if you want to quickly see what your health is without having to hit V and find it in the list...turn it on.

I partially agree with Drocis and Ravicus on this, yet enderandrew also has a valid point about it generating a variety of scenarios. At the very least, one should not be able to flee to an exit to unflag. This is a horrible idea that is going to be abused to its limit. I am not even a PvPer and I see the imbalance and issues here. Please consider at the very least for now, having a 10 minute timer of no attacking or being attacked by other players in order to remove temporary flagged status. This really does not seem fair for the PvPers who stay permanently flagged. At all. Needs to be a timer instead.

Edit: In thinking about it, one of the problems is that you could just leave the scene and wait on the overworld map until the timer was up and you unflagged because of course, nobody can attack you there. A solution could be that the timer basically pauses while on the map and resumes when you enter a scene. Would this possible? Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  12. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

I'm also not a PVP'er but I wanted to chime in that I agree with this. If this stays in place it should at least have some meaningful consequences for the PVE'er who decides to "stick his nose in". Let's say my PVP friend gets in a fight with another PVP'er and I can see the battle isn't going well for him. With one well-timed heal I can tip the scales and make sure he gets the edge needed to defeat his opponent. Alright, that could work - but if I choose to go that route it should at the very least be an action that gives me some pause first. Do I really want to do this? Meaning that if I do it should have some consequences like me being forced to stay in PVP mode for a period of time (how long would be up for debate). I also like the idea of having to visit the Oracle to do a quest - and not an easy one - before I can leave PVP again.
    If for some reason the idea of keeping a PVE'er in PVP mode doesn't work, another option could be to give me a debuff in PVE for a period of time - like my attacks against NPCs only doing half the damage or my defense being significantly impacted.

The point being, jumping into a fight from PVE mode should NOT be something to be done lightly, at all.

13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Good points. The important "should I or shouldn't I decision?" due to a little bit stiffer penalty (24 hours?) seems fair to me.

blaquerogue, Shade Cido and Logain like this.
  14. Womby

Womby Avatar

I'd like to be able to set mine single player online only on occasion. It's spookier that way. :)

Alley Oop likes this.
  15. Womby

Womby Avatar

...but you can evict them, and because they are unable to enter SPO you can if you have enough friends stop them from reaching the bank .

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I am the only one worried about those poor pets? :(

enderandrew and Krofft like this.
  17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I predict with this change for blues to be able to insta flag and heal, that the oracle will become nothing more than a decoration, and there will be very few flagged pvp people. Everyone will be a blue looking for the opportunity to jump in a fight, but have the luxury of not being able to be attacked most of the time.

Logain likes this.
  18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    one other thing about the temporary flag and jumping in. How is this scenario going to play out in guild warfare? You have 2 guilds at war, and they are fighting. Then you have a person not flagged and not in one of the warring guilds. Since the warring guilds will appear unflagged to anyone outside of the war will it still flag a person trying to jump in the war by helping one side? Or will it be where he can just keep healing and not be attackable?

19. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Can we please, please, please move the PVP flagging debate to its own thread?

20. Krofft

Krofft Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.