Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Skill of the Month !

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Abydos, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

After Fiery Decay in R22,

Its now the turn to Searing Ray to be the OP Skill of the month.

The player who will cast this spell fastest, will wins the PvP tournaments this release.

Pro-Tip: Fight during the day and not at night, you do not even have to move. :D

Which skill will be too strong for the next release?

+My Feedback+

To stop feeling World of Warcraft Super Ninja Mage OP, reagents sould be 100% obligatory and consumable for each casts spell.
    A little balance will be welcome too :)

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

For R24 - Aimed Shot! Archers need to feel the love!

Atogrim, Chatele, Numa and 4 others like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Aimed shot was already good at one point and subsequently nerfed. :(

KuBaTRiZeS and Siriustar like this.
  4. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Searing ray was op in 22 also.. :)

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's what I said in R22. :)

There should be a spell that reflects the damage DOUBLE back on the caster. Problem solved.

Numa and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  6. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

A Reflect spell could be interesting...

But yeah..I use Searing Ray as my only ranged pull spell and wow. It hurts.

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Not OP...just other spells are not strong enough...My mage can't take hits so he needs powerful spells...please don't nerf spells anymore than they already are :)

Quenton, Gurney2, Atogrim and 6 others like this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

and a counter spell that reflects the reflected spell back the those who reflected it first. ;)

9. Drocis the Devious

No it's OP, LB. This is a DPS problem. It's wonderful that fire dots do more damage pound for pound, they can put that on your tomb stone after you die in three hits to a sun beam. ;)

The problem is that this sun spell does direct and instant damage in huge chunks. Which is exactly why it's a favorite in PVP, because it works.

What you're suggesting is to make the other spells MORE powerful. But what that does is basically make sun magic weaker. That's the problem with tweaking DPS, something is always out of balance.

This is why to balance any of this you need counters and counters to the counters. Otherwise you just get a new spell that is OP.

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I thought fire base skills did slightly less damage, but the DOTs made it up for fire, compared to something like earth which is slightly more direct damage with no DOTs?

11. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Mages have no utility that works so I am pushing for more DPS.

Once my ice spells freeze or slow to an effect that keeps mobs off of me (I'm not PvP) then DPS isn't as required. As combat is, mages need DPS...I'm just trying to work within the current system.

12. Drocis the Devious

Well look, everyone needs DPS. PVE and PVP.

The point I'm making is that we're spinning our wheels on this stuff. We can't give one spell DPS 50 and another spell DPS 50 + cold effects. Do you see how pointless this is? It never ends unless you have a spell, a counter to that spell, and then a counter to that counter. You can't balance a game EVER by just raising and lowering DPS. That does nothing but make it less balanced.

Abydos and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  13. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I get tired of having a weak and unviable mage. My water spells do not slow enough to let me play from a distance. I can't take any hits in cloth. What are my options?

I've worked up acrobatics, dodge, defense etc and I still go down quick upon being hit. The only thing that has consistently done damage is my pole arm.

All I ask for is a pure mage who can survive. To me that is the ability to cast from afar and avoid getting hit. Shields that work would be nice too. I'm still playing and enjoying it a bit more.

When I finally find a spell that actually helps me survive battles, I don't want to see it nerfed.

I want to have fun not play the game of die die die thank you very much :)

Quenton, Kutas, Woftam and 5 others like this.
  14. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

Mages just a little better survivability. And some of the low level spells need to be high level spells.

15. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I agree - mages need something. Way back when, Death magic was useful for survival, but not anymore. And a mage could beat a strategic retreat when on the verge of death, but not any more. In R22 my mage donned plate armor in order to survive, and my polearm skills levelled up faster than my magic skills just using auto attack. Fire DOTs turned out to be useless against any single enemy stronger than a grey wolf because their health regeneration was faster than the DOTs. Ditching my random deck has helped a lot (I should have done that sooner), but without at least one effective spell, I will have to ditch the whole idea of being a mage.

Searing Ray is the current useful spell. If it is made less useful, then there needs to be some other compensation to help mages survive a (PVE) battle.

16. Numa

Numa Avatar

The Water tree needs to be tweaked so Ice effects give mages the survivability that they need. Mages needing to be in plate armor is frankly, ridiculous. This will make things easier for players in light armor as well. Freeze effects, probably on enemies that are already damaged, would really help.

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  17. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

As is - everyone just needs plate, polearm, and searing ray. That is anyone who will focus on the action/combat portion.

If you focus on RP - sure, you could level of death touch and death magic and tickle things as a wanna-be-vampire, or be a fire mage and cast a gentle warming spell. You could pretend to be the embodiment of lightning if you wanted to, but someone with a dagger will still out farm you.

Just consider spells for RP purposes, and leave the real combat to polearms (and a sunray) with plate. Everything else is RP.

Oh - And currently, in my opinion, the game is very much focused on RP/Decoration than combat at the moment, things may change later.

18. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

I kind of agree. The character building / diversity is lackluster to say the least.

On Searing Ray, folks concerned about PvP need to recall that at 1 point an entry level skill grants 30% Sun resistance. That's huge. I think it's fine for PvP once folks (cliche' warning) learn to play.

I still think character building / diversity is quite disappointing.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, Searing ray got a nerf.

Katrina Bekers and Abydos like this.
  20. Colgarra

Colgarra Avatar

Well then, some other spell must be #1 now (if Lord Barugon is correct) so, congratulations, we've successfully got them to nerf Searing Ray...
    Let's figure out which one does the most damage now and get it nerf'd and then just move on down the line until we get everything at 5-15 or something...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.