Three silly questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RancidRat, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RancidRat

RancidRat Avatar

I haven't been following the progress of the game for several months and was hoping someone could answer the following questions for me. I appreciate that the answers are probably posted somewhere but I couldn't find them.

Firstly:- Approximately when is the game expected to be finished?
    Secondly:- Can you still only play the game on set days when the game needs testing?
    Thirdly:- If you can only play on set days am I right in thinking that any progress made either in stat increases or resources gathered are lost.

Sorry for asking questions that could be found elsewhere but I really don't know my way around this site. Thanks in advance.

2. Noric

Noric Avatar

Not only on set days. No idea about the first question.

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

1) Guess would be second half 2016
    2) Game is playable every day now, as it is being continuously tested
    3) There is a wipe every few releases, and you typically lose your progress in the wipe. After the wipe, skill levels are accelerated (by 4x in the current release) until you reach the level you reached prior to the wipe. Money and any possessions/resources acquired in-game are lost with each wipe.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

1- We are not sure of when the game will be finished, if you mean launched, perhaps imo launched at the end of the 2016 or maybe a bit later it will launch then onto 4 or more episodes but with content and things added to it the whole time.
    2-The game is up 24/7 with a lot to it now. It is very playable.
    3-Not sure exactly of your 3rd question. It is now a use based skill game since that was changed recently. It takes a combination of adventuring and doing other things in the game to keep your pool to advance in skills. If you need someone to show you around then just ask. I think you will be amazed at how much is in. Next release is coming soon with even more good stuff.:)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  5. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Silly questions are the best ones, m'lord Rat!

1. I'd have to guess the good folk at Port are shooting for 2nd or 3rd quarter of next year at this point, although they are not providing any dates yet. They are hard at work putting in all the functionality and systems every month, and fleshing out the game as fast as they can!

2. Nope! You can play the game pretty much all the time! Not counting random electrician oopsies in the Austin offices, the only times the server is down is the couple of hours each month when they are updating to the new Release of the game, the date/time of which is provided in advance. Come on in, the water's fine!

3. The only time progress is lost is when they do a "wipe" of the game, which is very rare, maybe every 4-5 months.

And now as I finish typing this I see Budner and Majoria have already covered it all - these old hands type too slowly! :mad::p

majoria70 and 4EverLost like this.
  6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    In my point of view you can play test now yes 24/7. As far as if you want to play the storyline or If you wanted to play the single player offline then you have to wait until launch. Many People keep wanting more and more content so launch gets delayed for people that are interested in the story and the story cannot be told until after the official launch, so many of us are just waiting........

Pickley and majoria70 like this.
  7. RancidRat

RancidRat Avatar

Thank you very much for the replies. I was not aware that you could play it any time. I will definitely have to check it out in the next few days. I bought a village house and a village plot. Am I able to place my house? If so will it be permanent or will there be a permanent placing time when the game is finally finished. Thank you very much for all the help.

Fox Cunning likes this.
  8. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Welcome aboard!

You can place them provided you can find an empty lot. I think are still quite a few available, but you will have to travel.
    Talk to a Town Crier NPC to have a list of available lots in that area.
    Or you can contact a Player Owned Town's governor as an alternative.

And they will be gone next wipe. Things will be permanent after the game launches as far as I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.