An Open Request to Portalarium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HoustonDragon, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Right. You just said that I'm trying to convince people that it's bad. You're right, you fail to see.

Ice Queen likes this.
  2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

@Phydra They did just do the Winter Telethon where many of these issues were brought up, and noted that they will be releasing an updated schedule this month in the last update.

3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I'm an Ultima Online fan myself, never played the Ultimas, and like you, I'm not big on story either. I just have 0 interest in story. IF it's done right, in the end it could appeal to many different player types. I'd like many of the things you wrote of too, but I also understand some of those things may have to wait until after release, and some of them such as global chat may never happen. As for pvp in Sota though it isn't for me, I've accepted that. I don't think it will be the pvp I like so I probably won't participate in it. I like a seamless world, pvp everywhere, large scale pvp where there's a place for solo assassins waiting for stragglers, and group pvp where a good organized group can wipe out many. I love the chaotic siege warfare. Sota being instanced and limited to a certain amount of people per instance just isn't for me, but that's ok, there will be other things I do like to do instead. :) I'm not a fan of battleground instanced pvp either, which I see was on the steam page for Sota. Been there done that, disliked it when I did arenas it in WoW. I'll get my pvp fix somewhere else. :) I hope you find some things you can enjoy as well. As it stands right now it's not very fun yet to me, but hopefully in the coming months the kinks can get worked out, and systems more fleshed out to make it better. I'm hoping Sota will be my PvE game that I can play for years to come. :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You're reading into it. It's a question of motive. A hater would be someone who is trashing talking for kicks or similarly selfish & petty reasons. I've tried to convince people that the ransom system is bad and cannibalism adds nothing of value to the game does that make me a hater too? So yeah I'm not a mind reader. I won't see meaning where I did not express it. If I wanted to call you out as a hater.. I would call you hater. I do not and I did not.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

You an I agree on alot of things, not just this post but in many others as well. So many voices on these fourms and ours are a minority, I hope they give considerations to our concerns.

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

I have no idea where you get your definition of "hater" or why you restrict it to something done "for kicks". Someone motivated by "kicks" strikes me as more of a troll. I have already acknowledged the real possibility that I could have misjudged your intentions (as you did mine), but I confess I continue to believe that any reasonable person knew exactly what you meant when you accused me of trying to "convince people" that it's a bad game. You took the shot, man up and own it.

I think we've bashed this one around enough, now, eh? Go ahead and say your peace, I give my word that I'll move on.

7. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Well stated, you touch on some very important points. It's rare that you see this degree of brand loyalty in something as ephemeral and transitory as a computer game. Even the biggest and most financially lucrative franchises don't necessarily have the kind of loyalty found here, it's impressive what they've got and you are absolutely right to remind Portalarium how precious it is.

Pk u and HoustonDragon like this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

This is not acknowledging you could have misjudged my intentions. It's fixating on a comment and the meaning you read into it on your own and insisting that you're right about it. It is a misunderstanding I have attempted to clear. I'm sorry you got the wrong impression but if you refuse to take my word for it there isn't much I can do about that. I'll own up to the shots I actually DID take.. calling you a hater is not one of them.

I'll try to clear this up one last time. I presume that you have what you feel are valid issues with either the game and/or its development. From your comments that is the impression I have. Does that opinion make you hater? Does trying to convince anyone of your opinion make you hater? By my understanding of the term 'hater' I assume the answer to those questions is a resounding no. Provided you feel your concerns are both validated and your motives are not malicious in nature. (Two things I never said anything about) So how would trying to 'convince people' of your opinion under these conditions make you a hater? I can only assume from your repeated statements that the game and/or its development is a 'train wreck' plagued by bad reviews that you think as it stands it's not a good game yes? Then you argue that case..

At any rate.. even if we don't share the same definition of 'hater'.. if you understand what I consider to be a 'hater' then you should understand I didn't call you one. So by all means let any reasonable person come to their own conclusion.

HoustonDragon likes this.
  9. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

@Wanderlust and @Bowen Bloodgood, I just want to buy you both a beer when the game is out :D

There are some passionate and dedicated fans here, and unlike ANYWHERE on the Interwebs, we are all opinionated, and well, passionate about it. I don't think either person was intending to harm the other, and ultimately, may agree to disagree.

Let's keep the focus on the game, and not towards each other. :D

Cordelayne, Fox Cunning and Acred like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Hey I like beer tooooo....

That's kinda the issue here many diffrent tastes the ultimas and uo appealed to diffrent crowds, also uo was a ground breaker in several new areas. People want more of the greatness and their afraid this game might not follow thier desired direction or cater to the oposing crowd.

I my self have to stretch to tie in the successor tag.

I say the developers have to be exceptional and find ways to deliver to multiple groups of people with very high expectations and yes pasions.

Acred likes this.
  11. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Pk u,

Yes, and I think they can accomplish it better than people give them credit for. Obviously, Portalarium has already put some things off the table for now (Open PvP), but I think there's some common ground.

However, I don't think it helps when the different groups are at each other's throats. Its harder to find that common ground.

Miracle Dragon and Acred like this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

If u wanna see people at people's throats goto the steam fourms, things are tame here. However most the cpplaints over there are pay to play, bad graphics, game play etc. Over here it's missing this feature and that one isn't tied down yet etc. I feel like the people here want the game to be good so I don't get offended on these fourms.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  13. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

And I am sure some have finally realized that $40,000+ put into a game is just not smart. I also believe that there were several who expected to make money off their investment and found that simply was not the case and would not be the case ever.

The good news is that the money didn't leave - just the players. And maybe they will come back after launch.

Sir_Hemlock and 4EverLost like this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I believe there is still time to make this an amazing game....

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I just wish some people could accept others have a different idea of what is good, and that doesn't make them a hater.

16. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I couldn't agree more. Which is why U5 is my pick as the best of the series.

Cordelayne and mercster like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.