Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Account date changed and missing Darkstarr rewards

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Flair, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

My account date has changed since the new account management screen. Now it reflects the correct date for when the account was made, not the merged date of the previous accounts so now i have lost my darkstarr rewards which I have had in previous releases. It should reflect the date of the royal founder account I merged it with last and the one that had the darkstarr rewards. Funny thing is it still shows me as a royal founder pledge. I am posting this here to see if this effects anyone else who may have merged accounts with older accounts.
    Thanks for your help.

FrostII likes this.
  2. xyphon

xyphon Avatar

Something odd is going on with the Darkstarr rewards. They are missing from my bank as well and I had them since I created this account. Don't think the date changed on my account. Only thing I did recently was melt a couple of addons to get some different addons

3. Flair

I did that as well, however there is a pledge date that was back in 2013 and now matches the account creation date which shouldn't be since i merged with an older account and that should be the pledge date.

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

FrostII likes this.
  5. Flair

Done at the same time this was posted.

FrostII likes this.
  6. xyphon

xyphon Avatar

Got a response from support. I was informed that because my account was created after 07/31/2013 I do not qualify for the Darkstarr rewards. OK, I get that there was a limit to the reward, but then why were these awards in my account for over a year and why wasn't his fixed until R23?

"In addition, please note, in previous releases, all “Royal Founder” and “Founder” pledge received the items. The code was then update during R23 to properly award accounts based on the promotion’s criteria.". If that was the case then shouldn't there been any sort of mention in the newsletter about this so that people wouldn't get ticked off? Also, then why did I have these items in R23, R24, and R25?!

7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

At some point a bug was introduced that incorrectly gave DarkStarr items to ALL Founder accounts instead of just the pre-July 31st, 2013. The easiest way to fix that bug it seems was to award the add-ons to the specific pledges that received them instead of having them be a part of those pledges.

But if they had a bug that incorrectly gave all players a Hearth of Britannia Cabinet, or an Imp, or a City Lot, they would have to have fixed it eventually too.

Kinda like how people upgrading their pledge between lots gives them extra awards and pledge deeds, they don't keep them forever.

I understand why someone who thought they were entitled to something would get annoyed, but ultimately it was an error that was letting you use those rewards in-game that they corrected.

8. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We can understand your frustration over not receiving items you thought you were entitled to. And we can understand how players that have been erroneously receiving something in their in-game inventory for many months will begin to think they are entitled to it even when the reward descriptions clearly state they are not. In Update #139, dated August 21, 2015 (posted to web and emailed), we announced that "The Darkstarr rewards, available to backers that have a pledge dated prior to July 31, 2013, are expiring after August 31, 2015. All backers that are eligible for any of the four Darkstarr rewards will have those rewards delivered to their account following August 31. They will be listed on your profile account page, similar to the manner in which any Add-On Store items you may have purchased are displayed."

We make no guarantees about the accurate delivery of pledge rewards while we are still in a state of development and wiping the database every few months. We have had, and still have, erroneous reward grant bugs that we are still working on. We expect to have all such reward bugs addressed prior to Final Wipe. Until then, all reward grants are in a pre-Final condition and subject to fluctuate due to the conditions of development.

We apologize for the frustration this has caused you. If, after the Final Wipe in July, you do not receive items that you are eligible for, as per written reward descriptions in the pledges or add-ons you purchased, then notify customer service to have it addressed.

If anyone on this thread wishes to continue discussion of this issue, then please send me a private message, or send an email to support@portalarium.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.