Neon Colors *POLL*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, Feb 25, 2016.

?

Would you like to see more neon colors in SotA?

1. No.

2. Yes.

3. Don't care either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

get out :p

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree with many others. Use of color will make this game shine. Like the dye tubs we are missing, we needed them sitting all over our creating room and spilling some dye here and there on the floor. So I went to get my toes done one day, well a pedicure that is, and this woman sitting next to me commented on my dark deep red toes and said ooh I never would dare to get dark red, but I like it. I thought hmmm it was just red toes and for her that was so out of the box, out of her comfort zone.

So in the box is the same old same old, outside of the box is where anything new lives, just sayin;) I have red hair in RL, well my pic shows it a little. So I mix black cherry, magenta, and intense red together to get a very vibrant color. In the sunlight you can see a hint of purples, reds, and Burgundy. It is a color that makes me feel good so my character will feel good having it too.

One time a man said to me, did I mean to get that color for my hair and I just had to laugh, of course I did, to me it is a beautiful color, to him it is an unnatural color and who is right, well me of course lol since it makes me feel good. He is right to not have the color for his own hair, although I would be happy to color his hair for him, well maybe.;) So it is all a choice. To take away someone elses choice is not right. By saying this game can only be one way is not right. So yay to choices and lots of color. I say yes, yes, yes to it.:):):)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  3. rez

rez Avatar

[​IMG] Yes, please

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Give us dye tubs, by all means, but please don't fill them with neon. It just degrades the game IMO. In the context of gaming I'm definitely pro-choice, but there should be limits. Otherwise this game will end up looking like Candyland.

5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Shooter's Pink is medievally acceptable. In fact, most Knights in pre-during-and-post Medieval Eurpoe displayed brightly colors, it was usually the peasants that dressed in more earthy colors. But during events, Jousting, Swordsmanship, Etc, Tournaments, Knights dressed up many a time in as brightly colored costumes as they could. Now, it was as bright as they could create back then using natural based dyes, not modern blinding neon, but still very bright.

[​IMG]

This is a re-enactment but I've seen a thousand colored medieval woodcuts showing even brighter colors. Here are some ancient drawings, I'm sure the colors have faded over the years.

[​IMG]

Spoon, Acred, Phydra and 7 others like this.
  6. mercster

mercster Avatar

These are heraldries worn to identify tournament combatants, not common dress and certainly not what an actual "warrior" type would wear around the wilderness.

SCIENCE!

7. rez

rez Avatar

But...you forgot to post the picture of the knights displaying their album cover coat of arms

8. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Much ado about nothing. Same arguments about several other items released in game, most notably the pumpkin head masks. The fear was everyone would be wearing pumpkin masks all year long and ruin the immersion.

Carry on, nothing to see here. How many hot pink dyes do I need for a full set of armor? How many to coat a Castle wall?

9. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Are you a Mary Kay rep? LOL j/k

Ice Queen and Miracle Dragon like this.
  10. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

@Budner come on man. Whens the last time you played candyland and said "these colors suck"? hehe

Miracle Dragon, Budner, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  11. rez

rez Avatar

Fair enough. When can i expect to be able to throw up a Recap - Neon Milk album cover? :)

12. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Recap. I might agree that the line should be drawn somewhere around there.

13. rez

rez Avatar

Eh, I'm thinking a nice big Deadpool painting would work.

Ice Queen likes this.
  14. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

Gotta agree with Budner here. I am all for the Breast cancer awareness stuff. Love the pink dye, but the picture is out of place to me, I think as cover art it is awesome, but it does not belong in game.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Budner likes this.
  15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

*cough* thats why we need a social server and a game server... don't feel like you need to justify your opinion... sure some neon is ok... we have steampunk things and all, it does fit. But then again we understand the need for some immersion and boundaries of reason aka not : [​IMG]

and not :

[​IMG]

But then again, who am I to say no, if we don't have game yet :p

I say let them have their shiny steampunk enhanced LED dresses :)

*curtsies*

Moonshadow and Miracle Dragon like this.
  16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Purple llamas are coming to the world...

I know this is a polemic thread but for sure I will vote yes. Not because I am a purple llama, but because I played UO. And, you know... If it can not cause a seizure it is not fashionable. Anyway I am "just" a trans-dimensional llama, not a human. :D

17. Acred

Acred Avatar

I would welcome any and all new colours to the SotA palette. I hope we can craft most of them, but I think that the most outstanding can and should be linked to these very special events like the Countach première.

In the 'Hangout of the Avatar, Release 18 Postmortem' on June 11th, 2015 my question about celestial events affecting the result of crafting dyes caused some brainstorming right before the hangout.
    It was answered by both Starr and RG. Here is my best attempt at a transcript of their answers.

Starr Long: “As far as this really interesting suggestion about having the celestial mechanics and the calendar literally affect what kind colours you can make, and it’s one we hadn’t ever even thought of, even though we’d thought of black and stuff for celestial mechanics, like certain attributes on weapons that can only be done based on a celestial event like this planet and this constellation.”

Richard Garriott : “And our initial thought was fairly negative we wanted to reserve celestial mechanics for specifically magical events. So it does tie in to lunar rifts. It does tie in to a lot of fiction that has to do with magical events that we are going to associate with celestial mechanics. Then we stumbled into the idea that we could still combine those two things together.
    So initially we were saying , ‘No, we don’t really want to have only A colour that you can craft during certain celestial moments.’ But you can craft a magical colour during celestial moments, for example, and this is just a brain-storm idea, just hooked up before the call, you know, one that – as the moon goes through its phases – the colour of that dye changes per moon phase, so you have the mood ring, as you called it [pointing at Starr] The Mood Ring of Dyes. That makes them special. So it’s possible that we’re eventually going to get something like that. It won’t be in the initial set of dyes.
    ( “No.” says Starr Long )
    But we’ll look and see if it’s easy and if that will be an easy rend then fix it up.”

Starr Long: “And another one that you were coming up with… Again these are just ideas, not currently on the schedule. But one like a chameleon dye, a special magical dye, again it will be very rare and only craftable in a celestial moment and like at that time, that could do things like pick up colour from the environs [volume to faint to understand] which would be very effective for stealth.”

Richard Garriott: “Right, it would be nice.”
    Starr Long: “It would be like camouflage. “
    Richard Garriott: “Stealth dye.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.