Latest update..not happy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rez, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

When POTs first came on the scene, Port reassured players that they would never be forced to live in a POT, which is a good thing for players, but is also meant that every one of the original deeds sold, add-on and pledge, had to have a spot somewhere in a PRT/NPC town for them to be placed, even if the owner only intended to ever live in a POT. The good thing about POT specific deeds becoming available is that these lots DO NOT have a lot being "held" for them somewhere in an NPC/PRT town. So, as the game fills with people, those who have the original add-on deeds who decide to settle in POTs will be able to make advantageous trades to people who do NOT want to live in POTs. i.e. Trade their regular add-on deed for a POT only deed + bonus (gold, rares, whatever would entice them to part with the initial deed). That means those "held spaces" have a possibility of being filled, more people have an opportunity to have a home, and hopefully the game prospers for a long time. :)

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, and the other deeds are back to their original prices too now at $85 for row lot, $450 town, $1050 for city lots. So now might be good time to grab those if you need/want them. If you bought them at the higher prices, melt them down and get the cheaper price before their gone.

3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

For now...

4. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

What POT owner in their right mind would walk away from a POT and the money they have invested in it? If the POT owner wants to walk away from the game I can guarantee you they will be selling their POT to recoup their investment. So I'm thinking to worry about whether a POT owner will desert their town is a moot issue.

5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

They do have the option to convert it to store credits. From there, they can transfer it to others with SOTA coins, buy store items, increase the pledge level. Some have already sold off the pledges and sold SOTA coins as well. They took a small loss, but that is better than nothing.

6. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

This furthers the problem of POTs being Pay2Grief in that customers will be paying real money for lots that could potentially never be placed since open lot placement opportunities is entirely up to POTs owners who could discriminating against other players or completely be absent from the game. In other words, Portalarium can not in good faith sell POT only lot deeds with the guarantee that there is open places for them to ever be placed.

Technically all POT owners in the game could band together and not allow any players in the game to place a lot deed in any POT. Think of the uproar that would cause for the entire game, much less those who were duped into buying POT only lot deeds.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Ice Queen and Scraps MacMutt like this.
  7. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

But after final wipe will they be able to convert the POT to store credit?

8. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Extremely unlikely, as in zero chance of ever happening. You would have a easier time herding cats!

9. Selene

Selene Avatar

And technically, everyone in the US could "band together" and unanimously vote in a person for president... but that would mean a lot of people adandoning their ideology and going against their own interests. Kind of like spending thousands of dollars to.. do what exactly? Thumb your nose at everyone who buys a POT only deed?

10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

At most you should only have a pair of cats. I'm sure the odd person has a trio of cats with the understanding that 3 or more cats will plot to kill you. A herd of cats is just mythical nonsense so please keep this crazy talk away from my fantasy world.

Whatever the next POT owner says I disagree with it.

Hiss.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

That @Kvow Triumvir... Man... What a nice guy... A Hoopy Frood who really knows where his towel is.

12. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Damn. Hard to disagree with that.

13. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

MUHAHAHAAHA
    [​IMG]

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

15. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Seriously. That video sums up 2 years of threads.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

In other News: we are all doomed and the sky is FALLING!!!! 111 Again.

17. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

I'm sure there is a Trump joke somewhere......just too early in the morning for me lol.

18. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Didn't Starr float the idea of player owned towns spawning resources in inverse proportion to their population? (Yes, he did.)
    Therefore, deserted player owned towns would essentially become adventure scenes. Pretty clever solution if you ask me.

Player owned towns should never be packed up and removed from the map.
    Whenever the owner decides he's done with Episode 1, he should be able to put the game away and wait for Episode 2.
    At the launch of Episode 2, the town owner should be able to log in and find everything right where he left it, and continue his adventure from there.

strabo, Boreus, Ice Queen and 9 others like this.
  19. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I reread POT-owners rights, and it still states:
    -An Owner can evict an occupant and lock lot.

I understand this right, this is an online game, behavior is inconsistent and so is trustworthiness, and you never know when that cool guy/gal becomes a pain.
    This is a two-way street though, with tenants having no choice but to take on the risk they may be turned out, or end up with a manipulative owner with no regard who they
    step on or hurt to get what they want.

POTs should be housing for those who p(L)ay the bill through time and effort. Maybe keep it as one pot-deed bought with gold per account, want more or a npc town deed ... buy it through the shop.

Leelu and cobran like this.
  20. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Thats kind of like asking whom in their right mind would invest money in a game that has no guarantees LOL, and has has as many changes as SOTA

And yes i did pledge a bit, but luckily i didnt catch the pledge bug before i realized something was not right.

Ice Queen and Leelu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.