Latest update..not happy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rez, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

For some reason, there is a lot of ignorance to the fact that not all POT owners will be good people or good stewards of an entire scene within the game. There is going to be very bad apples, even though they start out good. That is why the selling of POT only lot deeds for real money is simply unethical.

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Just an FYI - Village Lot Deeds were sold at one point as low as $120 (I've seen some) and they increased in price up until they sold out.

Ice Queen, Sara Dreygon and Leelu like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There will be incentive for governors to want to retain population in their town. Mainly for blessing bonus (post wipe feature).

People should do their own due diligence when choose a POT to settle down. It's the same argument with choosing a guild. A guild leader or whomever have access to guild house can one day dry loot the share resources on a guild house (happened many times in UO, but yet people still forming guild and interact with one another).

4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

As long as they don't oversell the POT deeds to the point that you can't leave a POT and go find another. Like 80-85% of possible spots or something. If the only place to use your POT deed is in a town where the governor demands 20$ a month then there's a problem there.

Unlimited deeds for POT's would mean governors have all the power and no repercussions to abuse. If players can choose to leave the town then there's incentive to be a half-way decent governor.

5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Shhhhhhhh... we don't speak of the conspiracy 'round here - they're listening :eek:.

6. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

Are people paying $200 to join a guild only to be later booted, banned, and griefed? If that was the case then you could compare the two. Portalarium is collecting money from customers, only to send them out as sheep amidst the wolves with the POT system.

agra and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The paranoia is strong in you isn't it?

Lord Baldrith and Sara Dreygon like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

While @TEK1 is alarmist he does have a good point.

With as many as 300+ POT owners there are bound to be some bad apples among them, or at least circumstances where someone needs to sell and the new governor doesnt keep the old policies.

---

Way back when @Jatvardur @E n v y and me advocated that there should be some type of lease contract possible. Where the Governor can sign away the right to kick you out for the duration of the contract. (1-3 months, can set for 0g or more, option to have automatic renewal every month until cancelled, etc).

That would provide more security for residents and some respite of 1-3 months to find a new location in case the Governor changes.

---

But it also means that we should think about having forum sections where good POT owners can offer space during such inevitable circumstances. So that such inevitable drama can be handled as nicely as possible.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

There is no way to handle that kind if Drama nice.
    Because one of the two sides wants the Drama. Otherwise there wouldn't be a problem at all.

10. Womby

Womby Avatar

Hmm. I wasn't planning on having any residents, but maybe I could provide free temporary emergency lots in my POT reserved for anyone who has genuinely been evicted. I'm a short walk from Brittany (the boat trip from Spindrift Island to the mainland is instant - no scene load), so it's not such a bad location, and they could put their house there for a month while they find another POT to move to. That might help to alleviate some of the paranoia that seems to be infecting a few people.

My POT is here:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    rez, Tahru, Acred and 5 others like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think you must be refering to something different than me.

The drama I was refering to was if one POT owner changes/and/or/evicts residents.
    Where those (former) residents will be in search for a new location, by making that search as easy as possible and by folks like @Womby offering temporary place then that is definately a nice way for us as a community to handle things.

Womby and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Nah.
    That was exactly what I was taking about.

13. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Analogous to what is going on in the real world today on Lesbos, sadly. :( Which maybe reminds us that we can't entirely get away from terrible human behavior even in something that is supposed to be entertainment.

But the good news is Womby is a saint and there will be others. :)

Sara Dreygon, Acred, Womby and 2 others like this.
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I think those kind of contracts would help. I would really like to see a contract for actually renting not just the plot but the actual house itself where it prevented the owner from accessing anything within the house whilst it was in force.

At the moment a player can rent a Lot and use their own deed/house and be fairly safe. However a player cannot rent a property without huge risk.

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Completely agreed.

I have plans for many renting schemes in Lux but they all fall if the landlord keeps the access to all the items in the lot. Well... hopefully some will trust someone like me anyway.

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I decided that I wouldn't rent lots with housing until something is in place. Can't be doing with all the hassle........it would only take a player to misplace or lose something and you just know you will be in the frame for stealing it.

17. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

People paid way more than that just to be in a game and try to have a good time. Again, they need to do due diligence prior putting money into anything. If a risk of living in POT is so high like somw may fear, then players can skip the whole idea of living in POT altogether. By design, people have choices to live in NPC/PRT towns and don't bother with POT at all if they wish.

However, to address the potential of players living in POT got evicted and boot from town, the magic house mover needs to be in place, so when that happens to someone regardless of the reason or whether it's justifiable, the home owner can still move his whole house elsewhere without having to redo the decorations again.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

meh, come to my PoT after wipe, i have a keep sized lot that will be devoted to parties.

Tahru and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.