Need advice on effectively reducing pledge level

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bluefire, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Obviously I'd need to use the Player Marketplace of the forum to sell. However, is it possible to get portalarium to move $x amount of my pledge to another player who might be interested? Bottom line is I'd like to reduce my pledge from Knight to Ancestor (or possibly lower) - selling the difference off to another more interested player. I know I'll have to involve portalarium support to split this but just curious if that is actually even an option.

I have $45 from steam so don't really want to go the route of selling the account. For some strange reason I still want to play the story that this game will have even though it is diverging greatly from the core of what it was framed as in April 2015. The online game is obviously not going to be kind to casual players and will demand hours of play a week just to keep up with maintenance (taxes and skills). Sounds great for power gamers, but not for me. The removal of tab targeting is the final straw for me at this point.

Appreciate any info. Thanks!

Leelu likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

From what had been discussed in the previous thread, I believed @Greyfox had direct experience with converting pledges into store credits. However, it seems like you can only do convert from the current pledge to the bare minimum $45 pledge. Which means if you go with that path, you will lose all the rewards you obtained before expiration should you decide to pledge back to higher level.

Perhaps @Lord Andernut can clarify that since he has done several pledge trades on behalf of other players.

Hope that helps!

Leelu and Bluefire like this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

I'm sorry that you aren't finding what you want in SotA. I understand your concern regarding taxes. I too was concerned that I would not be able to pay them, but then I found that if I looted skellies in Wynton's Folly I was able to sell the bows, swords and shields resulting from one visit for over 1,000g.
    That's 10 days village rent taken care of, and you are still left with corpse wax and ectoplasmic residue. (That's just one example. There are many similar ways of earning enough gold to cover taxes.)

As for levelling up skills, that certainly is a problem if you are interested in PVP. If you are content with PVE then there is no rush to level up as there are now many one skull areas that yield a variety of resources.

I wish you well and hope you find the right level of involvement that suits you.

4. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Does provide some hope that there is a possibility. Look forward to more information. Thanks

Leelu and Vaentorian like this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I really don't think rent will ultimately be all that bad in the end. They're going to have to try a good balance there and unfortunately that means fiddling with the costs vs a player's ability to earn money. Plus all the other economy changes that should be happening in the near future. It might be awhile before they find that balance but hopefully sooner rather than later.

But on the main question. I was actually allowed to melt down my pledge so I could buy a holdfast. It shouldn't make any difference to Portalarium what you do with the store credits but I imagine if you want to convert part of your pledge to store credit they'll allow you to do so. They didn't give me any trouble.. I just emailed and asked and they went ahead and took care of it for me.

Leelu and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I was recently advised by support that I could not break my pledge up into two separate pledges. So, the only option would be to sell everything except the $45 steam access, assuming it is linked.

Leelu likes this.
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

If you want to sell the knight pledge you can buy a second pledge on your account and then transfer the knight pledge. But you can't partially sell a knight pledge - it's all or nothing according to how things have been working with support.

You can always contact them at support@portalarium.com directly.

8. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

One question - if you're already a Knight, don't you already have a tax free deed? Just asking as you mention it in your concerns.
    I plan on being a casual (read: sporadic and very leisurely) player and so far have no concerns about that. Skill decay as currently implemented is unlikely to affect me much, though it might be more annoying if you play a little every day, rather than say a few hours once a week. I know I'll never be able to compete at the highest levels, but maybe every so often I'll find a dragon-hunting party and get a few lucky shots in!
    And the story will definitely be a major focus for me too :)

9. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Choices regarding downgrading a pledge. Accounts are no longer split. You can melt a pledge per $25 Service Token each. If NOT Steam linked the credits can be applied to another account or applied to a base new $45 account. In the process the date of your pledge will be reset to the date of the new account losing additional episodes and other bonuses. You do keep any hats, purchased add ons, and telethon rewards.

If Steam linked you have to buy a base $45 new account first.

You could, although not support by Portalarium, sell the entire account and transfer to someone. Unless the account is Steam linked, a Steam linked account CAN NOT be transferred.

OP: Selling at this point because you dislike a revision to the game makes NO SENSE. The game is in flux and could end up being very enjoyable. You already spent the money. It is doubtful the value of your pledge will diminish prior to full release and very likely will increase. I recommend you provide some constructive feedback as the Developers definitely listen. Suck up whatever complaint you can't handle and deal with it until release. Development continues wait and see the final release version.

I have seen people previously sell due to a tantrum and later return spending more for less of an account.

Leelu, ThurisazSheol, Acred and 4 others like this.
  10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Whats wrong with the following:

1). You purchase a new Ancestor Pledge on a new account.
    2). You sell current Knight Pledge account to "more interested" player.

?

Leelu likes this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If the original pledge was a founder/benefactor pledge it will retain its status. If you buy an all new pledge of course, it won't. Whether or not that's important is another story.

Leelu and Black Tortoise like this.
  12. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

If I were you Id wait a bit because for several reasons if you love the core game as I think other than the targeting which I understand can be a gamebreaker for many if it is indeed what we end up with I dont think your other concerns are actually valid if the current testing Ive done bears any relation to endgame. If you want out then youve already made that decision , if not read on ;)

1. as mentioned above (and as a complete noob character) its easy to make 1k gold in little time , Ive never timed it but as a noob in highvale Id say 20-30mins maybe. Thats 10 days tax for a rowhouse, or 5 on a village and thats as a noob in the 1st hour or 2 of play. Then if you have a taxfree deed you dont ever need to worry about that, and if your a crafter or a trader with a vendor you should be able to make the cash you need.

2. skills. If your worrying about decay and skill loss then Its not even noticable at lower levels anyhow, and as I understand it skills DONT just drop. Each skill builds up a POTENTIAL drop over a period of 72 hours. this potential drop doesnt happen until you die so you wont lose any skill points by being offline and not playing for 10 days.

3. The targeting system has to be finished yet, and if theyre true to their word (Chris said in the dev hangout when he announced the new targeting system) that it had to be tried out so they knew if they should continue down this path or go back to the old system if it doesnt work out, personaly I imagine theyll continue with this system but they have yet to make it work for healing etc and if it doesnt then tab targetting isnt necessarily gone (until we here definately otherwise from the devs I guess)

Leelu, Quenton and Acred like this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just to nitpick a bit since I'm seeing this a lot where people say it's the targeting.. it's not really.. as Chris has said a few times now, the game has been using the same targeting for 3 or 4 releases already. It's the camera controls that have changed here.

Leelu and Acred like this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What are you ?? there was tab targeting that the players used up to this release. If you are talking about how the game targets stuff for you yeah, and it has always been an issue since the game picks targets that the player does not want to target. Been an issues just now is more prevalent since there is not more "tab" targeting. Just this FPS concept.

15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If it were FPS you'd have to keep the reticle on the target. At any rate, let's not have that discussion here. It's already been going on in several other threads.

Leelu likes this.
  16. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I've done this, you have to find a buyer for your whole pledge level and you first purchase a extra base level account ($45) in order to facisilitate the transfer

17. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Where in Highvale are the skeletons? Found elves and wolves, but little else. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and tips. i'm going to hold on for a while longer but good to know the options.[/QUOTE]

18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I have never seen skeletons in Highvale, but the longbows of the bandit archers are great loot. Skeleton archers also have these bows plus ectoplasmic residue, which is why they are the more desirable targets.

There is no guarantee that the loot and prices won't change after the final wipe, unfortunately. In R28 Whitten in Resolute paid top dollar for bows, but I haven't compared prices in R29 yet.

19. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

[/QUOTE]

I dont think I mentioned skeletons, Ive just been selling loot from archers bandits and elves etc but there are sometimes skeletons in the little cave (and a zombie). Otherwise just East of Resolute is the middle downs that
    as I recall has a graveyard with low level skeletons and zombies by the entrance.

Leelu likes this.
  20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just a little more hint. The armorer in Resolute are buying loot at good price (subject to durability) just like the blacksmith in Ardoris and Owl's Head. You should be able to make some good cash by just hanging around High Vale killing these mobs.

There is an area east from Resolute, I believe it's called Middle Meadow or Meadow Down or something. When you get in there, you can find skeleton mobs mixed with zombies (yucks! at plague), once your character is strong enough to take a bunch of them at the same time, they can be a good source of cash.

I've been logging on and off depending on the kids and I was able to make about 10K gold since R29 released just from looting and selling loot to the Resolute armorer so far. I'm sure people can make a lot more within an hour if they can dedicate their time to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.