R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I've been out of the loop for awhile, but I think this is extremely optimistic. My impression is that a majority of the people that will be playing the game are already here. I don't expect a huge bump, even at release.

Mykll and Tahru like this.
  2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Fair points. It would have been my preference for RF to go first. The devs ultimately decided that some players who were benefactors were bringing in a lot of investment. A least one benefactor I know have has multiple tens of thousands in the game. That's more than many many people put together. At the end of the day they want to keep their clients happy, especially those that help the game get to launch faster or better.

At least since January(?) we have known the order of selection?

As always it is the expectation management of the clients which is important. Are the customers, on the whole, getting what they expect? Baring in mind that no one is likely to be 100℅ satisfied. I think the aim is always to have most players to be mostly satisfied. There is an interesting nuance which could be that the people with the most amount of dollars should be satisfied the most. I say nuance because it isn't quite a black and white situation. Big backers need to be carefully managed but almost paradoxically the game may suffer if the not enough players across the whole spectrum of investment amounts are not well satisfied.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    mbomber, Black Tortoise and Tahru like this.
  3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I'm reading the thread and you seem more upset than most. It isn't rocket science to see this. I'm not knee jerking on anything and I've been in worse debates. You are welcome to find them.

If you don't know me then you don't know who I've wagged my finger at. Moreover that would assume that I agree with you. I don't. The situation is not as simple as you describe.

I am supposed to wag my fingers at these bad people but agree with you yet I know nothing of your supposed virtues. Perhaps it is time to step back and reassess? No point calling people names. I haven't called you anything. Nor did I even say you were wrong (disagreeable but not necessarily wrong).

4. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

To make things fair what should have happened was to allow Group 91 the right to claim any size lot. More people would have been happier, but instead only the people with largest pocket books are happy.

It doesn't matter about who can get what anymore as SotA didn't care about us low backers, and we are kicking a dead horse. So how about we just drop the topic and move on.

*Why should big backers be treated any differently then other backers? We all have rewards, isn't that enough?

Baalice and Tahru like this.
  5. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

There's some type of communication issue here. I'm not exactly sure what you replying to.

I don't think I'm the most upset, I am one of them. I dropped a lot of money which definitely does cause things to get heated. I'll just glaze over the rocket science comment since it adds nothing.

Were we debating? Seemed like you appeared out of nowhere and just starting talking at me. That's fine if you've been in worse debates, I don't need to go looking. Perhaps you're just argumentative.

You said I shouldn't call people cockroaches when I was quoting someone else. You were wagging your finger at me disapprovingly. Fine.

The situation is not simple but when lots are going up for rent for real world money while the land rush is still on, that presents a problem in my opinion. Opinion... which I have always stated it was.

I didn't think or say you called me anything so I'm not sure to what you're referring but I clearly don't assume you're agreeing with me in any form or fashion.

Again, I didn't have a problem with you. I didn't even know you. You came at me first, seemingly unprovoked. Were you saying I was wrong? I don't know. I was just surprised that your wording was coming off as hostile for no reason.

I'm not telling you to step back or anything. I meant, maybe we can start over civilly. Besides, there is another post about this that the community moderator asked for our feedback. I gave it, my voice was heard and I was done.

Edit: This is what I was referring to. The one who took all of the city lots in Britanny just before the Dukes got to go first: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...entral-brittany-no-land-deed-necessary.56488/

Lord Lew, Flight and Tahru like this.
  6. Fain

Fain Avatar

Those look great! I'll have to see if any are still available tomorrow when I get home! If not, at least I got a lot and should be happy. I think I'm the only one to have claimed in Elads Lighthouse if anyone wants to be neighbors!

Black Tortoise, Baalice and Tahru like this.
  7. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

Update to my post, maybe lot 91 should be pushed back a few days. This will let things settle down and allow people to make changes in their lot choice.

Then allow lot 91 the choice of any site lot that is left open. If a person only has a row lot but they see a castle lot open they can claim it. When they try to claim it, a box will pop up asking them to upgrade their deed. This is helps everyone, as people can get what is left over and SotA can make some money for the development of the game.

On the plus side this might help people from complaining.

Ariella, Tahru, Ravicus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Gosh I hope you are wrong. I have logged on to this game maybe 2-4 times since the beginning. At first I was really bummed when we were able to finally log on and see some stuff. Then years later my Lot selection came up and I map grinded for days trying to figure everything I could out. My conclusion? For the first time since Ultima Online I have hope that this will be an amazing mmorpg of the same level. I am so sick of the cartoony, hack and slash, arcade style mmorpgs coming out. I believe in this game. Once this is advertised on Steam at launch, players all over the world with steam accounts will be a few clicks away from something awesome. Till then we get to prepare the community so when it finally does launch all the new players enter an active online fantasy world economy with a multitude of things they can do that has boundaries so much wider than what is currently available.

9. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

Waiting outside the "Lunar Rift" to New Brittania
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following totally.

But there are only enough +30% if you count PoT, which means I am likely, as a town deed owner, to get stuck in either a village lot, or finding a PoT I know nothing about to settle in.

I'll see how it is come my time slot, but based on the spread sheet and available town lots, I'm probably screwed. Not particularly happy about that tbh.

So to clarify a second point, which probably helps, are PoT lots just 'first come first serve' or do you need to get some approval to live there?

10. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Town Owner's preference. They can make certain lots available to the general public, or make them available to certain people.

If it says <Available> in the town crier listing, you can claim it. If it says <Restricted> you will need to contact the town owner for details. :)

Tahru and Baalice like this.
  11. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Not that this is trying to argue you are wrong, but the game was on Steam's front page for 7 days in November of 2014. I don't remember the exact numbers but there were about 3000 or so new accounts generated that first week. Of course it was in Early Access during that time and that scares some off. The game has also appeared in numerous Steam sales at as low as 50% off.

I hope it meets everyone's expectations and I'm certainly not arguing it won't. Just saying it has at least had some prominent Steam exposure.

Tahru and Baalice like this.
  12. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

You are incorrect. +30% in NPC and PR towns. PoT do not count towards that total.

Just to clarify, PRTs are different than PoT. They are simply non storyline towns. If you look on the second sheet, almost no PRT lots have even been taken. There is something like 8500 lots available and maybe 6500 purchased lots. Rough numbers there. That's excluding PoTs.

Only about 4% of all NPC and PRT lots have even been selected yet. Again, that excludes PoTs.

72 Towns have fewer than 5% of their lots taken. The vast majority of those 72 towns have 0 lots taken. Again, excluding PoTs.

If your concern specifically is about 'town' sized lots, you are still in luck. There are roughly 1,250 of them left, excluding PoTs.

Acred, Ronan, Theleb K`aarna and 4 others like this.
  13. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

The Pot's are NOT part of the lot count and the 30% extra.

Acred, mbomber, smack and 3 others like this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

POT s are privately owned and controled by players. The owner has dictatorship rights and will never be held to account for decisions they make. They can ban and boot anyone at will.

Now that you understand the situation, please also understand that POTs are worth nothing at all if they are empty. Most all POT owners have glorious plans and some of them will be nicer than the game itself. If you like a POT, ask the owner for a lot and conditions.

15. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

What happened? I had my expectations set low but ended up claiming a nice town lot in Spite, spitting distance from the bank, with a great view. And I could have gone with my economical side and grabbed high traffic village, or even town, spots in a Brittany Fields or other valuable secondary towns. It can't be that bad!

16. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I suspect you're talking in jest, but just in case you're not.... Should anyone be abel to claim ay lot whether they have a deed or not? You seem to imply that anyone who has paid the $45 for the game should get a shot because 'we all supported the game right'. What stops people with multiple accounts (the ones you take issue with) from just taking more good lots with all the alt accounts they have?

The whole thing is a moot point anyway. I doubt Port would do it because it would kill their credibility with backers who put in a lot of money. They would have a hard time raising money for future episodes or other projects. After all, if you wait long enough you can get it for free.

Black Tortoise and Tahru like this.
  17. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

you know, you could thank the LOTM pledge holders for the HUGE financial support they have given the game since all of us will benefit from it. The devs need to be paid for their hard work after all. None of the lots will be worth anything if the game fails. Besides most folks with big pledges will leave assets like expert crafting stations out to be used by all players.

18. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

I just want to get placement in my ideal town. I've tossed prime location out the window.

AvatarGG and Duke Avery like this.
  19. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

Lord Marshal rundown. Essentially all high traffic town lots are claimed. Some great town lots remain, but they're not prime vendor spots. You have to make the heartbreaking call between traffic and view, basically. I nabbed a hybrid view/traffic spot in Spite before the 4:00 CDT Town rush (well over 200 claimants). I'd be interested in hearing a current update.

Theleb K`aarna, tazntaylr and smack like this.
  20. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Elads lighthouse would have been one of my choices as it has a great fast link by boat to Brit central docks I think you done rather well and you will see in time it will become a top town as it is still under constraction

tazntaylr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.