1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

For Rent: City Lot in Central Brittany - no land deed necessary

Discussion in 'House & Lot Listings (WTS/WTB)' started by Prince Guni, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

City Lot with stunning views next to Lord British's castle available for rent. You won't need a land deed or building deed. Choose any Benefactor, Founder or Royal Founder building and basement up to LotM level.

Payment weekly or monthly with Store Credit Coupons or via PayPal. NO UP FRONT INVESTMENT NECESSARY.

Short term rental and long term rental possible. Absolutely drama free. We have been doing rentals for virtual properties since 12 years.

Please PM me if interested :)

Hornpipe, Spoon and Abydos like this.
  2. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Avatar

any castle lot for rent?

3. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

Yes. We also have a castle and a keep available.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. Legends

Legends Avatar

I would like a row lot, any chance to pay in COTO monthly?

Jatvardur likes this.
  5. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

We don't have row lots yet because the land rush for row lots has not started yet. But we will have all lot sizes available after their corresponding land rush phase is over (and our deeds become active/usable). Gold Crowns of the Obsidians also work for us, just have to agree on a rate.

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Don't pay this guy, send a message to profiteers.

7. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Well, it is a little earlier than I would have expected to start, however:

Cottage Grove, centrally located in Novia just west of Nightshade pass will also rent lots, with or without deeds and a house. We accept Paypal and will be competitive. Contact Jade or Onyx in game or see my signature.

8. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Something that im curious about, is if this really is allowed by Portalarium. Isnt this like the definition of using the game for commercials gain, since this is a Company we are talking about.

And if this is allowed then i would love to know what wouldnt be allowed.

9. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

We've supported the game since the first day of the Kickstarter campaign and are just trying to recoup some of cash we put in early on to help it get developed. Of course what we are doing is allowed. We are not farming, just basically renting out real money items (lot deeds, houses) we bought for real money earlier.

Hornpipe likes this.
  10. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Wasnt directed at you guys directly, dealt with you multipla times, and shouldnt have posted in your thread, so will not continue discussion here.

11. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

Thanks, Arradin. As far as I understand the ToS and the rules, any sort of exploiting, farming or leveling services are not allowed because those can badly imbalance the game. But players trading real money items or renting out real estate I always understood was ok. Somewhere in the roadmap for the game is even stated a feature to facilitate room rentals in houses. There are a lot of players who have difficulty up fronting the money for a big pledge or who just can't participate in the land rush because of their RL time schedule or because they join the game late. Others just don't want to take the risk to commit to the game with a purchase, maybe don't know how long they really want to play. We are trying to help those players with a rental option.

Hornpipe and Arradin like this.
  12. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

We are claiming manually like everyone else. But I wonder how you claimed several of the best castles in the game, including the one in Central Brittany, within minutes. Maybe you are suspecting others to use your own exploits? Speaking for ourselves I can only clearly say that we condem macroes, cheats or any other tools or game exploits.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  13. Lained

Lained Avatar

Why would one case be strange,? Assuming they used multiple players and given the low number of top level backers even multiple cases wouldn't be let alone suspicous. I've lost out and also claimed first during this and past releases, it's just chance.
    I think you should be more clear that you don't.

Greyfox likes this.
  14. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

Thanks. I confused two English words, lol. Corrected :)

Lained and Greyfox like this.
  15. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I think this landrush is more fun than the mini-rush. I remember sitting in Brittany Central during the mini-rush and having a LOTM run up and claim the city lot (I was a Duke, but all the Duke keeps had already been claimed by LOTMs)... I had been camped for two hours on that city lot and moments before the window for RF Dukes opened up, a LOTM blue falconed my city lot. I was able to run down the hill and claim the other city lot that I had scoped out - but it was sooo frustrating to have that happen to me. Although, I did learn a valuable lesson... always have a backup plan.

There's really no need to start witch hunts, and outright insinuating people are cheating is bad form. Things are only going to get worse as more and more groups hit their windows. Portalarium has tools and server logs to identify cheaters... there's really no reason for us to start turning on each other.

Saosis and Lained like this.
  16. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

Maybe then we should just relax and not suspect each other of whatever. We also tried to get the castle in Brittany, one of the nicer keeps in Estates, a castle in Estates or Warfs and failed all those with others being faster. Same for a ton of places we targeted. We were lucky with the city lots in Central Brittany and we actually gave up the chance to claim a keep elsewhere for each of those city lots we claimed in Central.

Jatvardur and Lained like this.
  17. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Fair enough. Gaming for cash naturally raises suspicion. I bought my RF merge from your group and appreciate your services. So long as the game isn't disrupted, no problems. In fact speculation helps all for a successful game. So long as the game comes first.

If I were renting, my preference would be for the "little" guy.

Whyterose Flowers and Tahru like this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Taking all 4 city lots in CB is poor form. Other people paid for those spots too. Too darn greedy. Then the timing of your ad here could not be more inconsiderate. Should have at waited until the land rush is over. Basically put a bulls eye on yourself.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Let's make this less about discussion and what is for rent please. Trade buy/sell posts are for immediate Q&A, not general discussion and debate.

20. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Being able to boycott for consumer protection is a just as valid an activity after taking every lot in a town. Nobody deserves immunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.