R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I feel the same way. I almost lived in Harvest, but my boyfriend and I ended up in Point West (thankfully there's a seemingly new bridge between one of the rivers that was separating us from the land mass between Harvest and Point West previously) with a lot I absolutely love, straight off the entrance, right off the water without a water lot in front of me, view of a nice island city lot someone claimed, and a waterfall just past it. I hope they don't unclone it too much at this point, I wouldn't mind having slightly different shrubbery or NPC houses/shops, but to change it too much now that these towns are becoming more populated, and now that there are fewer desirable places to move to should you NOT like future changes to the town, are extremely limited.

Maybe I'll put together a thread in the Wishlist section asking devs to keep certain aspects of our cloned towns intact. Any thoughts?

Also, I think I'll take another jog around the block and see if I can help update the spreadsheet with a few towns' info... it's been a while since I scoped out how things are going!

Edit: Just made a post in our Wishlist forums here!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Nice, in Harvest (since it's the same map), I'm 'on' that island city lot near the waterfall and it's perfect. Not even a bridge to that one, just a little boat you click on. They have adamantly stated that they will not move lot locations post-wipe. Yes, I know that. But when they say 'terrain', what does that mean, exactly? If the lake around me suddenly dries up one day, I'm not gonna be too happy (putting it lightly). Sure, my lot is in the same x,y position, but if the area around me is changed, isn't that essentially the same as moving it?

Thanks for the post. I'll be sure to add my wish to it!

Mykll, Tahru and zyxe like this.
  3. Rustic Artisan

Rustic Artisan Avatar

Peoples,

Updated the Harvest counts.... not much movement on the numbers......

Rustic

smack likes this.
  4. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

You and I have had this discussion before, but for everyone else I have the lot on the top of the waterfall he's talking about on the graff island copy of the map. And I picked it specifically because the geography dictated that it would never have neighbors spoiling the view (imagine my horror when I saw what happens when 3 people put lighthouses on all the water lots below it on another copy). If the lot lost its elevation I would by truly truly unhappy.

I will never truly have neighbors based on what they have said (both land lots on either side are now in fact taken..you have to try to see them). But take a look at what they have done with that map on estgard, it gives me..pause they put a wall around the entire city area, and the copy of my lot now has a mossed over watch tower in front of it(in that case it fits, since the owner is a hippy with some cute little green house like the hobbit hole...I have a dark tower with a 10 foot high black fence with no gate on the front).

(now I love the in progress shots they have done for the zone for R34..but I'm pretty sure not everyone is going to be happy with the changes to their zone.)

Mykll and Baalice like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

Went ahead and did a full update of the NPC towns and PRTs last night. As expected, the numbers didn't change much with the exception of a few errors. There were some errors on the PRT sheet that I fixed and that brought the total number down.

Still, only 65% of NPC towns have been claimed. Worse still, only 9% of PRTs. I really hope somewhere on that roadmap is an acceleration of uncloning of all of these towns...

Also, it will be interesting to see how the upcoming raffles changes things. As they're raffling off an enormous amount of POT-only deeds, it's possible that some existing POT land owners that used their place-anywhere deeds in POTs may win and perhaps swap the two and grab open land in NPC/PRTs.

That said, it's one thing to have a high percentage of lot claims in a town, but it's another to see them occupied and not as ghost towns. Perhaps we need generic travelling NPCs in PRTs too?

6. Rustic Artisan

Rustic Artisan Avatar

Updated the numbers for Harvest. Again not much movement.....

Rustic

Spoon, smack, Saosis and 3 others like this.
  7. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Thats curious since Harvest will be one of the 'big cities' in the game. Release 33 Instructions had this statement in it:

"...All wagon, boat, and balloon teleporters that point to the overworld, story scenes, big city scenes (like Brittany or Harvest), or adventure scenes use new, “special” versions of scene teleporters..."

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  8. reuge

reuge Avatar

I think focusing the effort on meeting the launch date and making the game more beginner friendly would be the key to fill up these ghost town.

We need more fresh blood.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.