Official Housing Tax Rates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lighthouse13

Lighthouse13 Avatar

I am sooooo very sorry. I was told b4 the increases on the Lot taxation that it was 100gold per day for a Row,
    200 gold per day for a Village, and etc. etc. And that you could pay in coto's to pay off in-game taxable lots. I
    was told that 1-coto per day for a Row, and 2-coto's per day for a village and so on. My deepest apologies for
    getting my Info incorrectly or was misinformed.

Stahlknecht, Kara Brae and Bow Vale like this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

There was no mention of that in your post Kaptain...Just some picture and some figures...as shown above.....
    And basing your facts on what one out of 300+ POTS is charging, the most expensive by far i imagine...doesn't really give a fair representation of the costs involved, when 99% of them are free and the other 0.99% of them will i imagine be negligible...

Edit: Just seen your further posts explaining your errors. Ok.....Well this your lucky day as you now about $900 a year better off from your figures..go out and celebrate...get drunk and bash some heads :)

Kaptain Kaveman likes this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ah here we go.
    Well ok your math isn't off in that case.
    But almost all PoT Owners offer up the lots for free. Plus we have enough Land in npc and prt towns for all sold deeds plus 30%.
    So i guess you can leave that out of your calculation.

4. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

new player wont own houses to beginn with so there is no problem

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

If it calms and helps you in some way i will offer you a marker in Drakenhof for free. As long as the game is online and running.
    There you go.

6. Lighthouse13

Lighthouse13 Avatar

tyvm I am set. No need for a marker. Was trying to illustrate that most 25+ age bracket most likely
    won't spend approx. $ 300.00 a year to rent from a 3rd party shop web-site for a Marker only.
    Thats all :D

Removing all of my posts except my apology ones.:cool:

Besides, Yes indeed it's party time!!!:p

Time to celebrate, get drunk, and start to have some serious Fun;)

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

You are welcome.
    And that dosen't invalid your point.
    Paying 300 to a 3rd Party Service is much.
    Too much for the average player I would say.

8. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

At least 17 people converted city lots to credits.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

*Shrugs* happens if you speculate.
    And the whole tax topic was speculation untill recently.

10. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

High taxes will cause an economy where players use their properties as hotels where they charge other players 'room rent' via a paypal subscription for $4 a month. Those basements sure have a lot of rooms... Who will open the first Hotel Britannia?

And just for clarification so there is no misunderstanding: I am joking here.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  11. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I don't think you're that far off the mark. I'm putting up great halls and airships on my biggest properties and fully intend to sort out habitable rooms in the basements. Of course, I have no idea how it will work ... permissions, decoration limits, etc... it's all up in the air - but the space is definitely there.

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Why do people balk at living in a POT because the Governor can evict them, but are very keen on the idea of renting rooms?

NRaas, uziraff, StevieD and 2 others like this.
  13. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I feel like, much similar to the /zone command being available for far too long. A lot of people got used to not paying any taxes, and then paying almost negligible taxes. Let's face it, the addon deeds were a much cheaper option compared to pledges. I ended up melting my extra town feed myself as I'm not sure I wan to pay the taxes on that anymore lol. That was before I realized you could pay it COTOs though. I banked like 120k worth in tax credit but I only have a village and row which are taxable now compared to a town and 2 villages all taxable. (Those tax free POT BUNDLES came at a great time for me btw)

14. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Because the value risk associated with getting evicted out of a room is far less than the value risk associated with loosing your lot right. You can sell your lot right in Brittany for gold, you can't sell your lot right in a POT because it is not yours. If you rent a private room in a Castle, you get a room/base of operations to organize your gear (you keep your most valuable stuff in the bank).... and oh yeah.... did I mention you live in a friggin Castle?... And economically speaking, when price goes down, quantity demanded goes up; the $1 a week (I'm just throwing that out there) cost of living in a Castle/Keep is far lower than the cost of buying a deed, buying a house, and the opportunity cost of being able to do other things because you have to grind to get gold to pay your taxes. Your most valuable asset of living in a room is 'time' to do other things.

15. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I see my lot claim expires in 11 days. Where exactly does one pay lot taxes? I see nothing under lot setting options. Kinda frustrating that it isn't explained in game. Are taxes automatically deducted from my character? Any help would be awesome. Loving the game so far! Great work team!

16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Press U key. From the lot deed screen on the bottom is where you can pay taxes.

17. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Much thanks my friend.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  18. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

This definitely seems too high imo. I feel like it should be like 200, 400, etc.

aaronvf and Budner like this.
  19. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I am strongly considering buying a POT Village Lot as I would like to use my tax-free one in an NPC town, and have a second one that I can use for agriculture. I don't mind paying taxes on my second lot- however I'm just not seeing how I am supposed to come up with 1000 gold per day at this particular juncture. Seems like post-persistence I am struggling to muster up 500 gold per day, much less having 1000 left over after everything else.

Perhaps buying a POT deed could come with a tax-free grace period? Or perhaps somebody might offer some tips as to how I can cover rent and still find the game enjoyable..?

At this point, it seems like coming up the real money to buy the COTOs is WAY easier than the in-game gold needed to pay the taxes! $2 vs 7000 gold. :confused::eek:o_O

Even if I were making minimum wage, I could earn $2 in 16 minutes. In 16 minutes of game-time, I've barely arrived at my destination.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  20. aaronvf

aaronvf Avatar

Most likely what they intended.

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.