Yesterdays Telethon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sea Hunter, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I just wanted to say to @DarkStarr , @Chris , @Berek and of Course @Lord British.
    Thank you VERY much for a great Telethon. I was there for most of it, and really had a great time. Not to mention all the money I spent! LOL
    The new items we will be getting are going to be awesome! I can't wait :) So once again thank you to those mentioned above and EVERYONE I did not mention behind the scenes. Here's to the next one!

tazntaylr, Valdor, Dantuin and 15 others like this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank YOU for watching and supporting the project! We love running these telethons, as they help us to connect closer with our community. To the next livestream event!

3. Draco

Draco Avatar

It was fun to see you so blitzed heh.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I want to thank Chris and Starr for not being to drunk that late at night and actually give us a good surprise for PvP!

Dantuin and Tahru like this.
  5. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm not even here in SotA for PVP, but the news that was presented was fantastic news. Making PVP scenes forced multiplayer is a great move, the news about a PVP town (maybe multiple towns), open dialog about risk/reward, and the Freudian slip about factions... can't wait to see how this all pans out!

Dantuin, Ravicus Domdred and Tahru like this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I hope that @Lord British2 gets his way and we can have Cannibal Town! I do think this would be another npc pvp town!

7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

New crafting recipe... elbow macaroni

Albus, Rhunen and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I like the way you think!

9. Rhunen

Rhunen Avatar

Only missed about 30 minutes of it between a shower and when my wife made me leave the house... but I managed to watch it on the cell phone while out :) (At least between dead spots in the cell network here)

Can't wait to serenade Kiln with my new bagpipes. The neighbors will love me!

10. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I am fine with them making the PVP zones multiplayer only; that part makes perfect sense. I am also fine with you increasing crafting drops in these zones as long as nothing special ONLY drops in these zones. I should be able to get it without going into your PVP zones; just maybe not as fast (although not slower than an distracted toddler can gather either).

I just want to make sure the promise to those that don't want to PvP is kept and we are not forced to PvP to finish quests, improve PVE skill lines, special crafting mats not related to PvP, or best PVE mob drop loot. I also hope the avoidance of the PVP areas does not cause a cost of COTOs or other expenses I would not normally have had to pay to avoid PVP areas by going into Single player or Friends Online. Hopefully it is early enough to move quests that may take place in PvP areas out of them or make them instances we can choose to enter from the entrance to these zones. I have total faith in you guys making it a good experience for all types of players!

Please also keep in mind that players are generally a tougher target than an NPC and keep that in mind when trying to balance skills for PVE and PvP. Nerfing us in PVE because PVP can't stand to be rooted/stunned or dotted for X time is not fair to the PVE players. To help that cause I suggest PVP skill lines, potions crafted with PVP only resources from these zones, some quest rewards may give temporary bonuses to some spells/damage types, quests where you can turn in player killed heads for a special trophy to encourage more players, etc.

It would also be great if a discussion of what to expect in PvP areas (what happens to a player that is killed/player that kills another player) was clarified and posted so we know what to expect if we do decide to join our very competitive fellow gamers.

I would love some clarification at least so we know what to expect; I know I have some guild mates that are concerned @DarkStarr or @Chris

Dantuin and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do not think you will be forced into anything. I remember reading or hearing something lately that they are working on ways to make pve never have to do pvp in the storyline. Everything will be a choice. I hope @Chris or @DarkStarr respond to you for clarification. :) I want pvp in this game but also realize its consensual. I hope we both can have the best of both worlds :)

Dantuin and enderandrew like this.
  12. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Hopefully it will be fun enough where you guys can all show me how to be something other than just bait one of these days, but for now, I have been burned badly and don't feel like repeating the encounter.

13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

well for me I have always been more of a RP/PvP person. I have always needed a reason to attack anyone. I just like living in a world where people can attack you, and that is not always pleasant, but I have in the past gained the respect of pk's and by doing so earned a certain respect. Of course it does not always work that way as some people will never be respectful. But I try not to take it personally and just RP the situation. For me it is really just a game, but I like to get lost in it. I would love to just write the stories from my daily encounters and build a library from it :)

Dantuin likes this.
  14. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I am sure people would love to read your stories. You should totally do that! Respectful PvPers are great; sadly I always run into the other kind and my life is stressful enough.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  15. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

Yes, thanks for the fun yesterday it was quite entertaining :)

I also don't PvP, but I agree and honor the idea of "meaningful" PvP for all that want to participate that's awesome and in general, Grats to all the PvP folks, hope it helps to make the game more fun for you all :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Cirsee and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  16. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Oh god, here comes that guy that say's he'll eat you....incoming!!!

Dinsoo and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Only If I am Hungry!! :) or thirsty and if I have a straw!

Dinsoo likes this.
  18. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

oh, you might be thinking of @Dinsoo !

Dinsoo likes this.
  19. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

What new items?

20. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Can someone help me find the point where I'm dancing with Starr :). It's within the 3-9 hour mark...

tazntaylr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.