In regards to housing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charlesscott1103, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

I know that they did it this way. But seeing as how this entire game is community funded, I would like to think that the DEVS will take it in consideration that perhaps most of the population can't afford to be spending $20/$30 a month to play the game and keep their house.

Duffy and Hawkshield like this.
  2. Franko1982P

Franko1982P Avatar

Change the cost of house taxes this is damn ridiculous!

Kaisa likes this.
  3. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

Bump. We can not let these issues die!

Franko1982P likes this.
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Avatar

The tax levels are stupid, I'm still low level and have no intention of placing my village house until the tax comes down. There's no way I'm grinding 7k a week just to pay rent; if they think I'm going to pay with coto's think again!

Kaisa likes this.
  5. Dung

Dung Avatar

I took my first house down because I can not make enough gold to pay the tax. Considering that I paid real money for the house, I consider the tax to be fraudulent. If I buy a house I do not do that so that I can admire the deed sitting in my bag I do it so I can live in the house and right now there is no chance. playing the game to make money to pay tax is not my idea of a great game, it sucks big time

Duffy, Vagabond_Sam and Ravenwing like this.
  6. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

We want a dev response!

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I agree, taxes are too high, for those who have to pay them ....

8. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

3500g is about 1½ hours of play, what is the benefit for those that put down $100's for a tax free deed if taxes is gonna cost next to nothing?
    Will we get a 2nd tax free deed as compensation?

manufacturedsoul likes this.
  9. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Even if I COULD make that much gold per hour, that is 10.5 hours a week of nothing but farming ONLY for the tax. I have several tax free lots and I lose nothing if others have an easier time with their taxes, I spent that money to support/build the game not to be a "have" instead of a "have not."

Duffy, Kaisa, 3dmark and 1 other person like this.
  10. Franko1982P

Franko1982P Avatar

How the hell do the developers expect noobs or casuals to pay taxes on this game? Furthermore, why do I have to grind hours for gold just to have it? I cant even enjoy the game because, I'm too busy farming/working to pay rent! This game makes me feel like I'm working a minimum wage job, paying for an apartment in Los Angeles. Answer these posts Devs! I'm kicking myself in the ass for donating $350 to something I cant enjoy...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Kaisa likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well it is just to difficult to say how it will all look when the system is complete. There are ways to get around it to provide some space for other players for now. We just have to be creative. The Devs have many, many jiras (to do lists) with items that are not yet in the game.

We created a residents lot in Wizards Rest. Residents can use the vendor and the proceeds go to their bank. Permissions on chests are not all completed but we can work with it as it is now. If in a trusted situation, many players will offer beds and chest situation to help others. I know it is not a perfect world, but we have always had to be creative with this game as it is still in development. Once you look at it like that then you can get creative.

No one is saying don't have your great ideas and make sure they are heard, but in the meantime join forces, or do what you need to do to get the most enjoyment out of an incomplete game. Those of us who have scepters to lower taxes with our pledges can use our scepters on lots and make co-owners on tax free lots. These scepters take 50% off the taxes. We don't always know the whole picture atm but we are definitely a creative bunch. ;). Coming from the Chicken room and not anything else in the game at that time but a character, a chicken and a room, yikes. I've been here since Nov 2013. Let me know if I can help. I am Majoria in the game.

12. Diedrich

Diedrich Avatar

Perhaps, casual players are not meant to have homes.

Housting in SotA is not instanced. Those pixels are precious.

13. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Maybe should consider that taxes currently are probably not set for casual player currently? Would think up to now data has been provided by the not-so-casual that have been playing for over 2-3 years in this still-being built game. After all, this is all they had up to now to base their calculations on.o_O

So the current "casuals" that are coming in now, if they're playing (hopefully they are), should probably be showing the devs some new numbers as to what a "new casual player" is capable of earning/doing with current play. Hopes there might be an adjustment for taxes with this in consideration if needed - likes to think there will be as they did say taxes are based on what players are suppose to be able to earn. Sooner the better?:)

Ice Queen, Kaisa and Ravenwing like this.
  14. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

DarkStarr's words. This statement was made and the tax estimated based off mid level characters that were able to make 7-8k an hour. They have nerfed all the loot/vendors that buy loot without adjusting the tax. Hence the reason so many people are upset.

We want a DEV response! Anywhere ANY thread about this issue! PLEASE! At least just tell us you are aware and it will be fixed!

15. Sir. Laurence Oliphant

Sir. Laurence Oliphant Avatar

Pay real money to play well or grind from start, nice... o_O
    Is this equal for SP mode?

16. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I think Row lot taxes should be 250g per day based on their square footage vs other lots (1/4 the size of village), keeping other tax rates the same.

x_Selene_x likes this.
  17. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I'm 100% certain I could create a new char and get money for skills + rent first day.. I get that it probably comes easier for some but hey that's how they got their numbers... looking at average earning rates.

In case you didn't know, making it cheaper lessens other people's experience.

18. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

I believe the taxes are probably to high at the moment but it is really hard to tell what will happen as the game progresses. I really think the devs will continue to balance things out over the next several months as the economy develops.

Also, those of us that are already over level 55 and can easily farm level 5 zones find it much easier to make gold then new and casual players. I am also not sure the intent was for everyone to own a home especially if you only play a couple hours or so a week. Renting might be a better option if the devs can make it a safe system for the renters.

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm pulling in between 500 to 1k per hour. I think most players could do that easily enough. New players would probably be closer to 500 an hour than 1k an hour.

Looking at paying 500 gold per day, that would require someone to put in 30 hours per month minimum (doing nothing else) to pay for taxes. So I agree that the current rate is too high to support casual players.

In R32 it wasn't this way, people could easily make 10k an hour. But in R33 that's changed dramatically, and even if you're running a business and raking in the dough you will find 500 gold per day to have an impact that is a bit draining. What makes it very difficult on the devs is that if they lower the rate and in R34 it becomes much easier to obtain gold, the mob will not be happy to see the tax rate go back up to balance this out.

Right now it probably makes sense to cut the tax rate in half. So 250 gold per day, which is something most players can make in 30 minutes of playing time. But the balance of this is what's most important and honestly looking at it from that perspective I think the devs have created a real problem for themselves because it's hard to see how this will ever be balanced well.

Cordelayne, Womby, 4EverLost and 4 others like this.
  20. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

I would think that high taxes and the difficulty making gold is intentional so that people buy COTO's to pay the rent and Port gets income. I cannot see the rate being lowered or gold getting easier to farm.

Cordelayne and Kaisa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.