In regards to housing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charlesscott1103, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I don't have much of a pony in this race (I have a tax-free deed), but it's an interesting discussion and I think a real problem in game.

Would it perhaps be possible to adjust the daily taxes to a percentage, based on the player's adventurer level? This way a new player would have low taxes, and therefore wouldn't be too put out, and a higher level player would pay more, but of course not be as effected by the higher rate?

Just a thought.

Kaisa, 4EverLost and Phiedrus Oliva like this.
  2. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

That would make any tax-free deed same value as a non tax-free deed, and I could just have gotten me a keep deed for the same price.

People would just place their ownership of their lot on an alt account with a level 1 adventurer.

Womby, zyxe and 4EverLost like this.
  3. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

To be clear, my own house is tax-free, so I have no skin in this game.

But... 1 hr / day = 30 hours/month play just to finance their house. That seems awfully high. I'm sure there are a lot of people who won't be playing as much as 30 hours/month total.

Acred, Kaisa, Ice Queen and 3 others like this.
  4. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Should the normal/majority players (1 boxers) be punished for the misbehavior of the abnormal/minority players (multiboxers)?

Phiedrus Oliva and Ice Queen like this.
  5. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

That isnt quite fair, as there was no hint what taxes would be like or if they would be fair or onerous.

Kaisa and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

People picked the tax-free deed for a reason, if the taxes is going to be so low that it removes the benefit to have a tax-free deed, then I think those people should get something in return, so if you bought a tax-free row lot you should get $200 store credit since that would be the price difference.

Do I think the difference should be so greatly as it is now with tax-free vs non-tax-free? no, but there should be a clear difference. A five min old newbie should not be able to pay the tax on anything above row lot in 1 hour by adventuring in high vale.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also not to forget there are a zillion ways to make gold other than grinding. This is a game to be creative in. Do what you love and make money. set up a homeless, shelter, have a bake sale. Chris did say it was unbalanced, so try a little patience guys. Put a cache chest on your lot for donations. Don't just close your mind to the opportunities because something isn't going exactly your way. We don't always know everything and especially in regards to the whole picture at this point of development. So give your thoughts, and sometimes perhaps try to imagine you might not know the whole picture, especially in a game like this that is still in development. You have a fantastic community, many of us will help if we can, try us. And thank you @Chris for jumping into the mob. ;)

Lord Baldrith and Elwyn like this.
  8. Vescovo

Vescovo Avatar

My problem with being told to be patient is, once again, the onus is on me to grind a ridiculous amount, OR pay USD just to hold my spot while they "figure it out". Why does the burden fall on me, the consumer, and supporter with my hard earned money?

Ice Queen and Cordelayne like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I wasn't targeting you. I have been here since 2013 and no combat, no world, no anything. It is reality, it does take patience, believe me I know. I or anyone would help you with your pain. This game is not like every other game. There is so much dimension, so much community. You can plant your whole lot and watch it grow while you are off socializing or jamming on instruments with others. I am not devaluing your comments or you, they are so valid. I am Majoria in the game if I can ever assist you or to just say hello.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  10. Vescovo

Vescovo Avatar

Oh no, majoria, i didn't take it as targeting or anything like that. You just hear patience preached a lot around here, so i was offering my counter to that. That wasn't directed at you, just more of a comment in a vacuum.

Ice Queen, Cordelayne and majoria70 like this.
  11. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

So now everything needs to be spelled out?!? Do you need your hand held when you cross the street as well? Get real! Weather the cost was spelled out or not is irrelevant. If you or anyone else chose a taxable deed you made a conscious decision to pay less $$ to port for a pledge but still wanted a nice deed. Now you want people who paid the higher pledge prices for non-taxed deeds to be punished cause you have to spend time earning gold to pay said taxes?!?! Absolutely NOT!

12. mmoredfalcon

mmoredfalcon Avatar

So I made a $65 pledge then later on bought a village deed at $135 (during a promo sale value $200). Either way, that is still $200 investment. And this was done before taxes were even discussed, so I was assuming a small tax..no big deal. Yes not the same as putting up the 550 for a tax free plot of the same size. Sure there should be a tax, and I have no problem with one. But do I want to spend %90 of my game time grinding to pay taxes? Is that fair to anybody either. It is basically saying to all of the customers who invested in this game, 'You didn't spend as much so you aren't allowed to enjoy or participate in the game.'
    I agree, the higher tier payers should have a few benefits...but those of us who invested our money into this game years ago, took the same risk with the RL money we could afford at the time as those who dumped more money into the game. But now because we didn't dump $300 + into the game, all we have to look forward to is a grind for taxes game or spend more money in the cash shop to pay for rent on something we bought years ago. Nobody will buy the account when they know all they will be doing is grinding for 40hrs to pay taxes. So essentially I am now out RL money because the house and game I invested in decides I am not good enough to enjoy the game like the more wealthy RL people.

Hawkshield, BiggieD and zyxe like this.
  13. mmoredfalcon

mmoredfalcon Avatar

Nothing needs to be spelt out...I was fully aware of a tax in game. Those who paid more for a tax free plot, good for them. This isn't about gettin rid of the tax...it is about making the tax affordable so people who spent the money can actually participate and enjoy the game. Why should it be 30-40 hrs of game time just to pay taxes? We still pledged...we still invested money. Our money still counts as going towards the development of this game. So by your standards, we should be punished because we decided not to invest as much money into the game. We deserve not to enjoy the game, but just look forward to grind for tax money. I think if you put money into the game, there is no excuse by devs to bleed us for more money.

Ice Queen likes this.
  14. mmoredfalcon

mmoredfalcon Avatar

So you're saying, 'You invested the money, not enouph...so TFB.' Great attitude, that will win over any noobs wanting to join the game in the future. Just tell em, don't bother joining unless you got a big wallet...this game is only for the rich kids.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

If you would have bothered to read it all, you would know that I did say that taxes was to high.
    There should be a clear difference on the deeds when the price difference was so big, those that chose the tax-free deeds should feel they got something for their money aswell?
    Maybe we could add another figure to the tax-free deeds? There is two sides of the coin here, you cant expect that the difference should be minor when the price wasnt.

16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Well, I quite like having my hand held when I cross the street, you don't???? Lol...Relax bro, the OP said nothing about punishing those of us with tax-free lots. He is merely expressing his personal frustration with the game, in this capacity.

zyxe, Ice Queen and Kaisa like this.
  17. AceBenSuited

AceBenSuited Avatar

This is great, just means my 2 tax free row lots and tax free village will go for huge amounts on feebay.

18. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

What about tax-free deeds has access to 10 story basements and taller houses? Twice as many vendors?
    non-tax-free deeds would pay five COTOS for moving their lot to another location each time?

I am sure if some of those features were added to the tax-free deeds, people would be more willing to agree on lower taxes.

19. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

All the ways you listed are gold transfers and not a way to "make gold other than grinding".
    Which means if everyone or even the majority did as you suggest the economy would run out of money, because with no original gold creation (grinding) eventually the game will sink all the gold out of the economy.
    (basically you need someone else to grind their share, and your share too, to pay your rent without grinding)

If the average level 40 player is supposed to earn 1k gold per hour, and they are targetting 30 hours per month just for village lot taxes.
    plus the expenses of grinding 30 hours (repairs, equipment replacement, reagents, arrows).

Unless you are on a pledge account with founder gear, and tax free deeds, basically your looking at 40 hours a month playing taxes, or expenses to earn tax money.

I would agree with you "a little bit of patience" is required, but not when @Chris basically says, yup these are the numbers, and looks right, except for some areas that pay more or less than the target.
    Really I mean the whole point of the game is to have a house, but at these rates, a house is job, and I really don't see us attracting many new people to SotA if they know that they will need to grind 40 hours a month just to break even every month.

20. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

So much this.:)

Acred and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.