What wrong with us Adult Player! What happend to us in MMOGAMES!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Humans are... interesting, I'll give you that. But this is exactly what I was talking about. The hard line, black and white, this is not gaming attitude. Great, I'm glad you like what you like but don't crap all over what I like in the process. There's a lot more to PvE than hoping a mob gets stuck on the scenery or can't reach you and you cheese the encounter. I wouldn't do it but that's just me personally.

Point is, playstyles. Say your piece, man, but seriously, if you tell people how they like to play is wrong, what kind of responses to you think you'll get? It's your opinion, that's it. Call it for what it is and move on.

Also, yes, I did play DAoC. One of my favorite MMOs. RvR was great, it felt like it had a purpose, it wasn't just an arena. You had to take keeps to balance the power in your realm that you could track on the website. However, I also loved the PvE and story in that. Was that part not gaming? I just want to be sure I've been playing right the last 30+ years or so.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Tahru, Ravicus Domdred and Travitar like this.
  2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

You quoted wonderful out of context of the complete talk.

I talk about an example having all our gaming styles accepted.

And never said: PvE is not fun. Maybe just that I find Humans more fun.

Do not accuse me of things i never saud.

Qute me please where i tell "how you like to play" is wrong?

I said: I believe , not you play wrong.

And you also missunderstood my OP message.

Actually are opinions are much closer then you think.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Tahru and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Ya I am just a throwback. I often wonder what would happen if we had to go to war and defend our people in real life what would happen. Would the men stand up or would the women stand up? Would they fight side by side or would both cower. Its just philosophical I guess. I did not mean to go into this tangent so I will quit derailing this thread now hehe.

Moiseyev Trueden, Tahru and Baalice like this.
  4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Same for me.

We talked. We had different views.

It got heated. Always good.

Boring if all have the same views.

Respect you all and wish all of us to find what they are looking for in the game.

Peace and Hug Baalice.

Just a Gamer, a soft minded in reality i am.
    And i am not someone who does not change a mind resulting out of such talks.

Tahru, Ravicus Domdred and Baalice like this.
  5. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Well, I did read and thought I understood the OP and certainly didn't mean to misquote you. Honestly, I am having trouble with the language a bit. I apologize if I misunderstood you but that is how it read to me anyway.

Have a good night.

Tahru, Ravicus Domdred and Myrcello like this.
  6. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I believe most gamers have become lazy and like their games spoon fed to them unfortunately.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

Because "stable" and "fast" are contributors to "fun". It IS the third step in the process... because that's the goal. You can't work on "fun" without a solid foundation.

Being positive has nothing to do with this.

It can be whatever it wants to be but it's being sold as an Role-Playing Game. From that, I'm expecting a crafted and/or dynamic adventure, not a glorified chat-room with monsters in it.

Just having monsters lying around doesn't magically make it a video game unless they're clearly obstacles to your objectives. Control Points are a good example of what I mean: the goal is to cross them and there's obviously some obstacles but everybody skips them. Why? Because is merely a function right now.

I'm currently playing Vanilla Bagel: The Roguelike. It's being sold as a full released game despite the game screaming "work in progress". The combat is not properly tuned, the difficulty is all over the place and a lot of the systems aren't clearly defined but I'm having a absolute blast playing it. Why? Because combat serves a purpose and there's actually some thought involved to solve problems. Not in the "talk to as many NPCs as possible to get the crucial (and obscure) information" kind of way but the "how and I going to come out alive?"

I recommend everyone reading this to play the boardgame "Betrayal at House on the Hill". It's a perfect example of a game that inspires Role-play without forcing it while presenting clear goals and offering plenty of obstacles. It is the game that has dominated our tabletop sessions.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  8. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

If we are talking about an abstract concept of a game, in reality, practically everything in the world can be portrayed as a game.
    Anything where you have an objective goal and a way or ways to obtain the said goal is basically a game.
    Driving a car is a game, working a job is a game, even talking to people is a game, etc.
    Many of these even have rules to follow as well, and various modifiers. For example, when interacting with people, it is often said that "first impressions" are more important than later ones, so early interactions have a higher modifier value than later ones.

In fact, the science of decision making and behavioral relations is actually called "game theory".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Great thread, and great posts ! You know what I think... I think we could have all had fun before even priority 1... we harnessed only 10% of the playerbase imagination and we put limits on it from the get go, thats why I kept hammering that we forgot about D&D by losing perspective because of UO's emotional charge/discharge.

You put the finger on the wound Myrcello...

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats a fun tangeant, but in reality it can only be a game when the rules are known and well defined, in social interactions you are dealing with way too many unknowns, I speak for myself I know, but everytime I challenge or try to spark someone into philosophy I will be very, very careful of how insistant I am because I do not know the depth of said person, or how important they might be for my immediate or "astral" environement ; and there is karma which is hard to catch mentally as well because of its fluctuations and interconnections.

So life is not a game, not even your dreams ; it could be a fatal logical error in many cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.