XP LOW Warning message is freaking me out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

to reiterate i made a small graph comparison... (this is not based on actuall numbers, just an illustration)

[​IMG]

early on you need little xp and gain a lot of proficiency for any level. as levels raise the needed xp becomes more and more and the proficiency per level becomes less.

Julian Baskerville likes this.
  2. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

For the most part I am focused on three trees only (Bludgeon, Earth and Healing) and nothing is past the second level for skills. Fighting monsters that are orange most times and still cannot keep up with XP. Imagine when I get these skills up to 40 and move to third tier skills.

Rilman, Nhili Dragon and Tahru like this.
  3. Rilman

Rilman Avatar

Perhaps I don't understand the system fully, but why would I lock all my skills to earn XP, then have to do the grind all over again just to spend it?
    That doesn't seem very efficient to me, or very fun. Surely it's better, or as good, to just unlock the skills you want and just play the game?

The problem I have is there's not enough xp for kills, but that is not going to make me do everything twice. This just feels like a barrier to playing to me and a very poor system. It feels like something a ftp Asian MMO would have in their game.

Edit:

On a related note, I was making Iron ingots yesterday and it was costing me xp to do it. How stupid is that? So now I have to make some ingots, stop and then craft something to get the pool up to make more ingots.

It's just making me jump through hoops and it's annoying. I can't see myself continuing with this for long.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Sargon, Gix and Nhili Dragon like this.
  4. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

Exactly and this was supposed to be a sand box game but we are required to quest for experience. If I want to make things for my self I can't kill things and gather resources and as a casual player this is not working for me. Maybe if I wait for a few months for more things are settled. I know the Devs are working hard and are talented. I can't help but wonder if Unity might be the problem .

Rilman likes this.
  5. Gix

Gix Avatar

Let me assure you that the game engine has nothing to do with this.

6. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

I stopped questing a long time ago and I manage to keep a pool of experience between 15-35k all the time. There is no need to quest in this game to raise your skills - total myth. I am farming easily the 4 skull zones as a leather squishy solo and having a blast. Granted I take targeted strikes at the skills I want, I certainly don't have everything pointed up. Far from it. Not when I'm trying to get proficient with certain skills that are critical to the strategy of my character, that would be a total waste of time in my opinion.

Numa and Nhili Dragon like this.
  7. Vescovo

Vescovo Avatar

This was me, until I got some help and corrected my ways.
    1. i was using a deck system, but I was spamming skills, I had no idea that you could combo skills onto the same skill. Once i was told that, i started only using skills if it had at least 2 stacks on it. This decreased my focus use and conserved a lot of it.
    2. i was fighting oranges as well. i was taking so long to kill them and using so many skills that i was burning too much xp before i could kill it, or i would die, or run away so all i did was burn my pool and gain nothing back.
    3. Get any skills you want to 40, then start adjust the arrows and what you're gaining at a time. If you have on main weapon combat, shut off everything else. If you have main weapon combat locked, just turn on a few skills and go kill some yellows and see if you were net positive or net negative.
    4. If you're farming gold, hunt greens or yellows and shut off all your skills. Get a nice XP pool to use later. If you're actively training, see #3 and go to a place where you can handle 2-3 yellows. They'll die fast, you'll get XP and you'll train your skills.
    This was kind of a non thought out ramble, so i hope it helps even a bit.

Numa and Acred like this.
  8. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

I guess I'm not OCD enough because I ran out of XP several times and never noticed it was there until someone mentioned it in the forums.

You know they're coming. Gotta pay for E2.

agra likes this.
  9. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Good suggestions. I've noticed all these things before and played with locking skills as well. You are absolutely correct that this works. My issue is that we shouldn't need to jump through hoops like that if we are only focusing on two or three of the trees. If I was trying to do five, six or more then I'd understand.

The average player is probably not going to want to execute complex changes to their skills every time they go do something different so we should look at providing enough xp for the basics.

In any case, I've strayed a bit from the topic of the thread, just saying that the low XP button is always on and I am not going overboard with the skills I've selected. Until that's addressed, this warning is not very useful unless you are willing to play with and adjust the skill tree constantly.

Acred and Rilman like this.
  10. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Lock down your skills, earn XP killing things. Then, rationally work a skill or two up killing things. (controlling XP numbers and learned skills)

Or,

Like I have so far, open all sorts of skills, and watch your XP low sign stick with you. At some point, you are getting a few, random, skill ups, usually not the ones you need/want. I only got my pool built up in a group one afternoon, which helped me clear some sticking points in my skill trees.

I plan to try the first one out this weekend.

Thanks for helping me understand this better.

Numa and Acred like this.
  11. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

My understanding is the same as yours. In the end, your net gain should be the same, so why bother with all the locking and unlocking?

Rilman and Baalice like this.
  12. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

it makes sense to build up a larger pool if youre going to train a costly skill, like taming, or something that has a high reagent consumption. that way more xp per use go into the skill, gaining levels with less uses.

Acred likes this.
  13. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

some skills are better leveled out of combat, and having an XP pool while out of combat can really help. With all of my skills in level up mode, I don't end up with any XP pool to use out of combat, ass there are random skill ups all the time. I suspect it will get smoother once my inmates get to 50, and I put them on hold.

Actually a toggle for use/don't use the XP pool would be useful to me. Instead of having to go through all the trees, just click on or off.

LoneStranger likes this.
  14. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

I really LOVE this button.. its so refreshing..so honest... so poking people on the nose... never seen it though.. hmmm...

15. Rilman

Rilman Avatar

But haven't you already built that pool up from previous uses? Seems like doing everything twice to me.

16. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

Not necessarily, based on the example given by @Fauxpas above. If a skill requires a lot of reagents to train, I can see where it might make sense to build XP using some other skill that doesn't consume reagents, then unlock the reagent-based skill and train it when there is more XP available to be funneled into it.

Acred and Rilman like this.
  17. Malakie

Malakie Avatar

Can someone explain a bit better how this works? How does the XP work that it has to warn you when you are low on XP??

18. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

There is an icon that turns on when you're below a certain amount of xp (2000 i think). xp is used anytime you use a skill. xp is gained through quests and killing things.

Numa likes this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

Thanks for this, my EXP pool has gone down to the low 5k+ and I was worried where the bottom was.

By Tor likes this.
  20. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

A good idea is to turn skills to "maintain" that you don't use a lot until you can get your xp pool back up.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.