XP LOW Warning message is freaking me out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

+1

Stahlknecht likes this.
  2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

The indicator doesn't bother me. It's just that it seems to want me to tune for some meta that I'm not even thinking about. I've gone off some path and am doing something wrong...but what it the right path, and why?

Is it wrong to use a sword one day and a bow the next? I'm not sure why, these should be independent of each other.

Clearly some people have mastered the skills and advancement system. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Cally, Baalice and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Since it makes absolutely no difference what your XP level is, the mere fact that someone has decided to tell you it is below an arbitrary number is evidence that that someone assumes we are all ignorant. My experience is always very low because and only because I choose to keep many skills gaining. It is a perfectly valid strategy and I don't need continual notice of the fact that someone thinks I am wrong. BTW I am 50 plus in the whole polearm tree and most innates are pushing 60. So I vote for the toggle, but am disappointed by the logic that someone is using.

Saosis, helm and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

YES! Why aren't you calling your mother. For God's sake, would it hurt you just to pick up the phone and call her every once in awhile!? She worries, you know....

And for the record, doesn't bother me. There are other things I consider more important that I would like the devs to work on, but it's not that much of a biggy. I agree that there should be a option to toggle it on and off, and I would be very surprised if we dont get one in the near future. I dont see the programmers for this game being that short sited.

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

a mother is a mother by nature! But where is the father, a father would say: Son, nothing is easy in life, you must learn to figure stuff out for yourself..." Where is that in this game?

6. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

Dad's off drinking a pint with some of the other guys at the lodge, it's Thursday ya know. Oh, yeah. Forgot to tell you, your fathers Australian and a lodge member.....obviously.

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

He is setting a good example of how to think for himself, and stay away from all the motherly influence! A good boy would follow this example! :D

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I see it as a hint for those people wondering while they cannot skill up on the gust ball anymore. It could be less obtrusive for sure and it really should not include the pool size.

But, really the only thing in R33 I don't care for is the scifi radioactive glowing ores. I know I just have to accept it though.

Aldo, Godra and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  9. Godra

Godra Avatar

Not to get off topic, but yes @Tahru I agree with the bright colored pinkish hue on the ore nodes. That's more annoying than the low XP flag.

Ravicus Domdred and Tahru like this.
  10. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

yes please lose this button or toggle it to off by default.

and on an unrelated annoyance, if I set the crosshair to invisible, it seems everytime i launch i have to open settings, move the slider up and then back down to make it vanish again. that needs to be fixed so it remember the user's preference setting.

on a positve note: I don't know if it is new, but while wandering in Owl's Head today, the sky got dark, the wind picked up in the leaves and then thunder ... very atmospheric. I had not experienced that weather transition before. very effective. very cool.
    and when I quickly passed through Brittany for the first time...the look and density is great. and performance keeps getting better. more please.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  11. Vidgrip

Vidgrip Avatar

Pointless and annoying. Not the best combo. Lose it or toggle, I say.

12. Womby

Womby Avatar

Rather than add an ugly screen blemish, Portalarium should place a note from the player's doctor in his or her inventory:

"Dear Womby,

How are you? (That was rhetorical - I already know the answer.)
    The results from the tests I conducted during your last visit have arrived.
    I don't wish to get overly technical, but it seems that your adventure XP reading is quite low.

This is usually a sign that the patient is attempting to do too many things at once, and as a result is suffering from exhaustion.
    In your case however it appears to be a result of sitting on your fat behind and writing, rather than getting out and about and doing some adventuring.
    I strongly encourage you to put down your quill and seek outdoor encounters of a vigorous and stimulating nature.
    Judging from your girth I recommend you start with a visit to Kings Road, and work your way up from there.

Yours, etc.
    Doctor Shroud"

Stahlknecht, Alley Oop, Kaisa and 3 others like this.
  13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Not only are the ores radioactive, but so are any items made of copper. My copper headpiece glows yellow too.

Tahru likes this.
  14. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

does this not enable min/max playing? Is this not a role playing game with immersion? There is no endgame so what is the rush and the need for elements to speed up the progress to the top? Please lets stop with the handholding.

15. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

So, can 't have the option of being able to see your xp anywhere other than on super huge skills menu, but can have annoying xp warning message with no toggle. Cool...

Aldo, Fister Magee and Thwip like this.
  16. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Well... I guess it is good motivation to keep ones exp pool up... :confused:
    I'm not a fan either.
    I haven't seen the ore yet, but I'm not sure anything was wrong with the ore...

Tahru likes this.
  17. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Out of curiosity, what is classified as "Low XP"? I usually have 3k in my pool so is that low?

18. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

LOL... You need to put a low EXP pic below your post.

19. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm going to post more feedback on this late, and try to be constructive about it.

But for now, I'll only say I figured out what it reminds me of...
    [​IMG]

And that's not a good thing.

Oh yeah, and...
    [​IMG]

Valion, Nhili Dragon, smack and 3 others like this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think there's a way they can change it to make it much better and I'll make a post on that, but I really dislike the focus on grinding in the game that justifies it being there in the first place.

Yea, and I think the pulsating ores are bad, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.