So...will there be a Baron III level?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by MagiK, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Made it to Lord, and had planned to go to Baron Next month...but they are listed as sold out....so any plan on Baron 3? Its just oo big s jump from Lord to Duke.

2. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Hope I put this in the right forum :)

3. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Would imagine not but they have added additional slots in the past so who knows...

4. Kal Morte

Kal Morte Avatar

I know several people that were willing to shell out the cash, but then Baron was sold out. I see no reason they can't just scale the world up a little bit more and add city lots for all the people that want to hand over their money.

5. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

They Dont have to scale up the World, just the City map. Remember two tier map means that Cities can be huge in the city scale and yet tiny on the world map. Ill understand if they don't but honestly I can't think of a good reason to keep the initial city plots so limited.

6. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello! Thanks for the thread! This reminded us that we had sold out of Baron 2 and needed to look at it. We made sure we had enough room for some more City sized lots and went ahead and added a Baron 3 level! It will be mentioned in our next update.

nightshadow likes this.
  7. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Is it possible to add the current/limit for the other tiers? I know that I'd like to know and others would as well.

thanks!

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Hello Everyone,

All pledges have a limited quantity which is the same (or slightly greater) as the Kickstarter numbers. We have a task to display those numbers in realtime on the website but we just have not gotten to it yet. Hopefully within the next month or so. We still have enough of each pledge for a bit although Knight is quite popular.

-Starr

9. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Well there. I have updated to Baron 3...and that is about as far as my wife will allow..(and then some) :D

10. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

A concern is not just having enough space but rather the rarity of such a level. I'm in two minds about having increased funding to the project which seems to have gone well above expectations (which is great) and then the preservation of rarity (particularly at game start). As so many details are unknown it is hard to get a feel for that latter point. I could say more but I'm currently mulling it over rather than trying to knee-jerk. Will there be a Baron 4 and 5 if there is demand? Having demand is a good thing, but that was already implicit in the KS campaign, as it allows for a potential after release market (which was explicit rather than implicit).

It would also be great to have the numbers in near enough real-time (once a day, or even once a week?). I think transparency on the pledge numbers would be appreciated by all. I note that DarkStarr mentions this, but just adding my opinion. :)

With regards to pledge upgrades, can they be lumpy rather than monthly? I know in principle they can be but how to be sure that it actually counts towards the next level? I have forgotten what was said on this before, apologies.

edit: reflected for a bit. The increase in supply is possibly offset by the price increase for new backers. So there might not be a problem afterall.

11. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

Hey DarkStar. When you get a free chance can you let us know how many Dukes and Lords of the Manor there are?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.