6 skull zones asap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

We need 6 skull and 7 skull zones asap, last month everything went green for alot of us. This month we improved our gear with some crafting, now were using that new gear in already super easy 5 skull zones and its becoming very boring.

Please drop a few s6 and s7 zones as soon as your able, Thank you very much.

2. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

S6 or S7 Zones might be truely needed... but I think there are way more daring issues to be solved before resources should be directed to this one.

Hauk, Kaisa, Solazur and 7 others like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Maybe they should increase the mob strenghts or make our avatars a bit weaker.

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Part of the problem is unless I do the rise(excluding mini boss kills) there is no reason to group, and I enjoy grouping in mmos.

Nerfing all avatars is a solution, but im sure it would be very unpopular.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  5. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

And then cap these players skills so they don't complain 1 month from now that s6 and s7 zones are to easy.

6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Within a month or two of releasing s6 and s7 zones, people would be complaining that they need harder content and want more. It never ends. Happens in every MMO, as there are always be power players that just churn right through it.

At this point in time the devs don't have the time (or manpower) to release harder content while they are still working on getting game systems in place for release.

Denzel, Solazur, Mac R and 5 others like this.
  7. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'd rather they flattened out the power curve.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Over time, you'll need 30 skull zones.

Or make level matter less.

9. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

High skill gains are already fairly flat and slightly punitive.

Best gains are via broadening across all trees initially. Once you have all the good stuff, it will be about +11 gear and T2 MC/Ench and stats

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...mic-balance-changes.61999/page-14#post-658274
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...mic-balance-changes.61999/page-15#post-658414
    This is one of those difficult things for me, because I totally agree that there's too many 100% killable monsters around here. But there seems to be some opposition to adding more difficult content and that comes from the "solo player" styled players who insist that nothing can ever oppose them that can't be solo killed. I don't agree, and there's some concern with the single player content with this issue as well. @Lord_Darkmoon @Aldo @racerx ... maybe if the companions with the Avatar can "sometimes" defeat such a level of creatures it could be more viable.

But I'm crazy about the idea! :D Mostly because I feel there should be some economical boundaries made by such a level of monster.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I was farming 5 skulls fine into adv 83 pre-wipe fine.

We could probably use a 6 skull that can be soloed 80+ that are like current 5 skulls where mobs can be had 1-2-3 at a time.

I think 7 skulls should be large group areas for 70+ that are not solo-able. Meaning a lot of mobs spawning real fast that swarm (like a pass now). In this case, the group is free to roam around an entire zone and adventure instead of jamming itself in the same corner standing on each other (which is actually more a failure of healing in the structure of the game).

8 skull areas the same for maybe lvl 80+ groups the same.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Levels actually dont matter. All they are is a measure of exp made. you could have a person who GM'ed in 5 things and ignored all of the other skills who are actually extremely weak as a adv lvl 70 vs someone who levled 20 skills to 80 and is actually really powerful and also lvl 70.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

The mob power curb(vs how flat it is for players) is a larger issue. I know where to find harder fights, I can't survive them.

I'm al79. If I go to Brittany sewers I can go from a room with 400hp bandits that aren't a threat to 1000hp skeletons one room over that hit for 50, all ranged and there are at least 3 of them. It's a death sentence for a melee character.

And then there is the rise......

I'll admit I'm the opposite I will stay in solo until the day I quit. And that day will be sooner if I can't have fun doing it.

14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It doesn't work that way. It is fast to level 90, slow from 90-100 and months/years effort to rise from there. 6 and 7 skull zones are what the people need for the 80+ progression.

Birne Gilmore, Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  15. Zader

Zader Avatar

In an effort to get more people experiencing more locations of the game that are already in place, they could check their logs for the least visited adventure zone. Populate it with harder mobs and make it the new T6.

16. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I'll take your word for it, since you have GM'd more skills than I likely ever will. But people will still get tired of doing the same content and demand new zones, either way. Bottom line is I don't think the dev team has the time to put something together, aside from just throwing mobs with higher hp that hit harder into a zone and calling that s6 or s7.

But hey, I hope I'm wrong and you guys get what you want :)

17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The real victim here is the 2 or 3 person group play. After about the first 3 or 4 weeks you are punsihed by grouping since its so fast to kill stuff by your self.

There are melee guys in our guild that 2 shot most the tier 5 stuff mages that aoe pull and kill stuff even faster. Its been a while since ive see lfm requests other than top of skill tree mini boss kills.

Themo Lock and Time Lord like this.
  18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Well yeah, its not the solution to everything but it is something we need ^.^

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I increase difficulty and xp gains by gathering huge groups of mobs. Not much benefit for fighting 1 tough mob

Time Lord likes this.
  20. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

If people want to grind, I have no problem with it. But I'd hate to see the game balanced around it. Grinding mobs is just something that happens in games when there's some hole in the content. People run out of quests or other things to do. Maybe it happens because some dragon dropped a rare sword hilt and I need mats to craft the blade.

As I said, I hate to see the power curve not be much flatter. I get the 20 levels of figuring out your class, but it should quickly become cosmetic or just equal choices rather than more power. If power is so important in the game, maybe there should be a big glowing "level 40 adventurer" sitting over my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.