Welcome! (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkticus

Arkticus Avatar

I guess I'll have to drop a post on here too :p I didn't even really know about the Ultima series before Spoony's retrospectives, after which I bought I-VII from GOG. :) While I'm more of a single player type gamer (DAO, NWN 1&2, The Witcher 1&2...), I'm rather curious of the multiplayer in this, so might have to give it a try (what can I say, castle sieges while working together with other players, maybe even as a guild member? How could I not try something like that :D )

So, looking forward to this project and hanging around with the people in here. Let's make this a good one!

monxteri likes this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nice to meet the latest respondent, hi Arkticus!

I've been a big fan of the Ultima series since the beginning, spending countless hours in the MMORPG, Ultima Online. I even still have my 18x18 rune library on the Lake Superior shard! It's been a treasure to keep it for so long.

I can't wait to get to know all of you and explore the game together!

3. plexxus

plexxus Avatar

I was introduced to PC RPG gaming on my birthday, Jan 2012. Been exploring the Elder Scrolls series but once completing the main quests, the side quests just aren't "doing it for me". I am really looking forward to embarking on the "Shroud of the Avatar" experience as a "Royal Archivist" and am pleased to be a backer.

monxteri likes this.
  4. Entheos

Entheos Avatar

Glad to have you back, Lord British! The King is on this throne, all is right with the world once more...

5. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Congratulations on the successful Kickstarter campaign, very pleased to back a company that is passionate about gaming, and one that does the chicken dance in a kongo line! Great bunch of people you have their looking forward to watching this game and the community grow. Awesome stuff.

6. ☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆

☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆ Avatar

hehe I just realized I've never posted on this welcome topic. Me bad. It's so cool being able to not only witness but also play a small part in the development of this new and very enterprising game. Can't wait to see it take shape and share that process with RG, Portalarium and the community. It's going to be one amazing journey for us backers and I welcome everybody to come along for the fun ride ahead!! :D
    PS: We've already got over 23,500+ supporters!! That's a pretty awesome community and it's been great interacting with everyone during the KS campaign - this game is gonna be great! ;-)

7. izzy

izzy Avatar

Thrilled to be here. So looking forward to this game.

Pacific represent! 1997-2002 RIP.

8. azog

azog Avatar

Hi everyone, I guess I'll post my own greeting.

Been playing games since the 70s, it either Breakout or Space Invaders in the local bowling alley (they had both, and arcades didn't exist yet). Since then, I haven't stopped playing games. My first Ultima was Ultima III on a Commodore 64, and much later, I played in some of the UO beta. I even remember when Lord British was killed, altho I wasn't there. As soon as I saw this game, and the person behind it, I pledged at the "Virtual Collector" level.

So, anyways, looking forward to this, and hoping LB can again change the world.

9. eddycatboy

eddycatboy Avatar

put Spoonyone (aka Noah Antwiler) in it.

10. kinsake

kinsake Avatar

ELLO~!,
    Can't wait for this game! even tho I never play the previous game, but from suggestion and amount of content being offer. I cant say no to it! xD

11. WhooptyWoo

WhooptyWoo Avatar

Looking forward to playing and watching the game come together.

12. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I know I'm a bit late but congratulations on a successful Kickstarter campaign. Just recently created an account here and transferred my kickstarter pledge over. I pledged the Citizen level and hope to see us make the 2.25 mil level.
    Like Azog, I started playing games back in the late 70's in arcade rooms ( and yes, the local bowling alley as well ).
    My first Ultima was Ultima 4 and have played all of them up to Ultima 9. I played the first three ultimas after getting the Ultima Collection CD. I was fortunate enough to beta test Ultima Online in the summer of '97, and the 'bitter-sweet' memories ( bitter because of the number of times I was PKed as a newbie :) ). Played UO for five years on the Atlantic shard ( in the guild called 'The Trinsic Fellowship' ) and quit in 2002 because adding new content to the game just simply wasn't stimulating enough for me anymore. I had some expectations of UO developing some complex storyline but unfortunately, that never happened. SotA is the game, I feel, is developing into what UO could have been and am looking forward to it.

Also, greetings to everyone :)

13. Foxy

Foxy Avatar

Made it| Can't wait to play this game :)

14. AngryRob

AngryRob Avatar

the lady of the lake, her arm clad in the finest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by Divine Providence, that I, AngryRob, was to carry Excalibur.

that is why I pledged to SotA.

Listen, strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a system of crowd-funding.

or maybe it should be...

15. GetZPayd

GetZPayd Avatar

Glad I found this and looking forward to another Lord British game.

16. Keyser

Keyser Avatar

Making my first post to break in here. Need to see whats being discussed so far. See you around.

17. Cloudroth

Cloudroth Avatar

Hello everyone. It's nice to be here. Looking for to great discussions about the game both on the design and coding levels!

18. stile

stile Avatar

Weclome!

19. Pyth0s

Pyth0s Avatar

Hello all,

Doing my first post and intro here. Been playing Ultima games since 1982. It was litterally my reason for getting into RPG / Adventure games (That and Adventure in Serenia). Played them all. Was a beta tester on UO. Was present the day of the slaying of LB. Thanks BT for the slaughter of us afterwards lol. Left UO a few mths after release. Got tired of being PK ganked. Last straw was being ganked right in front of my home and losing my house key to this PKing wizard. Pulled the plug and went on to all 4 Beta phases of Everquest. I have been an avid MMO player for years.

I have Beta tested:
    - UO
    - EQ 1 & 2
    - DOAC
    - Asheron's Call 1 & 2
    - Dark and Light
    - Anarchy Online
    - Lineage 1 & 2
    - Pirates of the Burning Sea
    - Star Wars Galaxies
    - Star Wars The Old Republic On-line
    - LOTRO
    - Aion
    - Rift
    - Never Winter Nights On-line

Yes imagine, I never even touched WoW :) But all these games had their own certain element which was entertaining or fun for a certain period of time. All but a handfull of these really gave me that sense of adventure and that real sense of exploration as Ultima gave me in my younger years (Okay, running from Qeynos to Freemarch at level 15 in EQ's Beta test was pretty freaking uber). When I heard about SOTA, I almost fell off my chair. I look forward to spending time with you all and being part of something which is VERY special and dear to my heart.

Cheers!

Pyth0s Del Toro
    Pyzan Kinslayer

blaquerogue likes this.
  20. stile

stile Avatar

Welcome and glad to have you among us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.