We need new content....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dyonisys, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You have a choice : stop cheating her.

Zader, NRaas, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

The content we need is completion of the paths of truth, love, and courage, and balance.
    Adding more grindy stuff can come later.

Tahru, Ravicus Domdred, Kaisa and 3 others like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Absolutely spot on. Something more interesting is needed before everyone realizes all there is to do in this game is attend make-believe parties, play dressup, decorate your dollhouse and grind endlessly. This is not a game, well, not the game I signed up for... I'm looking for more REAL content.. not just ramped up clone zones (or *gasp* uncloned but skull 6+ ooo wow so interestinngggg LOL!).

Ibad, Tahru, Ice Queen and 1 other person like this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I get what your saying but though there is basic starter stuff in the game this title is no where near any retail launch ready state. Atm its one of the more boring games ive ever played and thats because of missing content small world small zones mostly starter level zones. Ive no issue with this im willing to wait until they have this stuff in but I see major problems in the design of the game actually the whole design process of the game has followed this format. Screw it up trying to do something new and never done before then go back 3 times to try and fix it.

1. Way to easy to level, no way they will ever be able to keep up with thier tier zones system. I dont see this one going away....
    2. Crafting is jacked because in 2 months everone can do every thing no need for other players. The economy is horrid atm to late now but the game needed hardcaps or xp requirments massivley increased.
    3. After about the first 3 weeks the game punishes you for group play, xp and easy 5 skull zones are better to solo vrs bringing a party.

Again my complaint is not a content lacking one, though there is missing content (lots) but I understand why small team + early dev(long).

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Ibad, Kaisa, Lord Baldrith and 3 others like this.
  5. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

They just need to add some stuff that you can play with while waiting for the rest of the game to be finish. Improving pvp and making a maybe a few more challenging zone on pve and some high end craft could help us . I really like the game but i had to stop cause i was stuck farming the same zone in pve again and again and again. And it quickly become boring. Hope they gonna add a few more stuff in r34 to play with ;)

Ibad and Govenor Ruin like this.
  6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

The Cistern is pretty fun.. but not very repeatable.. unless you look at grind value - which if I remember correctly, goes down after you 'finish' it once? Anyway, I loved the Cistern, and would love more of these.. it would be better than Skull 6+, but then what would all the level 80+ players do?? :D

We definitely need to focus on content, before appeasing the high level players.. this game is early release.. it's too bad final wipe was this soon.. but I have lost that battle a long time ago! :)

Ibad and Govenor Ruin like this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

We need to give reviewers something to review! :D Especially with final wipe, and lots of high level players running around, they will review us as 'released', and have.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Ibad likes this.
  8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

9. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

I also wish they continue to plan all the release like before and give us a view of the upcoming release so we can get a better idea where they are heading...

10. Smurfwizard

Smurfwizard Avatar

No matter how much content, quest and additions to the skill trees are add the players that continue to complain about content will never be happy.This showed with world of Warcraft, in when a new expansion came out players had to be the first to finish and then would complain it was to easy or was not worth their money because they finished in 2-3 days. Normal players that have a family that just enjoy the experience of playing and finding new things, gaining the objects that they could not afford to buy are looking more at how the game is progressing and understand that this game is still in Alpha and will take time to mature and progress, but the developers have continued to build new areas, adjust the combat and adventure skills to help build a better playing experience, In the comments you can see that this is to slow for some and always will be. If all you are wanting to do is be the first to finish to a specific level or be first to be GM of skills you are not getting the overall experience I believe the game is going to be able to give in the end.I like the plan in Star Citizen you can buy all the ships and extras but you can also get the same things in game it will just take longer to get them, but they are available.

Dyonisys likes this.
  11. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

haha i have 2 kids and a full time job this is not really the point, we all understand it is alpha just saying some little things implant in game could give us more reason to grind and play

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

New content is aways great. The only thing that I would be concerned with is not being able to go back to the old scenes if I needed too just stress free build up a bit of xp pool and gather some resources even if it takes longer to do so.

Having some awesome new content is great but getting forced to go to a new more difficult or more risky location might be rough.

Like the PvP zones now have more of the rarere resources in greater abundance. However I might not always be able to go there either due to a run of bad luck from looting or whatever... if i were forced to go there then that would be bothersome.

EDIT: I'm referring to the current 5 skull locations not 2 skull etc. Although I suppose we could go to a 2 skull and gater resources but that would take a very long time to gind the more rare resources.

13. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

I would like to suggest a GM only armor set or bonus to armor that can only be achieve by GMs

There is also plenty of room for mobs that are higher than what you meet in 5 skulls areas now, but not as strong as the Troll/Phoenix types.

Rakain Cobal and StevieD like this.
  14. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

I think the OP is about actual non-timed quests that are not community created. I would prefer to play at my own pace and not have a time limit to "be the 1st 10" to complete.

Having said that I am sure we all appreciate all the time / effort put into these, but what we need is more content that is playable at our own speed and that rewards every player that same as they complete the content.

15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Not all new content needs to be fighting or crafting...

They said they would add roving encounters eventually. How about the random encounters become more like ambushes where you are totally caught off guard... but wait there's a new twist... if you are level 75 and the knuckleheads that attacked you are 20 level thugs, perhaps after you one shot kill one (or more with aoe) the rest of the guys get spooked and maybe one of the mages (because mages are always smarter) might say, "Woah woah woah hey hey hey... um wait... this was all a big mistake... see we thought some badguys were coming through here this was all a big misunderstanding and we can work this out so that we are all happy here." --- something like the 10th doctor would have done. or maybe not... whatever they come up with is fine.

Ibad likes this.
  16. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

just saw the new patch release instruction and i am pretty happy with some of the new feature and update... haha

StevieD likes this.
  17. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Well, currently I see 3 job openings with Portalarium for Shroud of the Avatar. 2 world builder/game designers & 1 programmer. Seems to me they are trying to get more help so they can add more content so you put. I recon if you want it to come sooner you can always apply for the position and perhaps they will accept you on and you can get that content you so desired into the game quicker :)

Fister Magee likes this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Get busy living or get busy dying.

19. Dexter4

Dexter4 Avatar

i've noticed many people saying exp is too easy to get . not for casual players and ive already heard there nerfing exp again tomorrow . bad idea imo . if i have to grind anymore i will lowers both my accounts to a price that will sell in 1 day . These people that are really high lvl have been putting in 60+ hours a week . they only stop to eat , sleep and go to the bathroom . idk about you but 1 week of my time is worth 1000$ min . Go ahead , make this game a real job and watch it crash and burn .

20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ehh? U dont have to compete with anyone else play at your own pace !!!

The game is pretty easy, get a good weap and ull roll over stuff. And speed is what your looking for green mobs are prefered for grinding however the days when I saw orange mobs I had more fun with combat.

If your having a hard time find groups.

Mitara, Fister Magee and Dyonisys like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.