We need new content....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dyonisys, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

surely some people that log in at the release, get deco in place and just wait for the next one... sadly it don't get anything more to the core of the game right now.... where they should be putting their time (ok ok don't get back at me with the fact they need to get money for the game via the addon store i know this, because i thuink this is the main reason they have work on this now)

2. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I can't remember many games in alpha with 2-3 month content tbh. Played some last releases and after two months from last wipe still have some unexplored zones, bosses to kill, crafting to level... etc.

Tbh I don't think the new content is a priority right now.

3. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

i know there still things to do.... but tell me whats the point of getting your crafting skillz up to gm?

4. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

I'm not sure how many times I've heard this explained in the telethon and hang out with the avatars but here we go again. Object artists are not world builders. They have staff right now that can create 3D in game objects, these resources cannot be utilized for the areas of the game you are demanding. Heh - welcome to crowd funded games. What was the budget of Destiny? Where are we at? Just a little patience :)

5. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

you are surely right , but the essence of this post wasnt about the fireplace haha

6. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Just do what I do. Play other games while returning to this one every once in a while. I played nonstop after work nearly ever day from final wipe until a couple of weeks ago. Now I just check in every once in a while to check my vendor sales and restock when necessary. Otherwise, I'm just waiting for them to implement more content. Too many people seem to be expecting this to be a full MMO right now... it's not. It's still in development. Go play something else while you wait if you've truly done it all already.

Destiny just released their newest expansion, so I've been playing that. Although I'm already getting bored of it and basically just PvPing. Battlefield 1 comes out in less than a month, I'll be "no-lifing" that for at least a couple of months, I'm sure, once it comes out. And eventually, once this game reaches a release state, I hope to be playing SOTA for months and maybe even years if it's truly as good as the devs seem to be envisioning. Why limit yourself to only this game when it's not even fully developed yet?

I feel that many other players are doing the same. I don't think most of the players that have stopped playing lately plan to never play again. I'd say most of them are just waiting for the game to become more fleshed-out.

MrBlight, Chatele, Gaelis and 4 others like this.
  7. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

I'm wasn't even going to comment on the new content request. Frankly I'd rather see DX11 come in this week and have them shore up that dvelopment in the next few weeks before they unclone any new zone, add any new monster or even finish up another quest line. I think the priorities are being applied correctly for where this game is right now and the resources they have available.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The bigger issues as I see it tiers 1-3 are blow threw zones and they have to many of those. Slow the progression(less xp per kill) across the board and reduce the number of low tiered zones. This team cannon keep up with the players and they still have alot of regular stuff they need to do.

By the time tiers 6&7 hit they will already be green to many people. Crafting is another issue I have no ideas there.

9. Gibbralter

Gibbralter Avatar

Before they add new content i would think they would unclone the old content, half the stuff is being reused,
    That is how far we are away from new content, just got this game a month ago, heard about it for years, already tired of it as it has no place to go endgame, making your own gear seems to be the only goal.
    the more i see about this game makes me think its just a big cashgrab.

10. mass

mass Avatar

I'm not sure what kind of content you guys want. I'm not into attacking anyone's play style, but I can only assume you don't just want endless areas of mobs with gradually increasing hp, attack, and xp drops. I don't know why anyone would play a game like that (although clicker games exist, so you never know). I assume you are leveling to be able to play deeper, high quality content. That is why I'm doing the grindy stuff now, so that when the higher quality content drops, I'll be ready for it. But I think it's a mistake to ask for world building people to take time away from making high quality content to simply create new grind areas every week. I can sympathize with running out of the thing that's your favorite to do in-game, but I imagine they have to prioritize finishing systems and existing areas before getting to the next 'tier' of character advancement. If there's a simple way to keep high level players happy until release, that doesn't extend the time to complete episode 1, that would be great.

11. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

I agree. I recommended just a simple R# event cycle even just something basic like collect a rare ingredient and get a rare recipe per release to create a cool R# event item. Gives us something to hunt for, trade for, sell to players. Was told that this type of thing would be better suited for post release. Problem is a lot of us are looking for stuff to do NOW not 6-12 months from now. I don't consider creating mass amounts of Cole slaw for the impending nerf something to do. It could go a LONG way in keeping things fresh sadly add-on store purchased items don't do this. I'd rather see these items added in as the R# event items / recipe created items but I guess then port can't make money off them. Maybe just make one of them per month part of an event cycle and no add-on store version then add-on store the others. I dunno the exact best solution but something needs to be done so we have something to look forward to each R# release other than a re-skinning change to a town we will likely never visit and a smack to the gut with a big nerf bat. Here's to hoping!!!

Rakain Cobal likes this.
  12. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I've been trying to put the right words to what I feel about the game for many weeks now. I understand the game is still in development. Totally got that.

Adventuring right now is simply going into the appropriately skulled scene and killing things to gain experience. Wolves, Bears might attack you or they might run away. Bandits will always attack you. Undead will always attack you. You hunt animals if you need skins. You hunt undead for their metal weapons (for crafting or for coin). You hunt bandits for their weapons (for crafting or for coin). Rinse. Repeat. When you get bigger, you go through the gauntlets (ie, Chillbanes or Control Points) where waves of critters continually come at you, so you can soak up more XP.

That's it (for adventuring). Beyond that, there is little else. Yes, there are quests (few and far between). And yes, they can be buggy or a real chore just to get through (the conversation piece, at least). But once you're done with them, they're gone. Which leaves "the grind".

And it's a senseless grind. For animals, that's fine. You need skins, got get skins. Got it. But bandits...what's their story? Do they even have a story, aside from being mindless murderers? Will a player ever get to get friendly with them?

I guess that's it. The world is big, and beautiful...but for the most part, the depth is not too evident. It's not really "alive" in most places (some places, like Owl's Head or Ardoris, do have signs of life in them). Of course, that's because the game is still in development. But that means, if you're not sated with just the same boring "grind"...take a break, because they're still working on it.

Jens_T, Hornpipe, Ibad and 2 others like this.
  13. Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar

Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar Avatar

Its like a said before.. they need to slow down the the Xp gained in Advendturer and Crafting pool..
    Totally Agree with that +1 here

Hornpipe likes this.
  14. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

Look... Alphas arent just for building out new content and keeping players interested. Its for fixing stuff. They should be focusing very hard on combat before making any new content or housing items.

15. Sir Gamy

Sir Gamy Avatar

greetings avatars !!
    I am quite sure that in this game, not missing anything, you will have everything we want, safe, quiet.
    The only problem is time, if you enter the game 3 months ago ... you need more time to make a good opinion.
    Conversely, if you came 4 years ago, at the beginning of all this is certainly a lot of content missing.

time to time, some people will have their avatar uploaded without the development team completes all quests to start the game.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Eventually... but... it would also be much better if the content that already existed lasted longer.

For example, if levels didn't matter so much, and low-skull scenes didn't become super easy once you leveled up, forcing you to continuously find harder mobs in order to find a challenge. That way you could go back into any scene and it would always be a challenge.

Or, if the gameplay didn't orient so much around making grinding for mats/xp brainless; for example, I play survival RPGs with little to no "content" to speak of, but they last much longer and remain interesting much longer because the gameplay is kept interesting by regular challenges for your character.

Sir Gamy likes this.
  17. Sir Gamy

Sir Gamy Avatar

There is a lot of content to end and as much to fix, I think it would be better to try to finish it implemented, rather than a new content.

Blitz101 likes this.
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

2 months = end game = sad , very sad

Sorry but this is a massive design flaw nit a content flaw

dare I way fix / wipe start over again :-(

Govenor Ruin and Ibad like this.
  19. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

we don't need new content right now, we need more stability first. Hands down stability is way more important thanks.

MrBlight and Ibad like this.
  20. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

My routine lately: login checking out how much i have sold on public vendors, not enough to go collect? No problem, should i go grind a little? Naa, login off.

DepGames and Ibad like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.