Will you be part of a Kickstarter/Pledge for the next Episode release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallo Frostbane, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Will you pledge in the second kickstarter (Episode 2) and at what level?

1. Same as in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

16.0%
  2. Greater than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

13.6%
  3. Lower than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

24.5%
  4. I will not pledge in an Episode 2 Kickstarter...

45.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have changed my vote. All the RMT is freaken killing all the value and pleasure in the game. I will play, but I am done with the generous contributions unless they turn off the greed spigot. Enough is enough. The allowing gold selling paired with COTO bs has taken this way too far down the crap hole. It is so bad that when friends that see me playing ask me if they should join me, the first thing I say is i don't know followed by a warning of the greed fest going on in here. For people that won't take advantage of other people, this game leaves much to be desired.

2. Lady Witchblade

Lady Witchblade Avatar

If you want the game to feel real and items to have a worth then it needs to have real value. anything with real value will be sold for real money. plenty of free games to play.
    The amount i pledge in release two will be based on what content i might get and how well the game is going at that stage.

Chatele, jammaplaya and Travitar like this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It is not real, it is a game. This is not a job or an investment. Real life is for real money, game life is for FUN. I am seriously PO'd about the bull a small handful of are spewing. I get enough that stupidity in real life from crooked politicians.

4. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

For me it would entirely depend on how much actual game play is added to EP1. I'm having a blast with crafting and housing but this isn't why I pledged for the game in the first place. I need to see more actual RPG content.

Mykll, 4EverLost, moko and 1 other person like this.
  5. HermitFromPluto

HermitFromPluto Avatar

I agree. Seeing this post actually scared me a bit. I invested more in the game than any other game in my life and have been waiting years. I love it, love the crafting, but am getting frustrated with the slow tedious grinding to get materials. And the RPG elements are still not there (is there a quest list or guide on this?). Ok. What we have is nice, but it is a fraction of what I was expecting given the massive investment. I am content to wait more years for this game to reach its goal, but talk of a second Kickstarter is scary. Does that mean what we have now is close to all we will get?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Mykll, Apollyon9515, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  6. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

The interesting thing to me about the possible success or failure of SoTA is whether or not the kickstarter/pledge model is actually feasible. I'm heavily invested in SoTA, Underworld Ascendant, and Star Citizen. Similar conversations are happening on the forums of all 3 games. All 3 games promised gameplay that interests me, and in 10 years from now it'll be interesting to look back with hindsight.

7. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I voted no, mostly because over the last week RMT has become more of an issue for me. I watched some streams this week and all you seem to see is people farming, going on about how they hope to win houses even though they have at least one already, no one actually testing for bugs or issues. There was even someone who complained that they felt like they were being treated like a second class citizen because new players were getting free tickets for the next lottery. This when they already had property and all the other advantages that their pledge level had provided. I was literally speechless.

I've been in a number of alpha and beta tests for MMO's in the last 15 years and I've never seen an alpha where people are so focused on their own wealth without contributing anything to fixing issues. There are a lot of good people here who love the game and want it to be great, but it's this sort of greed that RMT creates. There also has to be a problem when people are making real money from a game still in this stage. So many systems could change before release.

Mykll and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  8. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

You're breaking immersion for others by talking about RMT outside of the marketplace. Please sir

9. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Oh is that a thing? I thought this was a thread were people were talking about why they would and would not be pledging again?

Chatele and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  10. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

pledging is diff than RMT

if RMT is a reason you won't pledge that's fine but you're still breaking the rules by mentioning it here

11. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

But people are giving their reasons for pledging again or not in this thread. Are you saying you can give your yay or nay reason as long as its not RMT?

Mykll, Chatele and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  12. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

If a second Kickstarter falls over, and the money streams from selling houses, add-ons, etc, starts to slow... the game development will become harder; that just stands to reason.

I sometimes wonder how it fits with people who pledged enough to cover future episodes if these revenue raising measures don't work, and they don't get the episodes they "paid" for.

13. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

read the rules bro they're hidden somewhere here on the forums in plain potato

14. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

If people can come in to the thread and give their reasons as long as it's not RMT, that's an issue and sadly reflects the state of things. Surely every issue someone has in this thread breaks immersion to some degree as its OOC. What you are suggesting is people are not allowed to give their own honest opinion about something. Not good.

Mykll and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  15. Node

Node Avatar

Sanctioned RMT gold trading disappoints me. If Portalarium is going to permit that, its hard to justify giving them even more money. RMT damages every MMOG it sinks its talons into.

Mykll, Chatele and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  16. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

No suggestion, simply asking you to follow the rules that's all.

• Bans for Out of Marketplace Posts: Any mention, post, information, text, advertising, etc. of any kind of a sale that refers to Real Currency in Shroud of the Avatar official locations outside of the Player Marketplace (i.e. the main forums, Shroud Discord chat, Shroud Facebook Page, inside the game) is against the rules.
    Seems you're mentioning sales that refer to real currency outside of the Player Marketplace. When you do so it breaks immersion for people. Being that it's your chief complaint I thought you would understand that.

17. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I interpret that as not talking about anything relating to a sale, not talking about RMT as a discussion topic. I am discussing RMT's impact on the game as a discussion topic. Nowhere did I give any information to a persons sale.

Mykll, Chatele, Pickley and 1 other person like this.
  18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

''give any information to a persons sale'' isn't really english so I'm not sure I trust your interpretation.

You already know that RMT will happen regardless of weather or not it's allowed, so the only thing Port can do is try and keep it confined somewhere out of the way. I find it ironic that you won't support the game because of RMT leaking out of its confines when you're also the one perpetrating it.

19. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

If by perpetrating you mean discussing then guilty as charged. I guess we should leave it to the devs as you haven't pointed out where I've gone wrong. By the letter of the law there was nothing in my post relating to anyone's sale, just my opinion as to why RMT has affected my view of the game and reluctance to invest more money. If you personally don't want to read anything relating to RMT then avoid those posts.

If a mod wants to remove my post that's fine although I'd ask for the courtesy of telling me what part of my post broke the rules.

Mykll likes this.
  20. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

You said that you were watching streams where all anyone was talking about was RMT. You claimed that therefore nobody is testing anymore. By your logic I can deduce that since you're here forcing RMT discussion down everyones throats daily on the forums that you also are not doing any testing, especially since you have said you are no longer willing to support this game.

on RMT since you won't stop discussing it, what exactly would you do differently than Port? Points for a specific answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.