And now I will be selling my account because of these PVP XP rewards

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Phoenix2, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I would think PvP is more than just being a target.

I thought he was pretty clear too.. which didn't include forcing anyone out of PvP (or forced into his 'safe space')

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So it is 100% an non-issue.

Vallo Frostbane likes this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It's so satisfying to see you guys argue :D

Fister Magee likes this.
  4. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

The OP is now trying to sell their account. It's overpriced IMO.

So they chose to flag PVP, complained bitterly about being PVP happening (what the...), now they list their account for more than it's worth.

Well ok then. I should thank you for starting such a humorous topic!

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

How do you argue when you're essentially in agreement?

Can't say I find someone else's bad experience to be humorous.. (even if they should've seen it coming)..

Widsith [MGT] and Stundorn like this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I do :)

I experience joy when I kill another player in game.......the more they die the more I laugh. All things must balance.....their sadness = my joyfulness

7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Acording to the other half of the posts these days, "all the other people who wish to harvest resources or mobs". That's why SPO is getting nerfed, because people who use it aren't competing for resources.

Half the threads these days bemoan that PVE players don't understand that the game isn't a competition and the other half of the threads, with many of the same posters, bemoan that SPO players aren't being punished hard enough for choosing not to compete.

I think it's a quantum competitive game, in the sense that it is only competitive when it fits in with the poster's argument.

Fister Magee likes this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hehe some people have no shame... I dunno I think its very funny...

If you don't like the game its ok to sell and write a feedback thread, but don't make it about something so silly just so you "look" genuine :p

its laughable... its just like in UO where people went over and over again to britain graveyard to train, and they would get ganked, ganked... yet all the other city graveyards were... like graveyards.

I used to think that those people were kind of masochists :p Often we even told them there was many other places with a town close-by to drop loot... but they kept on running around trying to call guards and help...

It was fun to help them, being the anti-pk hehe but here there is a huge disconnect...

9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Finally a roleplayer that has no shame, where there is shame there is no pleasure :)

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Dude don't tell me more about it lol... people LAUGHED at me in early releases when I said that the SPO and FPO modes would skew the economy in favor of botters and RMT market.

Now they are trembling and acting all incoherent, sure, but if you can't understand it you have no heart :p

MrBlight likes this.
  11. mass

mass Avatar

What's interesting to me is attempting to define 'consent' in the context of 'consensual PVP'. The game has defined itself as being a strictly consensual PVP game. Open PVP enthusiasts would argue that flagging for PVP is equivalent to consenting to PVP. However, an argument could be made that despite flagging for PVP, active consent might still be required. This is certainly the perspective of the OP in the example he provided where he attempted to explain to other PVPers in the area that he was not consenting to PVP, and yet was subjected to it simply because of his flag. Flagging could be interpreted as 'interest' rather than 'consent'. We should have some in game Novian attorneys sort this out. :)

12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I understood it was part of the balancing work which is still in progress. Not many PVP. In fact it's been lower (or so I understood) than they would have liked.

don't want to get ganked? that's fine. Don't PVP. I don't... unless I enter a shardfall that is :D

then I run my tail through quickly and get out!!

MrBlight likes this.
  13. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I find it hilarious also. It's like if I went driving on a street labeled 55mph, and get pulled over doing 70 and then acting like I didn't know what was going to happen. . well I clearly did and I made the choice, so if I'm unhappy with my choice it's my own darn fault LOL. BTW I used to love chasing around the PKERS a brit graveyard back in the day on Chesapeake shard. I look for the same experiences here on SOTA!

MrBlight, Crowquills and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  14. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I think the problem the OP is having is that he feels he's "falling behind" other people who are happy to PvP. I never understand this fixation people have with what other people have achieved. "They make more money than me." "They have a nicer house than me." "They made more xp today than me." Who cares? Just play the game and have a good time. What other people achieve in-game (or outside the game) has nothing to do with you, and doesn't affect your results or your life in any way.

I hope the OP changes his mind and doesn't leave. It sounds like he was enjoying SoTA until he got caught up in this "race to the finish line" thing (that doesn't even exist in this game).

Scanphor, Crowquills and Jordizzle like this.
  15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

There's an interesting point of what he posted you all missed until...

"Ganked again and again and again!"

but I always read just about fair challenges - big LoL
    If lets say most - not all - of the pvpers can they will do, cause it's fun to them!

But all who posted pro pvp never would agree, they are the honest and fair challengers of cause - bigger LoL

To me it's dividing the small playerbase again into seperate groups that go against each other argumenting pro or contra the xp Bonus and or pvp in general and nor playing together neither accepting the others playstyle!

Whatever the Devs conclude of the experiment, for me it doesn't work at all.

Jens_T likes this.
  16. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I never understand the fixation people have with what other people have achieved either. I keep saying this, but honestly by the same logic I should feel that I "must" power game and play 24/7 in order to keep up with people who are able to do so. But I don't feel that way. . and I'm happy.

17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

If nothing is done to raise the number of players in an instance... I fear all we'll have is kind of manufactured scenes and not a living breathing world.

No chaos, only order, ordained, oracle anti-roleplay.

18. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Reason I would never PVP is that the SOTA system doesn't really work for PVP.
    Pick the right skills, spend 8 hours a day raising them up, get the right equipment, you will crush all before you (and hear the lamentation of the women).
    With a 25% XP bonus, those few that "rule them all" get further and further ahead, leaving behind the rest of the people that PVP (especially if gank after gank after gank is initiated at the Ankh).
    Essentially, the "rich get richer"...faster.
    And with players that have been involved in the game for years, they have an edge working through the XP and skill system to level up faster than newer, or more casual player.

I can see Portalarium putting out a carrot to get more PVP going, but they need to work out balancing their combat system before they try to "push" PVP on people.
    Otherwise, you're going to end up with players that corpse camp and turn even more people off PVP (or the game entirely) going forward.

Stundorn likes this.
  19. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I mean if you get killed twice in the same area, by the same people, you have several options. The stupid option is to keep going back and allowing the same thing to happen to you over and over. Your other options are to, unflag for pvp, go to a new area, or call in friends to help you. Or create a party and xp farm that way. . you'll be able to gain more xp that way to be honest any way. Now, if he was talking about being rez killed, I could sympathize. Rez killing is clearly a form of griefing, and there are some of the TOP pvpers in the game who may indeed be good pvpers, but I have no respect for them because they have rez killed me.

20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There is a difference between consent.. and desire. I simply make that distinction for clarity.

21. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You seem to shuffle issues here :p players will get ahead *of what?*... I mean players reach "end game" aka they can clear all zones and quests, without the 25% pvp bonus... so they will get "ahead" in what ? RMT ? :p

MrBlight and Crowquills like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.