And now I will be selling my account because of these PVP XP rewards

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Phoenix2, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Its funny that you say that. My son is 16 and hes really been into Destiny for a long time and has gone very far in it (maxed it). Yet I listen to him while PvP'ing or playing in general and he gets so angry all the time, yelling at the screen or other players on voice. I continue to have to talk to him about it.

Either one has to accept that playing with other players can lead to frustration (and lots of death) and you need to deal with it that its just a game and you are playing to have fun or quit, recognizing that you are not having fun and its not a game any longer, more like a job.

Archer and MrBlight like this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

No it really isn't.
    There is something like common sense still out there.
    It's getting less and less, but it still exists.

3. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I leveled PvP tagged in Multi yesterday for 3 hours without seeing another PvPer. I had to adventure a little to find the right spot but there are scenes that nobody even goes to.

You have to sneak around a bit and leave your regular loop of comfort if you're alone. It makes the game more fun.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You mean like the whole Drachvald region ^^?

Spoon, DancingShade, Gregg247 and 3 others like this.
  5. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

They flag because 25% more experience equates to weeks less grind in the long run. They flag because they figure that being frustrated by getting ganked is worth it to trim weeks of boring grind. If SotA's grind wasn't a repeaditive slog, hardly anyone would flag.

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

If he is part of a team things can get heated at times as everyone has a job to do and it is very competitive. I would say that if he can control is temper and how to react to others it will serve him well later on.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

If you think flagging results in more exp then you have not read this thread nor have actually gone out and flagged PvP in this game.

You then also totally miss the point of flagging since you associate it with grinding exp. Flagging PvP is for engaging in PvP first and the 25% is there to help compensate (just a little) for the fact that it is significantly more expensive and takes more time to grind with that flag on.

MrBlight likes this.
  8. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That aside, I'm not wrong in my assertion.

9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah man, I will never flag PVP because as Austin Powers once said, "That's just not my bag, baby!" ;)

Moreover, you can definitely grind away PVE with friends and to your point, make a TON of XP.

What I don't understand is the griping about giving PVP players the +25% bonus. I look at it like this, I never had that bonus before so i'm losing nothing AND it's making a portion of our community happy. Which is a good thing. Breathe everybody, things will all work out lol :D

Acred, Keziah, MrBlight and 7 others like this.
  10. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

How do you define abuse? Abusive language in chats? Clearly not fighting back. Shittalking is not acceptable either (like griefing). My statement was more general that playstyles are different and that extremes (on any side) drive away more mainstream interpretations of the game. Which in turn is bad for funding development.

11. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

So where is the XP bonus for crafters and decorators, both of them need to sacrifice time and money to practice their crafts? Are you saying that the devs are playing favorites?

Archer likes this.
  12. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

This is turning extremely toxic and non constructive.
    SotA forums is a positive vibes type of place. I hope @Berek locks this thread soon. The tone of these types of threads really alienates the PvP player base who just want to have a good time playing a video game. :(:(

MrBlight, evillego6 and Cordelayne like this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Put another way, if I kill a player and they say "nice fight, well done etc etc" and actually take a few seconds to engage in a conversation about it........am I likely to kill them again? The answer is no, in fact in UO it is how I met many who eventually became guild members. If the player just starts being abusive then i'm more than happy to rezz kill them for eternity.....in UO days it was followed by horse kill, full loot, breaking up of armour and dumping on ground.

14. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

If Port has been playing favorites, it has been towards crafters and pvers for the past 35 releases, and now that they have finally thrown pvpers a bone, the crafters and pver's should chill the hell out, as the pvp community has been chill during the past 35 releases.

fantalio, Keziah, MrBlight and 4 others like this.
  15. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

No they act logical and are limited in resources. XP gain was a low hanging fruit. Thats why they did it and it worked well.

MrBlight likes this.
  16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread, great suggestion. Apologies to the OP for having it go on a tangent in different directions.

An important point was made here too that I want to call out... PvP is meant to be a fun feature for both sides, including the loser of a battle or even someone who got something stolen, it's part of the game. It's not a feature where you can be a '****', if I may use a swear word for a moment to drive home the point.

And that includes the same attitude when discussing PvP here in the forums. Don't be a ****, be constructive in arguing without the personal jabs and attacks that derail threads, or we may have to put a 'timeout' on your account.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.