And now I will be selling my account because of these PVP XP rewards

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Phoenix2, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

Sure, when people go to a bar and do all the things that 'flag' themselves as interested in sex, certainly that doesn't mean they are consenting to anyone and everyone for sex.

2. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

In the game we have a mechanic that prevents players from attacking you, the moment you choose to remove that mechanic that protects you, you are consenting to being attacked. Simple.

MrBlight and Womby like this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

No. Flagging is consent.

MrBlight and Dirk Hammerstrike like this.
  4. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

If someone DOES want to PVP, and is constantly slapped down/killed by more experienced players...how exactly are they going to "catch up" when they must switch to PVE XP gathering, and the people further ahead due to PVP XP get even further ahead? Savvy?

5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

And that mechanic has no lore or logic element to base itself upon... apart from the unjustifiable RP-wise omnipotent oracle who's watchers you can kill but that can stop time after a pvp match to deal with loot.

*ugh*

6. mass

mass Avatar

Perhaps that mechanic is not consistent with consensual PVP then. Not making an ultimatum here, just a point for consideration.

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Practice makes perfect, hang around with the PvP community rather than the PvErs and RPers, learn game mechanics.......lots of ways. One thing for certain you will never get better by turning off the flag and rage quitting.

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sorry I don't see a point for consideration at all. The player decides to flag themselves for PvP knowing they can be openly attacked anywhere........how can that not be consent to participate in PvP?

9. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Too many years I've spent dealing with griefers. Not going to subject myself to them.

I'm simply pointing out the failings of PVP in the SOTA system. If you benefit from them, more power to you.
    That, however, does not empower you to simply shrug off or invalidate others' gripes about the system.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Of course... but you see, that is PRINCESS mode compared to UO. You have to saavy as well on what kind of folks REALLY play SotA.

The GOAL of RG's vision is that when you are in the wild, you have to know where you're going, use scouting... there is no dicrepancy in his continuity, tabula rasa was supposed to become the same thing.

Sometimes I feel like only very few of us understand RG.

I'd be willing to bet RG dosen't like WoW and the Sims... EVERYTHING he talks about is consequences, nuances, things you must notice, even mirrors of the true world, even illusions of winning while the true goal is hidden.

Everytime he gets pushed around and finally all there is is a watered down version of what he wanted, so much so that I feel guilty sometimes, maybe I haven't done enough temper tantrums. heh...

11. mass

mass Avatar

For instance, they might want to reserve the right to not consent to something they feel is a one sided endeavor. Or, decline to consent to being res killed over and over. I get that most people feel like flagging for PVP equals consent to being attacked anywhere, everywhere, under any circumstances, but I don't think that is necessarily the only valid perspective.

12. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

Honesty, I like that.

When people go into PvP and expect a gentleman's agreement then they are not going to like the reality.

People read posts from people who say they PvP for the challenge but in reality there are a lot of people running around squishing noobs and non combatants like bugs in every open PvP game I have ever seen. People may have a false impression of what PvP will be like then get mad because their expectations were something else.

Bloodlust is real. Hah.

For the record I flag and unflag as the mood or circumstances dictates but PvP for fun not for exp.

13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Beleive me, "we" are pointing to a much broader and damning failings. It's not to diminish your gripe but rather to bring you on the same level.

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You are wrong.

EDIT:
    Just for the record you can stay unflagged and enter duels (1v1) that is already in game for those who do not want to take part in open world PvP.

Jordizzle likes this.
  15. mass

mass Avatar

lol

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So you finally show your true colors ? :) hmm..

Soylent Green likes this.
  17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

you mean you disagree... and why...

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sorry the argument suggesting that flagging PvP doesn't necessarily give consent to PvP is that retarded it doesn't deserve a detailed answer.

19. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Sometimes you just have to accept that there are certain players who put more into the game than you do and therefore get more out of it than you do. Vallo Frostbane has killed me easily the few times we have fought, he has like 13gm skills while I have zero. I never expect to catch up with him. I can't powergame, and I certainly can't make him quit playing until I've casually reached his level. Therefore I must accept that I will not be able to beat him for quite some time.

MrBlight, Zader, Crowquills and 2 others like this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Indeed.
    But flagging for pvp dosen't consent into grief play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.