Im not Happy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Death, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

great no problem but your staff will always be not so good as pvp players has, and you will never beat us on a market :D

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Ya you have the bigger one!
    You do dangerous things, you are the better player and character, because what you do is more adventuring, threatenimg, it's more worth at all. And it's more true and real and all this.
    PvPers are the better humans!!!
    While Coop Players are less good and roleplayers waste her time with swollen words and dont play the game right.

Thank you for insulting... Me... Oh wait and yourself.

I'll always beat you while the feather is mightier than the sword.

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Generally old UO is here.
    Its just too small ammount players now, but after release hope it will be thousands, many of them will be PVP, 90% high level characters will be PVP, then old UO will be everywhere around you.
    I`m here not very long not even for a year, but almost each month game becomes better and more hardcore and less looks like Sims. So if you look for old UO play this game, study game mechanics, play it as an sandbox and you will be for sure satisfied.

Numa likes this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I don't find the link but it has been said that there can't be changes to scenes with player housing - basically every city. So NPCs cannot die or be removed from or added to a scene. No houses can be destroyed etc.
    You can see this in Soltown. Even if you rescue Charlotte in Solace Bridge, she will never be reunited with her mother as she cannot be added to the scene due to player housing.
    The murderer in Ardoris cannot be brought to justice and during a siege nothing can happen to the city and the people living there.
    This is a big disappointment for players interested in an epic story but that's the way SotA works. Other features have priority. That's life.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Another huge reason for the overworld and instanced zones was to avoid needing multiple server sets like MMOs have. The idea being that ALL players would be able to play in a single world and have a chance to play together rather than permanently dividing the player population up into separate servers.

Elwyn, Numa, Stundorn and 1 other person like this.
  6. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

sounds like u got pked alot in old uo... insult You? how the only way you are insulted is because u want to be the victim...

7. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

i did not even know u could bind..

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can bind to a town crier if you don't have a lot.

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I wasnt much pked in my gamers life because if games are designed to be a powergaming grindfest to be competetive in PVP i avoid PVP.
    Darkfall was some weeks after Release where many people had issues to login and buy etc. nice and competetive.
    Then people began spamming Magic Missile, do bloodwalls etc.
    I was there the first month's on Yssam.
    I like PvP i killed some people who think a i am a victim, because i was known as a roleplayer.
    I dont like gankers and pk's as i dont like to grind something and playing for max out everything to become mighty and bother others.
    If you join a game like DF it's consensual open full loot pvp.
    I like, but i dont like what players do with it.
    I for myself decided not to pvp until i am competetive. And this is maybe never because i dont want to grind much!
    I dont go for max out skills.
    If this is the basic for pvp i dont want anymore and i cannot and will not spend the time to play like this.

I was just kidding because you wrote you are pk and a DF player and i know what you are searching for. Victims.
    And SotA wont give you victims if they decide not to be one, because the consense of pvp here is about flagging and some scenes.
    If it changes and i am forced to pvp i wont play anymore.
    PvP in sandbox games is for players with much time to grind!
    This is no Arenamatchgame where (maybe) balance exists.

So, you said you are pk and i was kidding you because you cannot bother me with your pk playstyle ;-)

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  10. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

RE: @Lord_Darkmoon elaboration.
    I see two different issues.
    - The map is dynamic and can respond to the playerbase in the sense that a volcano could erupt, creating or changing a scene.
    - The scenes cannot respond to the individual player as this would conflict with the multi-player aspect of the game. You can't create scenes that differ from player to player because this results in a combinatorial explosion.

11. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

i must say u all have inspired me to give it another try .... i did not know u can bind im grinding the same spot every day feels like im walking very slow in progress ... and i die alot..

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Good! Learn the game's in and outs. Go out with some groups if you can to different area. Learn what the zone to bin for your skills. It's not meant to be UO2 and I would rather it wasn't.

FYI I'm still in UO in 19th year, as are others here.

Numa and Black Death like this.
  13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I still think that it is a strange design decision for a story-driven game with choices and consequences. If you announce such a game, people expect to see consequences. And it is possible to do it in a multiplayer game as The Elder Scrolls Online shows. Also there is an offline mode in which it is even more odd when nothing happens.
    But I feel resignation about this topic and the game.

But maybe it would be better to remove the choices with consequences part from the description of the game as new players will expect those and will ultimately be disappointed. I also think that the whole "story-driven" and "single-player narrative" parts should also be removed from the description. SotA just can't compete in those aspects with other games and will only disappoint players who expect something "real" here.

Sir_Hemlock and Black Death like this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

And get to know of how to manage learning skills and about pool xp.
    And then Deckbuding.
    Should make it easier all in all.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  15. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

There is still more content coming. I am an old UO player as well. I played both Tram and Fel. So i know all the ins and out of UO. You have to give it a chance. Its a different game. Just gotta get your mind outta UO mindset and give it a try. Hook up with some other players and go try and enjoy. It takes some getting used to but after a while you do get used to it. Took me a bit and I love the game. FYI Old Chessie and Lake Austin player here from UO. Just hit some of us up as a friend and at least give it a better go than just packing it in and leaving. Hang in there

16. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

i dont consider anything after UOR being real UO once UO made gear skill based armor it was now ... a diff game and spit in the face of all the old players who grinded resist to 120 then to make resist only work to stop para and poision... i went from a god to a pleabe in 1 day.... AOS... the death of real UO... i only play and have run free shards now but they just dont have enuf population for big faction wars and deffending faction bases that was the most fun of all time... and the risk that u better leave ur gold in the bank cuz when u go out u might get straight killed and looted .... that was one of the only games to get my heart pumping like it was real...

Numa and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  17. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Not being a wise arse, but from what you describe you are looking for more of a hardcore PvP game. This won't be that and this game is not designed that way. But a fun game non the less if you continue to give it a try. Might surprise you.

Black Death and Stundorn like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No you do not need to have a lot to bind to a town crier.

19. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

The arrow spells help to draw the monsters away from groups so you can take them on one on one. Crowd control is always an issue when fighting.
    I always try to train on yellow colored enemies till they turn green then move up to the next skull level area. I also prefer the melee mobs to mages or archers since you have to chase them or root them depending on your melee skill of choice.

20. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

yea well greece went bankrupt it also didnt help the owners were buying ferraris instead of putting it into the game to make it for sale in box..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.