When is Collectors Edition Box being sent out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lendrick, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Things I'm looking forward to (besides cloth map):

• Akallabeth D&D campaign
    • "The Story of Mondain in the World of Sosaria"
    • Printed Manual
    • User Created Family Crest on Shield, Tabard, and House Flag

Bom, smack, Numa and 2 others like this.
  2. mercster

mercster Avatar

Printed manual will be nice...I hope it's one of those 200 page, beefy, detailed manuals that used to come with video games in the 90s. It probably won't be, but a boy can dream...

Numa likes this.
  3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Yeah. For me, the wonderful ultima 5 manual would be the benchmark.

LoneStranger and Spoon like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ahhh now why are you thinking that? It is definitely going to go public. And here you are. I left you a note. ;)

Numa, Montaigne and Black Death like this.
  5. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

i was on today i got ambushed on the road by bandits it was only 1 then 2 i was wooping them then it was 3 4 5 then arrows start hitting me and i die... end of story i logged out...
    im going to have to use the beast computer for this game it makes this comp wayyyyyy too hot.. i could use it as a heater...

majoria70 likes this.
  6. mercster

mercster Avatar

This game has graphics.

Black Death likes this.
  7. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

its getting cold in my room time to turn on sota,,,

Fister Magee and majoria70 like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hi there OxNull,

Didn't see any replies to your questions so thought I'd cover the basics.

This depends on what you mean. The Kickstarter 'collectors box' reward was only for kickstarter and pledges who got grandfathered in for the same reward. So those are gone.
    However it has been mentioned several times that there will be different versions of some of the stuff.
    For instance the cloth map, there will be a specific 'founder' map for Kickstarter pledge reward 'collectors box' which is unique to that. However they could easily make some changes to its design and have another cloth map show up in the addon store and they have hinted heavily that they will do that.
    Another note is that the cloth map promised in the Kickstarter is only for the Novian continent - when Episode 2 comes out there will be another continent which needs a new map, with that they hinted that if there is interest there will be a new 'Episode 2 - collectors box' which would include such a new cloth map.
    An example of this would be the book Blade of the Avatar which was a kickstarter reward. That is unique to the kickstarter and will be delivered with the other physical rewards. However they then got a publisher contract added some extra chapters and are selling that as a different version of the same book as Sword of Midras through retail.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=59607

So, yes the Kickstarter 'collectors box' was limited and no longer available, but there will be other similar opportunities.

However if you are looking for one of the kickstarter 'collectors box' then you will be able to buy them in the Player Marketplace. There are several of us who purchased multiple accounts/pledges for the tax-free deeds, so we have multiple boxes incoming but no need for them. Right now we are not allowed to sell such promises since we cannot deliver immediately. Although we are allowed to sell whole accounts with such pledges on them that are entitled to a 'collectors box' when they do get shipped.
    If interested send me a PM.

Both.
    It was always supposed to be distributed as a digital download with patches etc etc.
    BUT it was always also supposed that in the 'collectors box' you would get a physical media of the game which also would work stand-alone (offline) so that you 20 years from now could still bring forth that media, install it and play it. Just like with the elder Ultima series game which had physical disks.

Budner, Bom, Numa and 4 others like this.
  9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Im guessing that since @Berek already entered the thread and sidestepped the OP's actual question about a delivery window, there will be no answer forthcoming. ;)

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Oh, did we miss answering the OP?
    :oops::p

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-questions-answered-mostly.70841/#post-700848
    So the physical rewards are due when the game is due which would be considered the commercial launch.

Bom, smack, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  11. koabosk

koabosk Avatar

Hmm, I donated $55 back in the day and I never received anything. So are you saying its all gone and I am SOL?

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

The game isn't released and in game assets that are created can be claimed in game. For physical items Nothing will be sent out til closer to release and some aren't created yet. Hang in there. ;)

13. mercster

mercster Avatar

No, you'll get whatever you pledged for. Game's not released yet.

14. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

It would cool to see the stuff even if it's not going to be shipped until after launch. Got any concept artwork to show off or maybe even some prototypes? Pweese?

[​IMG]

15. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

An answer from the Devs , would be awesome.
    LB, Star or Chris?

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They have answered before and they don't know atm.

17. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're still a bit early to be accurate about any of these details still I'm afraid :(. I can totally understand the excitement in wanting to get your hands on the physical items, or even a sneak peek snapshot there. As soon as I can get you a sneak peek of any physical items, and how it's going to roll out, we will certainly update you here. I'm just as eager as you are to see these come out, so hang tight for closer to launch for more details!

Budner, Bom, Shadow and 2 others like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm in no hurry. I'm only interested in the actual game. I did not pledge for the items just for the game. I wanted it to be funded.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  19. smack

smack Avatar

I could not find a direct quote, but someone else got a reply via e-mail and relayed the following:

It's unclear who said that but there you have it. That's the best answer I could find on the forums. Not sure why a direct answer is not in the FAQ given how often this question comes up.

Bom and Aurelius Silverson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.